Purchased and installed SmrtGuard v1.51 today and initially it seemed to work ok, however in testing it this evening I noticed that any communication to/from SmrtGuard causes my EVDO connection to go from 1XEV to 1xev and subsequent data communication often fails until I get 1XEV back by rebooting or sometimes turning the radio off/on will fix it. This is repeatable 100% of the time. I sent a ticket to support but haven't heard anything back yet. I found another thread on here by AlwaysLostSomtimes at forums.crackberry.com/f61/sprint-1xev-1xev-234518/ that reported the same issue. The thread had no fix other that he uninstalled the app and it cleared. He was using an 8830 on Sprint as well. I am running 4.5.0.135. Anyone else seen this or more importantly know whats wrong / how to fix? Obviously I can't have it doing this... Any help is appreciated... thanks
    Last edited by MMBB8830; 06-04-09 at 10:12 PM.
    06-04-09 08:52 PM
    Well, for the benefit of anyone else who might be experiencing this or experiences it down the road, support didn't have any ideas what was causing the issue either. They said they would look into it but I don't expect any kind of quick fix. They indicated they weren't aware of anyone else having the issue, so I pointed them to the thread I mentioned above. At this point I've given up and will rely on password protection. Locate didn't work either due to this or yet some other issue and so I have deleted the app and the 1XEV/1xev issue is gone and I've requested a refund from mobihand.
    Last edited by MMBB8830; 06-06-09 at 09:48 PM.
    06-06-09 09:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD