BBSAK BETA 1.5 RELEASED

This application is in the beta stages and we will continue to update as we release new versions. Just keep a watch on this thread. BB SAK was built as a JL Cmdr replacement tool with a more friendly GUI. It uses Javaloader to do its magic. I hope that you all will find it as useful as I do. Any thanks post there here in this thread. Also if you post on other sites please use the link provided here, so we can keep count of downloads.

Needed
    .NET Framework 2.0
    Blackberry Desktop Manager (for now)

Before we get into the details of v1.4 we want to thank everyone for spreading are app so quickly. We have big plans for the future of this app you can expect some big changes in the future (maybe not so near). Anyways onto the new version!

New to v1.5
    � Kill Processes Button added (if your having trouble connecting click kill processes to close (BBdevmgr.exe and RimDevManager.exe both started by desktop manager)
    � Full System Dump (Save ALL Cods on device) (Dump CODs)
    � Save button added to Read System (saves all the file names to a SystemRead.txt)
    � Save button added to Read Event Log (saves Event Log to EventLog.txt)
    � ACCURATE Progress Bar added to 3rd Party Backup
    � ACCURATE Progress Bar added to Full System Dump
    � Files now displayed as they are being saved
    � Can now Save Multiple CODs at one time
    � Error handling added when Read and Save COD button is pushed with nothing selected

New to v1.4
    We had some fun with cosmetics in this build...
    � BBSAK now has a new icon
    � AutoDetect Now changes image on BBSAK to whatever phone is connected
    � Read System now includes Version and Size (can be sorted, still working on size sorting)
    � ALX now includes version number (displays in applications menu on phone and bbdm)
    � BBSAK now closes BBDevMgr.exe and RIMDeviceManger.exe before attempting to connect (these are started by bbdm and cause issues with BBSAK)
    � Added ability to Read Event Log
    � Added ability to Clear Event Log

New to v1.3
    � Fixes bug with password protected devices
    � New way to detect device implemented MUCH MORE efficient and accurat
    � Radio is now temporarily disabled while backing up devices (turns back on when backup completed)
    � Backup now creates .alx file (allows you to install from loader.exe/desktop manager) and wont give you trouble when using desktop manager
    � Restore 3rd Party apps removed - with alx install in 1 step with loader.exe
    � Ability to Read all Apps on the Blackberry (3rd party and stock)
    � Ability to Save individual COD files (C:\Program Files\BBSAK\CODs\(App name)\cod file)
    � Ability to Remove individual COD files (THEY WILL BE LOST FOR GOOD!)
    � Ability to Load individual COD files (some require phone restarting others do not depends if app is running in background)
    � Donate button! please donate if you appreciate our hard work!

Main Features
    � Wipe Blackberry leaving a 507 error
    � Reset Blackberry to factory state removing any IT Policy
    � Take Screenshots of your Blackberry (Screenshots stored in My Pictures\BBScreenies now)
    � Auto-Detects if phone is plugged in first.
    � Displays PIN so you know your connected.
    � Will not let you do any actions until phone detected.
    � Load OS will auto delete Vendor.xml and start Loader.exe. (BBDM is needed for this)
    � Backup 3rd Party Apps*
    � Restore 3rd Party Apps**
    *Save to Program Files\BBSAK\Backup (only 1 backup at a time) Will prompt to make rename if backup already exits (click ok to see folder for name change)
    **Restore within Loader.exe

Download Link

Bugs/Suggestions

Restoring with Version v1.5

*Note this can be done during the OS install or after the OS install is complete
    Last edited by wowthatisrandom; 08-19-09 at 06:44 PM. Reason: updated
    06-02-09 03:16 PM
    Dowloaded. Will try it and post a comment as soon as I am on my computer. Thanks for the software.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 09:15 PM
    Will check out and report feedback. I like the concept so far.
    06-02-09 09:21 PM
    please let us know how it goes as well as if you have any suggestions about things we could add to the app.. we are open to suggestions
    06-02-09 09:31 PM
    please let us know how it goes as well as if you have any suggestions about things we could add to the app.. we are open to suggestions
    Do you want feedback in this thread, by PM, or email?
    06-02-09 09:32 PM
    excelent ...
    06-02-09 10:33 PM
    Worked perfect. Just wiped my phone with it.

thanks..!
    06-02-09 10:42 PM
    Do you want feedback in this thread, by PM, or email?
    feedback HERE if you dont mind thanks!

excelent ...
    Worked perfect. Just wiped my phone with it.

thanks..!
    glad it worked for you guys!!
    06-02-09 10:52 PM
    EDIT: looked more closely at the interface. Question answered.

BUT, can you create a version with a cool ASCII BlackBerry instead of a photo of a Curve? :-D

06-03-09 01:25 AM
    I have tried it and here are my observations:
    - No phone connection detect. So I don't know wherether my phone is connected with the program or not.
    - Install cod file failed. I try to install BBFilescout V0.68 over V0.58, but the old version remained and the phone did not restart as it should do.
    - It was able to wipe handheld without the phone connected. When I disconnected my phone and press Wipe command, it ran nomally without any connection error :-)
    I have tried it on 8820 latest OS 4.5.0.153.

If possible, pls add these functions:
    - System info
    - Uninstall apps
    - File manager

Thanks!

Last edited by dongxanh; 06-03-09 at 07:43 AM.
    06-03-09 07:40 AM
    I have tried it and here are my observations:
    - No phone connection detect. So I don't know wherether my phone is connected with the program or not.
    - Install cod file failed. I try to install BBFilescout V0.68 over V0.58, but the old version remained and the phone did not restart as it should do.
    - It was able to wipe handheld without the phone connected. When I disconnected my phone and press Wipe command, it ran nomally without any connection error :-)
    I have tried it on 8820 latest OS 4.5.0.153.

If possible, pls add these functions:
    - System info
    - Uninstall apps
    - File manager

Thanks!

we will look into this thanks for the info!
    06-03-09 09:41 AM
    Is anyone else having issues with the install process? Running Vista 32-bit, ran the installer...and it looked like nothing happened. Did this about 6 more times and then finally just went to Program Files to see if anything had changed. It was installed, but I would not have known if I had not went to the folder.
    06-03-09 03:48 PM
    Is anyone else having issues with the install process? Running Vista 32-bit, ran the installer...and it looked like nothing happened. Did this about 6 more times and then finally just went to Program Files to see if anything had changed. It was installed, but I would not have known if I had not went to the folder.
    Worked fine on the Vista Home 32 Bit I tested it on. Installed desktop shortcut and all. Hmm weird, I will look into this. Thanks for posting. Anyone else with the same issues?
    06-03-09 04:39 PM
    yea did the same for me, if i hadn't read this post i wouldn't of known it did installed.
    06-04-09 05:44 AM
    As far as I know, there is a alternative software that comes with the same functions as yours!

Hope it will be free or at low cost!
    06-04-09 11:13 AM
    yea did the same for me, if i hadn't read this post i wouldn't of known it did installed.
    What version of Vista? Im trying to duplicate this. Thanks!

As far as I know, there is a alternative software that comes with the same functions as yours!

Hope it will be free or at low cost!
    Really with a easier to use GUI? And what is paid software I believe all software should be free!
    06-04-09 11:43 AM
    I think this is what UnderNewbie may have been referring to:
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f35/crackutil-85617/
    06-04-09 01:08 PM
    I think this is what UnderNewbie may have been referring to:
    CrackUtil
    Doesn't look quite as simple as this application.
    06-04-09 01:13 PM
    just wanted to let you know we have been hard at work making some updates to the app we are in the testing process of the second beta and are hoping to have it to you later tonight or tomorrow... for updates follow this thread or follow us on twitter
    06-11-09 06:43 PM
    beta 1.1 released!! see post 1
    06-12-09 12:24 AM
    Good work! I'm willing to test the 2nd beta

06-12-09 12:42 AM
    Nice app!
    i tested beta 1 on my Win 7, and everything went smooth... only thing is that never told me that the wipe was done... just realized by looking my device screen.
    also would be nice, to be able to:
    *invoke loader.exe
    *delete vendor.xls.
    *erase unwanted, files from the device (wallpapers, tones, operator logos, etc)

not sure how hard that would be to implement, but it would be really cool!
    06-12-09 08:33 PM
    Nice app!
    i tested beta 1 on my Win 7, and everything went smooth... only thing is that never told me that the wipe was done... just realized by looking my device screen.
    also would be nice, to be able to:
    *invoke loader.exe
    *delete vendor.xls.
    *erase unwanted, files from the device (wallpapers, tones, operator logos, etc)

not sure how hard that would be to implement, but it would be really cool!
    The new beta using Load OS will auto-delete vendor.xml and launch loader.exe. Also the progress bar loads to 100% that means its done doing its duty. As far as erase unwanted apps, Ill look into adding it possibly into the next version. Thanks for the suggestions.
    06-12-09 08:40 PM
    Updated with Version 1.1.1 for minor fixes.
    06-16-09 02:48 PM
    Used this yesterday to wipe and reload OS on an employee's BB. Worked very clean. I have also recommended this to another user here, they had no issues with it either during a wipe and reload.
    06-16-09 02:53 PM
128 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD