We are not getting emails or calendar updates and this is the message we are getting on the server:

"Unable to send messages by email. Blackberry Manager was unable to open the default message store of the MAPI Profile used to initialize MAPI."

Does anyone know what to do to fix this?
    06-04-09 08:57 AM
    What is the profile you are using? Is the Information store on exchange mounted? You can also try restarting the services on the BES.
    06-04-09 10:24 AM
    Did anyone in your org issue a patch(s), to either the Exchange box or BES?

Make sure that cdo.dll and mapi32.dll on the Exchange server and the BES are the same versions..

Also, when opening the Blackberry Manager, are you running it as the BESadmin account?
    06-04-09 11:08 AM
    I am not the administer, but I am forwarding your responses to her. She does not know the answers to dpvone's questions.
    There were no patches.
    Here is the history. We had 2 phones on BES for about 2 years. We bought 2 new phones May 21, adding one and replacing one blackberry, and everything was fine. As of Sat monring, May 30, BES seems to have stopped recognizing any of our phones. We are getting BIS services, internet, SMS, etc. So it is just BES that is a problem. THe administrator has rebooted both the company server and the BES to no avail. She has a call in to our IT consultant but we have not heard back yet.
    06-04-09 01:05 PM
    When you upgraded the devices, did you make sure to put them back onto a BES plan? I noticed you said BIS services, but connection to a BES requires the BES plan.. might want to double check.

also, if you open the BES server config, if you do a SRP test, can you confirm that the SRP test is successful?

dvphone is referring to the mapi profile.. and the information store is your mailbox and storage group.

Also, check the permissions.. SendAs, ReceiveAs and Administer Information Store should be set and delegate down to those mailboxes.
    Last edited by sniffs; 06-04-09 at 01:25 PM.
    06-04-09 01:21 PM
    Yes, we each have the BES plan. I will tell my administrator to do the SRP test and check the permissions. THe odd thing is that it was working fine on Friday and then something happened when nobody was even here. My phone no longer recognizes my corporate email at all. I wonder if ATT could have somehow stopped the BES service?
    06-04-09 01:33 PM
    If none of the BB's are connecting in, it sounds like a BES communication issues to the RIM infrastructure.. check the SRP and make sure it is successful.
    06-04-09 01:37 PM
    Can send e-mails but cannot get e-mails since about 11:00CST....BES ?
    06-04-09 01:40 PM
    Update - we are fixed! My administer spoke directly to BB who ran through a bunch of things, including telling her to remove outlook from the computer that we use as our BES (which she did not do). He had her look at a "services" folder which I think was under my computer and she noticed that the synchronization file was marked disabled. He said this had nothing to do with the problem however, she changed it to "automatic" and now we are up and running. The question is, how did this change in the first place? This happened Sat morning when nobody was here?

Thanks for everyone's suggestions.
    06-04-09 02:29 PM
    Ah yes.. installing Outlook on the BES machine is the biggest no-no ever.

with that said, that is odd that wireless sync was set to disabled..never seen it do that automatically. :/
    06-04-09 02:37 PM
    Apparently, but why? Too many potential conflicts?
    06-04-09 03:10 PM
    Installing Outlook on the BES installs it's own version of mapi32.dll which will cause alot of syncing issues.. specifically, it will stop it.
    06-04-09 03:31 PM
    Outlook does not belong on a server, unless it's a Terminal Server, and then no 'server' apps should be on that one.
    06-04-09 03:41 PM
    We have our regular server and then we have BES which was installed on a desktop in the office. This was done by our IT consultant about 12 months ago. Until this issue, we have not had any problems.
    06-04-09 04:03 PM
    That's most likely because you had Outlook installed prior.. meaning when you installed Blackberry Enterprise Server, it overwrote the mapi32.dll that Outlook installed.
    06-04-09 04:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD