Anyone having issues with poor battery performance? I recently upgraded from .75 to .148. Battery wasn't stellar before, but now, its pretty bad. I had 50% before a battery pull and I booted up with 25%...WTF? with occasional use of music player when driving and primarily text messages, I can barely last a day.

Suggestions? comments?

any would be nice.
    06-01-09 11:26 PM
    A battery pull eats up battery life. You may need to recharge after a couple of battery pulls
    06-01-09 11:29 PM
    I had the same problem, as did my son and we were told to hold down the 'balckberry button' (menu button) until the small scroll menu appears, then go into and close each application that is open. The storm runs like a computer and each application continues to run until you close it out, be sure to click the menu button then close with each webpage and application when you're finished.
    It helped us a lot!
    Good luck,
    Chel
    06-01-09 11:35 PM
    My phone dies so fast too even when im not even using it i dont know whats up with it
    06-01-09 11:45 PM
    I've had no issues with battery life.
    06-01-09 11:47 PM
    your lucky then
    06-01-09 11:49 PM
    Definately keep an eye on what's running in the background (holding down blackberry button and seeing what is running). Some of them aps, such as google maps, eat up the battery..and don't close out unless you manually exit them..Sorry if this is beating a dead horse to some, but some don't realize it more then likely.
    I've personally found .148 to be so so on battery life..I don't run many applications during the day besides Facebook. I do a good amount of emails and texts, and a few calls and internet searches throughout the day. I'd say my phone will last from 9am when I pull it off the charger till about 12am. If for some reason I use more apps during the day, the battery life significantly decreases.
    06-01-09 11:54 PM
    I had the same problem, as did my son and we were told to hold down the 'balckberry button' (menu button) until the small scroll menu appears, then go into and close each application that is open. The storm runs like a computer and each application continues to run until you close it out, be sure to click the menu button then close with each webpage and application when you're finished.
    It helped us a lot!
    Good luck,
    Chel
    wow thanks for that ... also make sure you aren't set to automatically log on to any chat programs like Yahoo etc. Close out facebook, turn off notifications for those types of programs those will also eat battery life. I found that out the hard way!

The really cool thing though (in my case) it seems like the memory leaks are solved!
    06-01-09 11:56 PM
    Let the battery drain down until the phone shuts off. This resets the memory on the battery. Fully charge it and it should work better with the new OS. The VZW web site recommends that you occasionally drain the battery all the way down.
    06-01-09 11:58 PM
    Let the battery drain down until the phone shuts off. This resets the memory on the battery. Fully charge it and it should work better with the new OS. The VZW web site recommends that you occasionally drain the battery all the way down.
    oh i didnt know that i have to try that. thanks
    06-02-09 12:01 AM
    Definately keep an eye on what's running in the background (holding down blackberry button and seeing what is running). Some of them aps, such as google maps, eat up the battery..and don't close out unless you manually exit them..Sorry if this is beating a dead horse to some, but some don't realize it more then likely.
    I've personally found .148 to be so so on battery life..I don't run many applications during the day besides Facebook. I do a good amount of emails and texts, and a few calls and internet searches throughout the day. I'd say my phone will last from 9am when I pull it off the charger till about 12am. If for some reason I use more apps during the day, the battery life significantly decreases.
    woah.. i never knew you could hold down the menu button to get to the switch application window.. that is much easier than going to the menu to get there
    06-02-09 12:05 AM
    Let the battery drain down until the phone shuts off. This resets the memory on the battery.
    lmao Last I knew Li-Ion batteries did not have "memory"
    06-02-09 12:52 AM
    If you haven't already, try turning your screen brightness down to at least 30%. That will help significantly.
    06-02-09 01:24 AM
    Since new OS, my battery life sucks. lasts about 5 hours, and no programs open, brightness at 10%. Took it to VZ they gave me new battery, but problem still here.
    Could it just be that my phone needs to get used to the update?
    06-02-09 07:06 AM
    Battery Life on mine sucks too. Before my update it would take about 4 hours of usage to drain my battery halfway. Now it's 2 hours of usage and it's down halfway. I'm going to head over to Verizon today and see if a new one will help
    06-02-09 07:45 AM
    After the update my battery life seems to be better.
    06-02-09 08:30 AM
    No Battery drain here anymore. My phone has lasted up to 1-2 days without charging and I do use to text, play games, browse the internet, and calls. as stated in couple of the previous posts make sure you close applications when your done cause they will drain battery... also do bout 2-3 actual battery pulls and give the os system 2-3 days to settle in and then you should definitely see improvement after that. Also notice everyone gets different results from upgrade from better battery life, to no memory leaks, some people complainin of worst battery life to memory leaks, from starting with 50-60 mb after battery pull, to starting with 30 or less. I 4-1 noticed great improvement with upgrade with no problems except for the 1st 3 days memory dropped from 50mb to 35mbs but after a week did actual battery pull now memory steadly at about 45mb - 50mb
    06-02-09 09:17 AM
    Lousy batt life is a known issue with the Storm. I charge mine every night. Take it off charge around 9 am. By 6-7 pm it is flashing yellow warning of low batt.

This is with very little use. If I talk or SMS then it's done by 4 PM. And no I don't have crap running in the background.
    06-02-09 10:08 AM
    give the os system 2-3 days to settle in and then you should definitely see improvement after that.
    I never really understood this. How does the battery or the OS "settle in" over a few days? I would suggest if you're seeing a drastic change in battery life, something changed on your device....like a setting, etc. Am I missing something?

I've never had a good battery life with any OS over .75. Even with a base install with no extras, all auto-updates off, etc.....battery life is less than 12 hours. To be clear, I've compared the EXACT same setup (programs, settings, etc) on .75 and new OS's. Even tried a new battery. Even let OS's "settle in" for a few days. Battery is okay on .75, not ok on all other OS's. Head scratcher for me.
    06-02-09 10:22 AM
    Upgradded to .148 on Sunday. two days in a row now my phone has gone from full charge at 7 AM to DEAD battery before lunch. WTF am I supposed to do with a device that won't work for more than 4 hours.
    06-02-09 10:26 AM
    I'm grateful to know that I am not crazy! I've been having horrible battery life since I downloaded it the other night. I went to bed with about half of the battery life and woke up to a completely dead phone. What's going on?!
    Everytime I think I've gotten over the storm's quirks and bugs, another one appears!
    06-02-09 11:24 AM
    see my signature. and i dunno where you get the idea that FB eats battery since it operates off your e-mail so it won't use any battery unless you're actively refreshing your friends list or status page (which requires you click on it).
    06-02-09 11:26 AM
    Make sure u have no more than 12 icons on the home screen and use the default theme. Everything runs smoother when your not on a special theme. I had to take mine off cuz that dumb loading icon was popping up for everything. Runs great now
    06-02-09 11:31 AM
    My battery life is crap as well. It was bad w/all the other leaks, now it's horrible w/an official release. Meh, this thing has got to go!!!!
    06-02-09 11:42 AM
    Mine died real fast and took a few days to normalize I'm all good now. I did however completely wipe my phone and reload everything

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 11:46 AM
70 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD