25. You may not vote on this poll
  • Los Angeles Lakers

14 56.00%
  • Orlando Magic

12 48.00%
Multiple Choice Poll.
    Ok here we go!
    Los Angeles Lakers vs. Orlando Magic
    Who is going to take it all this year? How many games? and why?
    Last edited by gs warrior 88; 06-03-09 at 03:55 PM.
    06-03-09 03:43 PM
    :: meonders out of this room::
    06-03-09 03:53 PM
    :: meonders out of this room::
    I feel bad for you too. Lebron deserves it. I was hoping for the Cavs to make it, would of loved to see Lebron put Kobe in his place.
    Next year???
    06-03-09 03:54 PM
    I feel bad for you too. Lebron deserves it. I was hoping for the Cavs to make it, would of loved to see Lebron put Kobe in his place.
    Next year???
    :: meonders back in::

i don't watch basketball - not being rude - but i really don't care who wins

:: meonders back out:
    06-03-09 04:02 PM
    Lakers in six.

If not, seven since Kobe can literally have his arm ripped off and the refs won't even call an f'ng foul.

But if you air slap Lebron, David Stern would be out on the court serving the player with his suspension at the moment.
    06-03-09 04:02 PM
    Right now, not during the season, but right now...Orlando has the better Center, the better Point Guard and the better Small Forward.
    Rashard Lewis stands a better chance of putting Pao Gasol off his game with some tough play, can shoot and drive.
    Kobe dominates.
    The bright lights and big city might get to Orlando, but we've seen more stability from Orlando throughout the playoffs and LA has taken nights off for sure.
    If Orlando puts some pressure on LA watch for Kobe to go all "give me the ball and get out my way!" which is a recipe for disaster.
    Orlando has better shooters, LA has better control over the refs.
    Should be fun, exciting basketball with lots of action. I call it Orlando in 6.
    06-03-09 04:10 PM
    Lakers in six.

If not, seven since Kobe can literally have his arm ripped off and the refs won't even call an f'ng foul.

But if you air slap Lebron, David Stern would be out on the court serving the player with his suspension at the moment.
    I am with forever. I take Lakers in 6. Kobe will refuse to lose this one. He has a lot to prove w/out Shaq.
    06-03-09 04:12 PM
    Next year???
    Lebron deserves it? Why does he deserve it? He couldn't win the games, couldn't inspire his teamates to win the games and his team lost. He deserves to be at home watching the Dwight Howard doll and the Kobe doll!
    His bunk move of not congratulating the better team was bunk...and his post game comments were worse. He definitely deserves to be a spectator, and how fitting that he had painful oral surgery last night!
    06-03-09 04:14 PM
    I am with forever. I take Lakers in 6. Kobe will refuse to lose this one. He has a lot to prove w/out Shaq.
    Kobe has had a lot to prove without Shaq since 2004...hasn't done anything for him in all this time...what makes this year different?
    06-03-09 04:17 PM
    Kobe has had a lot to prove without Shaq since 2004...hasn't done anything for him in all this time...what makes this year different?
    Your just full of negativity today? Celtics fan?

I am just saying Lebron deserves to be at the big show because him and his team played a great season, and a good off season til they met up with Orlando. I would of loved to see a Kobe, Lebron match up. Yea he was an *** for not congratulating the other team after the game, but how would you feel if you totally dominated the season and playoffs and then lose to another team in the conference finals?? What if Lebron dominated the Magic and made it to the finals, would you think he deserved being there?? I am not taking anything away from D Howard he is a fkin beast!! He deserves it as well the rest of the team.

Yea Kobe has something to prove since shaq left, isn't that what i said?? Going to the Finals 2 years in a row is pretty good. What makes it different is that he is at the finals again with a chance to win it.
    06-03-09 05:59 PM
    Your just full of negativity today? Celtics fan?

I am just saying Lebron deserves to be at the big show because him and his team played a great season, and a good off season til they met up with Orlando. I would of loved to see a Kobe, Lebron match up. Yea he was an *** for not congratulating the other team after the game, but how would you feel if you totally dominated the season and playoffs and then lose to another team in the conference finals?? What if Lebron dominated the Magic and made it to the finals, would you think he deserved being there?? I am not taking anything away from D Howard he is a fkin beast!! He deserves it as well the rest of the team.

Yea Kobe has something to prove since shaq left, isn't that what i said?? Going to the Finals 2 years in a row is pretty good. What makes it different is that he is at the finals again with a chance to win it.
    Realism...not negativity...teams DESERVE what they get; the Cavs got beat and they get what they deserve...they get to watch a team better than them playing in the NBA finals. If the Cavs had won the eastern conference finals THEN they would DESERVE to be there...as far as how it would feel to win so many regular season games and be heaped with all the accolades the Cavs and Lebron were heaped with; yeah it would stink to lose after all that good stuff...doesn't mean it's alright to go all baby and fail to recognize and appreciate the superior team.
    Like I said, his after game comments were worse than the baby act he put on...kids look up to him and when they hear him say he doesn't see why he should shake the hands and show the respect it means there's a whole bunch of kids who will think that way too.
    Was Lebron there for all the accolades? Did he come front and center every pre-game with goofy rituals when the cameras were on him? Did he show up for post game interviews when all was good and they were winning? Heck yeah...seems a little two-faced to not be there when the times are not so good. He took the congratulations from the two teams the Cavs beat to get to the finals but couldn't pay that same respect forward? Bush league.
    You wanna bet whoever loses in the Finals congratulates the winner?
    My point with Kobe was this...he hasn't had Shaq around since 2004...what would make this year any different from the others as far as using a Shaq-less team for motivation? It hasn't worked for him yet, why would it work now? If LA does win it has more to do with Kobe having a better team around him than any inspiration he might bring from wanting to prove he can win without Shaq. It's pretty well proven over the past 20 years of the NBA that a team needs multiple great players to win...Jordan never won till he got Pippen, Ewing never won cause he never had a 'Pippen'...same with Barkley...the one player who did win without other greats was probably the first Rockets championship when it was basically Hakeem, some role players and a bag of donuts; of course no Jordan those years, right?
    FYI - I was born a Knicks fan and have adopted the Suns as well after so many years in Phoenix.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-04-09 at 05:13 AM.
    06-04-09 05:05 AM
    i voted for Orlando... plain and simple. no they are not my team, but i think that they are gonna do some damage.
    06-04-09 06:07 AM
    Once again, we'll eventually see Shaq making another rap in Miami. ** hum

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-04-09 08:57 AM
    Realism...not negativity...teams DESERVE what they get; the Cavs got beat and they get what they deserve...they get to watch a team better than them playing in the NBA finals. If the Cavs had won the eastern conference finals THEN they would DESERVE to be there...as far as how it would feel to win so many regular season games and be heaped with all the accolades the Cavs and Lebron were heaped with; yeah it would stink to lose after all that good stuff...doesn't mean it's alright to go all baby and fail to recognize and appreciate the superior team.
    Like I said, his after game comments were worse than the baby act he put on...kids look up to him and when they hear him say he doesn't see why he should shake the hands and show the respect it means there's a whole bunch of kids who will think that way too.
    Was Lebron there for all the accolades? Did he come front and center every pre-game with goofy rituals when the cameras were on him? Did he show up for post game interviews when all was good and they were winning? Heck yeah...seems a little two-faced to not be there when the times are not so good. He took the congratulations from the two teams the Cavs beat to get to the finals but couldn't pay that same respect forward? Bush league.
    You wanna bet whoever loses in the Finals congratulates the winner?
    My point with Kobe was this...he hasn't had Shaq around since 2004...what would make this year any different from the others as far as using a Shaq-less team for motivation? It hasn't worked for him yet, why would it work now? If LA does win it has more to do with Kobe having a better team around him than any inspiration he might bring from wanting to prove he can win without Shaq. It's pretty well proven over the past 20 years of the NBA that a team needs multiple great players to win...Jordan never won till he got Pippen, Ewing never won cause he never had a 'Pippen'...same with Barkley...the one player who did win without other greats was probably the first Rockets championship when it was basically Hakeem, some role players and a bag of donuts; of course no Jordan those years, right?
    FYI - I was born a Knicks fan and have adopted the Suns as well after so many years in Phoenix.
    I totally understand what your saying. What Lebron did at the post game was totally unacceptable. It made me think twice about his character.

Eiter way i am just looking for a good series. No way shape or form am i a Laker fan, heck i live in SF i hate everything LA (dodgers, angels, lakers).
    I think we should have a couple beers and talk NBA while we watch the game!
    06-04-09 02:26 PM
    Wow, 50/50 at the moment.

2-3-2 format... I'm going Lakers in 6.

And I'm a Rocket's fan. It hurts.
    06-04-09 03:30 PM
    Laker: 1
    Orlando:0
    06-05-09 02:11 AM
    Wow, 50/50 at the moment.

2-3-2 format... I'm going Lakers in 6.

And I'm a Rocket's fan. It hurts.
    The 2-3-2 format seems to favor the home team; as long as they win the first 2. LA looked good in game 1; let's see how their intensity is in game 2. Dwight had how many shots in game 1?

Posted from my Bold with a little help from my incredible awesomeness at breaking down BBall games.
    Last edited by bumblesbounce; 06-11-09 at 04:30 PM.
    06-05-09 09:45 PM
    Lakers: 2
    Magic: 0
    06-08-09 04:41 PM
    Lakers in 5! Orlando will win Tuesday (Homecourt). Go KOBE!!!
    06-08-09 04:44 PM

Los Angeles Lakers in 6.......Go Lakers
    06-09-09 03:15 PM
    I have my doubts for the Lakers in the next 2 games. As a Laker fan, I see Orlando taking 3 and four. Orlando most easily could have had Game 2 so it's not like it's an uneven series.
    06-09-09 03:26 PM
    Lakers in 6 or 7, but probably 6
    06-09-09 03:29 PM
    I had a a dream last night, that The Harlem Globetrotters swept the Lakers.

It was glorious.
    06-09-09 03:41 PM
    I had a a dream last night, that The Harlem Globetrotters swept the Lakers.

It was glorious.
    Hahaha. I bet it was. Now, was it the new "Trotters" or the old ones?
    06-09-09 04:12 PM
    Kobe got served a sweet facial by Meadowlark Lemon!
    06-09-09 04:17 PM
43 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD