So I guess I dropped my phone to go into the shower in my room on a pile of clothes because I'm paranoid and don't take it in the bathroom. My GF picked up the clothes & washed them. I get out, oh yeah phone doesn't even power up.

So I file w/ Asurion (of course I have to pay the fee heh). So what's next? Do I get the same PIN back? Will my BBM friends have to re-add me? Unfortunately I didn't have a recent backup because I just got my PC back from HP today and had to format my PC. I was going to do a backup of my BB tomorrow. /sigh.
    06-05-09 05:10 AM
    eeehhhh....that sucks!!......if you didnt back up your phone trough Dm then your going to have to re-add everything back again....as for the pin i think it changes if you get a different phone but can someone please correct me if iam wrong?...thanks.
    Last edited by Henry740; 06-05-09 at 05:23 AM.
    06-05-09 05:20 AM
    What about my PIN? Will I get a new one?
    06-05-09 05:21 AM
    Sorry to hear that. At least you have insurance and clean clothes. You won't have the same pin as they are specific to each device. I'm sorry you don't have a recent back up. You have actually made me think about backing up my backups on another drive just in case. I hope you aren't to po-ed about the situation. I'm sure she feels terrible.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-05-09 05:28 AM
    I have a laptop and a desktop. I back-up on both. I also put my back-up files on a Jumpdrive. I guess I am anal that way. Sorry to hear about your phone. I hope you get a good replacement. My second replacement is awesome...first one..not so much.
    06-05-09 05:30 AM
    Lame MD. I'd rather have dirty clothes and BB Storm
    06-05-09 05:32 AM
    Lol but maybe you'll get a better phone like SOTK mentioned. Then you will be wanting to marry her. Lol. :-p

06-05-09 05:38 AM
    This suckssssssss! No you don't have the same pin and now your going to have to reformat everything yourself. Sorry for your loss

06-05-09 05:39 AM
    Lol but maybe you'll get a better phone like SOTK mentioned. Then you will be wanting to marry her. Lol. :-p

LOL, Marriage. I don't think so. My Storm was good, no clicking problems, no software issues.

Just got a red light when I put the battery in, but it wouldn't stop vibrating.
    06-05-09 05:45 AM
    This suckssssssss! No you don't have the same pin and now your going to have to reformat everything yourself. Sorry for your loss

. I guess I'll go have some Jack (good avatar!)
    06-05-09 05:46 AM
    When you get up and running again you might consider unloading a back up file into one of those online storage sites, you can even use agmail account, just email it to yourself.

06-05-09 05:47 AM
    The storm can survive water. Just blow it dry with a hair dryer.
    06-05-09 05:48 AM
    Good idea, I'll do that.
    06-05-09 05:49 AM
    I'm gonna let it dry overnight (put it in a bowl of rice) I just hope it powers up enough for DM to recongize it so I can pull data off.
    06-05-09 05:49 AM
    try to put your storm separated with its battere on plastic bag filled with SILICA GEL for a couple of days (Only the Phone).... hope next day it can startup (but u have to pray...)
    if Silica Gel is hard to find.. try with uncooked Rice!
    but it works on my phone when it drop into river...
    06-05-09 06:25 AM
    I'm gonna let it dry overnight (put it in a bowl of rice) I just hope it powers up enough for DM to recongize it so I can pull data off.

this is a good idea..

how do to the fact that it was probably ON when it went into the machine there is a good chance its already toasted..

but it is always worth the effort...

keep in mind its going to take more then just overnight

I would leave it in there for like 48 hours..
    06-05-09 06:28 AM
    Thats what I'm doing. I'm using uncooked rice.
    06-05-09 06:28 AM
    this is a good idea..

how do to the fact that it was probably ON when it went into the machine there is a good chance its already toasted..

but it is always worth the effort...

keep in mind its going to take more then just overnight

I would leave it in there for like 48 hours..
    What am I going to do I'm so lost.. Asurion can't get me a phone until Monday. I'm tempted to buy a cheap curve on CL to hold me over.
    06-05-09 06:29 AM
    What am I going to do I'm so lost.. Asurion can't get me a phone until Monday. I'm tempted to buy a cheap curve on CL to hold me over.
    LOL, now THAT's a BB-diction.
    06-05-09 06:50 AM
    I say dump her!
    06-05-09 06:55 AM
    When you get up and running again you might consider unloading a back up file into one of those online storage sites, you can even use agmail account, just email it to yourself.

How do you do this?????? PM ME!!!!
    06-05-09 07:00 AM
    You're definitely having some withdrawal issues, as I would be if I were in your shoes. This reminds me, my girl hates the fact that Im always in these forums. I might start hiding the storm when showering.... Just in case.
    06-05-09 07:20 AM
    You remind me of of my sister and gf who both FLUSHED their phones by mistake..Lol
    06-05-09 07:53 AM
    Paying more attention to your BB than her maybe?
    06-05-09 08:01 AM
    thats my fiances dream...to wash my storm and kill it
    06-05-09 08:02 AM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD