When I go into my calender and press the menu button and select "Select Calendar" I have two options. Default Device and Gmail. My Gmail calender seems to be taking over. I want to make the Default Device the default calender.

The problem I have is when I go to

Options, Advanced Options, Default Services under Calendar Cical the only option I have to Gmail. How do I make default device my default calendar?
    Last edited by Jonesm; 06-02-09 at 04:01 PM.
    06-02-09 03:25 PM
    I'm not positive (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but I was under the impression that the Default Calendar selection is asking what calendar you want to sync your BB with. For example, I have the option of my Yahoo email as well as my BES email; I have my BES email account selected so it will sync with my Outlook at work.
    Last edited by RickyRoss10; 06-02-09 at 04:02 PM.
    06-02-09 03:56 PM
    The problem I'm having is my default calender has 60 items in it. My Theme shows me my up and coming calender events on my home screen. With Gmail as my default calender my theme shows me nothing basically.

Are you saying I have no choice but to DL the that Google Sync App?

I'm not positive (and someone please correct me if I'm wrong) but I was under the impression that the Default Calendar selection is asking what calendar you want to sync your BB with. For example, I have the option of my Yahoo email as well as my BES email; I have my BES email account selected so it will sync with my Outlook at work.
    06-02-09 04:11 PM
    I'm having the same issue as Jonesm... when I "Select Calendar" I have 3 options (Default Device, Facebook, and my outlook acct). Before .148, I never had this issue and never noticed a menu option for "Select Calendar". Also, I'm getting multiple events shown in calendar. I too would like to be able to select a default calendar without having to "Select Calendar" every time I open the calendar.

Any ideas? Thanx.
    Last edited by bestps; 06-02-09 at 05:15 PM.
    06-02-09 05:10 PM
    You can delete your g-mail calendar by going to options, advanced options, service books

Delete the cical item that's associated with your g-mail address. [email protected] (cical)
    06-02-09 07:58 PM
    The problems is that calendar events are supposed to be attached to an email address or else they got orphaned. This seems to accur when the facebook app is installed initially or when service books are sent. When it happened on my phone, I just deleted the entire default device calnedar and resync all of the events back onto my phone from outlook.
    06-02-09 08:26 PM
    The delete work for me. Thanks for the advice.
    06-03-09 09:36 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD