Ok. I need some advice. I know this is the best place to get it.

I've gone thru the Curve to the Bold and now to the Storm. I'm on day 2 of my 30 day test drive with Verizon and their Storm. I have to say, the Storm, is a completely different BEAST!!

I find that I really like the feel of my Bold better than the touch screen of the Storm.

I've downloaded the latest update from last Sunday, and still notice some...um...quirks?

What do most of the Storm owners say about if they had it to do over again? Would you keep it and deal with it, or should I cut my losses now and stay with AT&T and the Bold?

Thanks,
    Steph
    06-05-09 08:27 AM
    Is all a matter of opinion. I would go to the storm again given the chance. I love my storm. But there is definitely a learning curve to using it. Play with it a few more days then see if you like it. If not go back to what makes you happy. Two days isn't really enough time to allow yourself to get used to the phone though.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 08:31 AM
    Decent: Thanks. I guess it's just a huge amount of change, not only with the new phone, but, it's also, getting set up with a new carrier, the plans, and all that rolled into one.

I was on Verizon's site, and read the reviews on the Storm. They've about scared me to death of it. There was probably on 1 good review to every 20 bad ones! Sheesh!
    06-05-09 08:35 AM
    Me personally, prefer the BlackBerry Bold. Maybe it is because of the hardware keyboard.
    06-05-09 08:49 AM
    I was one of the idiots that waited on line for 8 hours the 1st day the storm came out. After 5 replacements and tons of frustrations I went to a Bold. I wish I had done it 10 months ago. My blood pressure has come down as the storm would cause it to rise everyday. Good luck!
    06-05-09 08:58 AM
    I was one of the idiots that waited on line for 8 hours the 1st day the storm came out. After 5 replacements and tons of frustrations I went to a Bold. I wish I had done it 10 months ago. My blood pressure has come down as the storm would cause it to rise everyday. Good luck!
    I'm also one of those idiots. But I have learned to love my Storm. Yea it's got quirks, but it's fairly fast with the latest software, has a gorgeous screen, excellent browser, and a camera that is quickly becoming my default camera.

EDIT: I don't think you can go wrong with the Curve or Bold either both are excellent BBs
    06-05-09 09:05 AM
    JOE: Tooooo funny! Yeah, I really like the LOOK of the Storm, just not so sure if I'm ever gonna get used to that clicking screen. I can't type fast at all on this thing.

Truthfully, it worries me a little about the screen. I feel like it might be the first thing to start having problems since it's a moving part. In my imagination, I can see in the future where I'm clicking the screen and it just flips off the front of the screen or loses it's springy-ness and doesn't work any longer.

Decisions, decisions....
    06-05-09 09:07 AM
    Witch keypad do like better? I tried a 9530 and it lag, it was freezing now and then. How is it now?
    06-05-09 09:10 AM
    Witch keypad do like better? I tried a 9530 and it lag, it was freezing now and then. How is it now?
    I prefer the landscape full qwerty, but I use the suretype on occasion too. Yes the lag and freezing is MUCH, MUCH better on 148.
    06-05-09 09:14 AM
    Did any of y'all put another browser on it? I was using Bolt (beta) on my Bold and it was like lightening compared to the regular BB browser.

I don't like the BB browser pulls up yahoo and some more like that.

Got any suggestions for me??
    06-05-09 09:31 AM
    It was for sure a learning curve from when I purchased the storm in December to now! with 148 and the torx screw fix for the screen it's a whole new animal. I know people will make the comment you shouldn't have to adjust screws to make it better but that was the fact! I love this thing now.....I came from a bb curve which I also loved but wouldnt go back to it now that I am used to the large screen.
    06-05-09 09:39 AM
    I can not go back to anything but a storm. I love it and now that I am used to the keyboard I have no issues. I will be getting the storm two though. Just because. Then I will get the magnum. Just because. The storm is my favorite for now. d

06-05-09 09:54 AM
    The manager of the Verizon store told me the Storm 2 would be available in November that he had received a memo from their home office. He "claims" that it will come out then for the Christmas rush.

I still wish I could find a better browser for this thing though!
    06-05-09 09:59 AM
    would not trade my storm for any other phone out there.
    06-05-09 10:02 AM
    It was for sure a learning curve from when I purchased the storm in December to now! with 148 and the torx screw fix for the screen it's a whole new animal. I know people will make the comment you shouldn't have to adjust screws to make it better but that was the fact! I love this thing now.....I came from a bb curve which I also loved but wouldnt go back to it now that I am used to the large screen.
    Yeah, I find it hard to go back to a small screen too. And I actually I send messages faster on the Storm using the Suretype than I do with the physical keyboard. I rarely type more than 3 letters of a word before Suretype provides the word I'm trying to use. I've also programmed my AutoText for frequently used words and phrases, which saves a lot of time.
    06-05-09 10:04 AM
    Decent: Thanks. I guess it's just a huge amount of change, not only with the new phone, but, it's also, getting set up with a new carrier, the plans, and all that rolled into one.

I was on Verizon's site, and read the reviews on the Storm. They've about scared me to death of it. There was probably on 1 good review to every 20 bad ones! Sheesh!
    Have you ever heard the business adage about how people with good experiences with your company will tell 1-3 people while people with bad experiences will tell 15-20? Same thing applies here.
    06-05-09 10:29 AM
    It was for sure a learning curve from when I purchased the storm in December to now! with 148 and the torx screw fix for the screen it's a whole new animal. I know people will make the comment you shouldn't have to adjust screws to make it better but that was the fact! I love this thing now...
    HUUUUUUUUUGE +1
    06-05-09 05:17 PM
    I went from a Curve to the Storm and love it. I have been lucky and have had no screen click issues and the 148 os rocks. I won't be going back. It just sits in my desk. I am looking forward to Storm 2 though. That might be the only BB to get me away from my Storm.

06-05-09 06:53 PM
    Had the Storm and loved it, went through every single OS release/hybrid and finally got the magic one (.151) which made it what it shoulda been...but ended up trading it for an 8900 only for the reason that i miss the keyboard, have to text/email alot for work...but id love to have both, 8900 for work and the storm for play, its a great device that just needs an OS to go with it
    06-05-09 10:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD