When listening to Pandora or Slacker, and a phone call or email comes in, the radio should silence itself while the calling is coming in, then the song should continue where it was interrupted. Now, when the call ends, the song restarts from the beginning. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks
    06-02-09 05:19 PM
    what version of pandora are you using. I had the same problem with Pandora on v.1.0.2 and then I happened to check the app world and noiced that there was a v.1.0.3 so I upgraded and it seemed to take care of the starting from the beginning issue. I hope this helps.
    06-02-09 05:23 PM
    what version of pandora are you using. I had the same problem with Pandora on v.1.0.2 and then I happened to check the app world and noiced that there was a v.1.0.3 so I upgraded and it seemed to take care of the starting from the beginning issue. I hope this helps.
    Thanks for the hint. This issue was driving me crazy and sure enough,
    I was on version 1.0.2.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 05:49 PM
    Well, I spoke too soon. Songs still start over in Pandora after I receive any notifications (email, sms, bb message, etc).
    06-02-09 09:55 PM
    The only option is to turn audible alerts off when using these apps, whether they're silenced or on vibrate doesn't matter if I'm not mistaken
    06-02-09 09:56 PM
    The only option is to turn audible alerts off when using these apps, whether they're silenced or on vibrate doesn't matter if I'm not mistaken
    That is correct. The Storm and all CDMA devices on Verizon have a single audio channel limitation. They can only play one thing at a time.

06-03-09 02:12 AM
    I don't mind getting the alert. I just wish the music would pick up where it left off, not start from the beginning of the current song after the alert.
    06-03-09 06:39 AM
    I have the Tour and I have not had this issue with Pandora but even with the latest update to Slacker 2.0.27, this still occurs.
    I have not been able to find a Slacker "contact us" link to notify them of the problem but will continue to try.
    If anyone finds a corrective other than silencing the device, please post it.

KaraokeChad
    Last edited by karaokechad; 07-29-09 at 03:13 PM.
    07-29-09 03:07 PM
    I don't mind getting the alert. I just wish the music would pick up where it left off, not start from the beginning of the current song after the alert.
    Restarting is better than it was a few versions back. Originally it would just stop if an alert came in and you had to manually restart it. At least they are moving forward.
    07-29-09 03:13 PM
    I was hoping to piggy back on this thread and ask if anyone noticed a volume limitation with the newest versions of slacker and pandora? Max volume is about 50% of what it used to be.

07-29-09 10:13 PM
    I upgraded to Pandora 1.1.1 this morning and when I just got an e-mail the song continued from where it left off after the e-mail alert! Woo hoo!
    07-30-09 08:56 AM
    Which is better, Pandora or Slacker?

07-31-09 05:18 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD