Been waiting for IM+ to fix their FB connection. Apparently this version will do it. BUT despite what their website says, it's still linking to 7.2 as well as in the CB app store. Annoying but I'm sure the link will be fixed soon

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 06:18 AM
    must we pay for this upgrade ?
    06-04-09 06:50 AM
    Directly from the app click Help, and Update. Worked for me. Do a battery-pull reset after downloading the new version. IM+ updates are always free, it says so on their website.

This is an amazing new version -- finally the native BB Profiles are integrated!!!
    Last edited by don.new; 06-04-09 at 07:48 AM.
    06-04-09 07:41 AM
    If you own IM+ all upgrades are free for life (I hear you can even transfer to a completely different mobile device). In any case I just got the upgrade via IM+ > Help > News and Updates so at least that method is working. Downloaded, installed, and rebooted. Can verify that Facebook AND Twitter are working!

06-04-09 07:42 AM
    IM+ just got even better..... yes Facebook is working again, and now with twitter, the app has everything
    06-04-09 09:50 AM
    I have IM+ for WinMo PPC. I wonder if they'll let me convert my license over.

If not, I guess I'm staying with BeeJive.
    06-04-09 10:02 AM
    I have IM+ for WinMo PPC. I wonder if they'll let me convert my license over.

If not, I guess I'm staying with BeeJive.
    Yes, they will. My original license was for my Nokia E61, just email them and give them your reg. # and tell them you would like to switch to a new device.
    06-04-09 10:09 AM
    Yes, they will. My original license was for my Nokia E61, just email them and give them your reg. # and tell them you would like to switch to a new device.
    Cool. I already sent them an email and crossed my fingers.

Jim
    06-04-09 10:17 AM
    If you own IM+ all upgrades are free for life (I hear you can even transfer to a completely different mobile device). In any case I just got the upgrade via IM+ > Help > News and Updates so at least that method is working. Downloaded, installed, and rebooted. Can verify that Facebook AND Twitter are working!

Yes. I actually emailed them to clarify this a while ago and got a reply from them:

Hello,

Thank you for contacting us.

You can register IM+ on your new BlackBerry with the same license
    code that you were using on you previous BlackBerry.

Please feel free to contact us if you need any further assistance.

Best regards,
    SHAPE Support Team

The best BlackBerry application I have ever paid for. (I did make some stupid purchases for other crap applications, though.)
    06-04-09 12:31 PM
    Whenever I log into the new IM+ version 8.0, my led blinks when I log into my accounts. There is no way to turn my blinking led off unless I reboot my device. I also keep getting requests from people I don't even know when I now log into IM+
    Anyone else having these issues?

06-04-09 03:36 PM
    Whenever I log into the new IM+ version 8.0, my led blinks when I log into my accounts. There is no way to turn my blinking led off unless I reboot my device. I also keep getting requests from people I don't even know when I now log into IM+
    Anyone else having these issues?

About the Led Issue, well I think everybody is having teh same issue, now by default, Blackberry profiles is selected, and by Default in every Profile, it is set to Blink, just like when you have a new message, only difference is that apparently it doesn't time out, so what I did to my and my friend's BB was to first went to IM+ settings and changed it back to IM+ notifications, then reset, once it boots up, I went to my profile and changed the settings to do NONE when Connects, then I went back to IM+ and set it back to BB Profiles notifications, now it's working as it should from the begining.

I haven't had the other issue though.
    06-04-09 05:00 PM
    About the Led Issue, well I think everybody is having teh same issue, now by default, Blackberry profiles is selected, and by Default in every Profile, it is set to Blink, just like when you have a new message, only difference is that apparently it doesn't time out, so what I did to my and my friend's BB was to first went to IM+ settings and changed it back to IM+ notifications, then reset, once it boots up, I went to my profile and changed the settings to do NONE when Connects, then I went back to IM+ and set it back to BB Profiles notifications, now it's working as it should from the begining.

I haven't had the other issue though.

It still blinks if I disable the connection notification when reverting back to BlackBerry profiles. I don't have this issue when set to IM+

I'm trying out both BeeJive and IM+
    Right now it's not looking good for IM+
    BeeJive resolved the Facebook phishing issue faster, and now with led notification issues with IM+
    If this keeps up, I'll be looking to purchase BeeJive instead. I realize many say IM+ is better, but I'm having a hard time with IM+
    06-04-09 05:44 PM
    To stop the requests, deselect: Allow messages from users not on your contact list.

As for the flashing LED, what's up with that?

06-04-09 05:47 PM
    It still blinks if I disable the connection notification when reverting back to BlackBerry profiles. I don't have this issue when set to IM+

I'm trying out both BeeJive and IM+
    Right now it's not looking good for IM+
    BeeJive resolved the Facebook phishing issue faster, and now with led notification issues with IM+
    If this keeps up, I'll be looking to purchase BeeJive instead. I realize many say IM+ is better, but I'm having a hard time with IM+
    I don't really know why you are still having the LED blinking, because doing it like I mentioned above took care of the blinking.

Again, just change the Notification to IM+, then reset (To stop blinking), then check your Profiles, I changed "Repeat Notifications" in IM+ - Connection, to NONE, then go back to IM+ and change the Settings back to BB Profiles, I have done it twice with a 100% success rate.
    Last edited by erasat; 06-04-09 at 05:56 PM.
    06-04-09 05:50 PM
    I don't really know why you are still having the LED blinking, because doing it like I mentioned above took care of the blinking.

Again, just change the Notification to IM+, then reset (To stop blinking), then check your Profiles, I changed "Repeat Notifications" in IM+ - Connection, to NONE, then go back to IM+ and change the Settings back to BB Profiles, I have done it twice with a 100% success rate.
    I changed "Repeat Notifications" in IM+ - Connection, to NONE

I am unable to find "Repeat Notifications"
    06-04-09 06:17 PM
    Well, I see that you have a Verizon 8330, well I can't tell you about that phone, but in my 8900, all my profiles have "Out of Holster" and "In Holster" settings, and one option ib both of them is "Repeat Notification", changing it from Led (Default) to NONE took care of the Led blinking when IM+ connects.
    06-04-09 06:24 PM
    Well, I see that you have a Verizon 8330, well I can't tell you about that phone, but in my 8900, all my profiles have "Out of Holster" and "In Holster" settings, and one option ib both of them is "Repeat Notification", changing it from Led (Default) to NONE took care of the Led blinking when IM+ connects.
    Thanks, I finally found it. That worked.
    They should address that issue. A lot of people are going to run into that issue if they use the BlackBerry profile settings instead of the IM+
    06-04-09 06:39 PM
    I updated via OTA, it works ok with old license key.
    06-04-09 09:09 PM
    i just downloaded 8.0 and my red light does not stop flashing!!!!
    i have no new messages and it is bugging the **** out of me!!!!
    06-04-09 09:21 PM
    i just downloaded 8.0 and my red light does not stop flashing!!!!
    i have no new messages and it is bugging the **** out of me!!!!
    Just follow my suggestions in my previous posts, it has been confirmed to work in 3 different phones that I have tried it.
    06-05-09 03:16 PM
    my issue is a little more than yours.
    i originally got the connect led.
    i changed my profiles and it went away.

now whenever i get an im the light dosent stop flashing. i can even completly close the app and it keeps blinking untill i do a soft reset.

it is annoying the **** out of me.
    looks like i am going to be using beejive untill this gets figured out.
    thank god i have both suscriptions, lol
    06-05-09 03:30 PM
    I sent an Support Request to IM+ Support explaining about it, I think everybody with same issue should do the same, it's the only way they will take care of this obvious bug.
    06-05-09 04:59 PM
    Have they solved the constant LED blinking issue?
    Last edited by YaBoiD; 06-13-09 at 10:47 PM.
    06-13-09 10:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD