Anyone ever used BestSkinsEver for their Bold? Looking to get a good screen protector, but haven't decided whether or not I'll go full body skin or not. I've seen some that hardly look you have anything on it and I've seen some that are horrible?

Any suggestions or point me in the right direction?

Thanks,
    06-03-09 12:25 PM
    I prefer zagg over bse, tried em both and the zagg just seems better to me.

I have the full body one, only downside is you have to buy a new one if you decide to change your back, bezel, or bottom cover.
    06-03-09 12:33 PM
    Cool thanks, the only difference I see is that the one on bse has skins for the sides too. Looks like Zagg only has it for the back
    06-03-09 02:57 PM
    i just received my bse for my bold the other day, i was kind of disappointed that it doesn't come with a battery cover protector.

also, i wish that the screen protector and the side/bottom piece where it says at&t on it would have been 2 separate pieces as the bottom part is kind of off center.

i would say that if you dont mind the price, the best way to protect the bold with a invisible skin would be a hybrid invisible shield/bse because the invisible shield has the skin for the battery cover, along with separate pieces for the screen and bottom, while the bse has the bezel protection
    Last edited by diablo85; 06-03-09 at 03:09 PM.
    06-03-09 03:03 PM
    Cool thanks, the only difference I see is that the one on bse has skins for the sides too. Looks like Zagg only has it for the back
    Zagg has bezel protection, its just a bunch of smaller strips.
    06-03-09 03:15 PM
    I went Zagg on the screen and a Reiko skin...the Zagg works great (I followed the instructions exactly)...and the Reiko is thicker than most skins with a ridge that extends proud of the face so you can lay the phone down on its face and the screen/keyboard won't touch. If not in the Reiko I use the factory pouch with the sleep magnet.
    06-03-09 04:54 PM
    I have a mix of the BSE/ Zagg. The Zagg had a cover for the leather back. I liked the front of the BSE better. It provided bezel covers for the front in an intuitive way and seemed to fit better in my opinion.

As long as you take your time in putting on all the pieces, and allow it to dry for at least 24 hours (blasphemy to not have your phone I know, but I promise it is worth it) it will fit very nicely and provide excellent coverage against scratches.

I had the Case Mate 2nd Skin which was great for protection (and the typing was so much faster and nicer), but it was overly bulky and I didn't like the lack of mobility for the trackball. They could have cut some of the plastic out of it and made it better.

Sorry for the hijack
    06-03-09 06:24 PM
    If you want some more detailed descriptions on applying it, let me know, I will lead you step by step. Most people don't even realize that I have a "cover" on my phone.
    06-03-09 06:25 PM
    I was looking at the picture of the BSE total body front and noticed that it is one piece. Can you cut this main piece to make just screen size and then that bottom panel like separate pieces? I don't think it looks like the 2 being connected would work all that great...
    06-03-09 06:33 PM
    For me the orange peel effect Zagg & BSE protectors give to the screen is what made me rip mine off after a week. A phone a sleek as the Bold needs to be naked.

The thought of putting plastic over that sweet leather back is shocking

However I will say they are seriously as tough as ****. I tried to mark it with a fork before I ripped it off and nothing. It all depends how you treat/use your phone, as I'm sure there are some out there who need this sort of protection.
    06-03-09 07:04 PM
    i have been using a best skins ever screen protector ever since i got my bold back in december. so far its been fantastic. it has protected the screen really well. imo, best skins ever is the real deal.
    06-03-09 09:49 PM
    I use clarivue ultra clear, no distortion whatsoever and hardly noticeable. $10 comes with 2 pieces. pretty easy to apply and no bubbles at all.
    06-03-09 10:07 PM
    Ive been using BoxWave screen protectors all my devices. Works very well!
    06-03-09 10:15 PM
    Thanks for the info everyone....appreciate it...I'll have to decide and i'll see which one makes the most sense...
    06-04-09 11:42 AM
    I just got the Bold and have never heard of any of these protectors. Can someone put up a link to the one they are talking about. Thank you and sorry for the newb'ness
    06-06-09 12:33 AM
    I've been very satisfied with BSE and highly recommend it.
    06-06-09 01:31 AM
    I love BSE. I tried the full body but it didn't work out for me. But I use the screen protector religiously.
    06-06-09 01:41 AM
    ZAGG | invisibleSHIELD | BlackBerry Bold 9000 Cases, Screen Protectors, Covers, Shields, Skins, Invisible Shield

Heres the link to Zagg..

I just got the Bold and have never heard of any of these protectors. Can someone put up a link to the one they are talking about. Thank you and sorry for the newb'ness
    06-06-09 08:56 AM
    06-06-09 10:08 AM
    Well I went with the BSE, waiting for it to ship. Ultimately, I went with the lower price point so there was less of a commitment if it just didn't work out for me. I bought both the full body and just the screen protectors. I'll see which one works best.

Just got my Bold yesterday, so hopefully I don't get some nasty hack in the screen before I put this thing on!!
    06-06-09 10:50 AM
    i hate zagg or bse screen protector. i hate the rubbery screen protector. they are so hard to attach to the screen. i prefer hard static cling screen protector. i highly recommend EXIM SPUC or clarivue. stay away from cheap 3 static cling screen protector for $9.99 from ebay. they are not perfect fit screen protectors.
    06-06-09 11:00 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD