is making it hard for me to hold out for a Tour. I have wanted the Tour for months, but that HTC Pro 2 looks incredible. The screen is huge, and the phone slides out to reveal a Qwerty keyboard. Ugh. I hope RIM makes a Tour announcement soon. I really want to ditch my Motorola Q9c.
    06-01-09 11:19 PM
    Blackberry 5.0 vs Windows Mobile 6

Hmmm...
    06-01-09 11:36 PM
    Blackberry 5.0 vs Windows Mobile 6

Hmmm...

this is exactly what I was thinking
    06-01-09 11:58 PM
    this is exactly what I was thinking
    LOLyep me to
    06-02-09 12:00 AM
    Another device to really make me think twice about BB.
    06-02-09 12:00 AM
    Windows, ugh , just saying that word leaves a bad tast in my mouth thanks to the omnia lol, my mugul was awsome !! loved windows on that , but , im going to have to say

5.0 > w6
    06-02-09 12:01 AM
    I do have to say the hardware itself looks pretty slick..

the keyboard looks like it could be decent..

but windows mobile ughhh
    06-02-09 12:10 AM
    WinMo 6.5, kiddies.

There should be some major improvements over 6.1.
    06-02-09 12:10 AM
    WinMo 6.5, kiddies.

Exactly. Still gonna be windows but definately far removed from its previous look and feel.
    06-02-09 12:19 AM
    hey if they improve it that will be great..

They need to go away from the idea of "windows xp is good on a mobile"

the whole drop down window thing on a mobile phone is slow and tedious...

If they change that it would be a ton better.

The last win mo device I checked out was the saga..

wasn't as bad because of the trackpad but still seemed so dang clunky for a mobile phone.
    06-02-09 12:57 AM
    Windows, ugh , just saying that word leaves a bad tast in my mouth thanks to the omnia lol, my mugul was awsome !! loved windows on that , but , im going to have to say

5.0 > w6

That's funny cause I had a Mogul. The thing was pretty decent, but it was very slow. Nowhere near as responsive as the 700wx. Plus the Mogul would freeze when I used basic apps like IM+. My cousin has the Omnia, had a hard time using the net. The Youtube app sucks.
    06-02-09 01:28 AM
    hey if they improve it that will be great..

They need to go away from the idea of "windows xp is good on a mobile"

the whole drop down window thing on a mobile phone is slow and tedious...

If they change that it would be a ton better.

The last win mo device I checked out was the saga..

wasn't as bad because of the trackpad but still seemed so dang clunky for a mobile phone.
    Seriously. With the UI that it has, they need to just drop that stuff, leave that in the past with the 700P's & W's. The UI looks great so far IMO.
    06-02-09 01:30 AM
    WinMo 6.5, kiddies.

Yeah, how long have they been waiting for that? AND 7?
    06-02-09 07:04 AM
    i do really like HTC devices, and i think that the Pro2 is a great phone and i would probably go ahead and purchase it if it didnt have WM on it.

WM was great on my pocket pc (no phone) and things of that nature but for some reason the OS has a tendency to drain the battery and being it is a derivative of windows, it suffers from the same issues.

ill stick with my blackberry. i believe their os is superior
    06-02-09 10:19 AM
    I think you guys need to check out Windows Mobile 6.5.

When I got into the game of expensive phones, I originally went Windows Mobile with a Mogul and later a Touch Pro, but switched to a Berry because the freedom/customization on WinMo wasn't worth the clunkiness.

However, if you look at 6.5 they fixed a lot of that, and it gives me a lot of hope for them rolling out something great with 7 when it comes out.

I'm sticking with my Berry, but 6.5 really had me thinking when I saw the new Today screen.
    06-02-09 10:48 AM
    yeah i had hope for windows too and they crapped on my face. will NEVER go winmo again, not to say im berry till death
    06-02-09 01:46 PM
    I might take a look at windows mobile when 7 comes out. Suposedly it will have capacitive touch, if that's the case the ui will be a lot more finger friendly. Till then I'll stick with my berries.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-02-09 02:52 PM
    is making it hard for me to hold out for a Tour. I have wanted the Tour for months, but that HTC Pro 2 looks incredible. The screen is huge, and the phone slides out to reveal a Qwerty keyboard. Ugh. I hope RIM makes a Tour announcement soon. I really want to ditch my Motorola Q9c.
    I haven't read when the HTC Pro 2 is actually going to be out in VZW. If the predictions are correct, the Tour is supposed to be mid July. For me, the Tour keyboard would probably work better.
    06-02-09 03:10 PM
    I think you guys need to check out Windows Mobile 6.5.

When I got into the game of expensive phones, I originally went Windows Mobile with a Mogul and later a Touch Pro, but switched to a Berry because the freedom/customization on WinMo wasn't worth the clunkiness.

However, if you look at 6.5 they fixed a lot of that, and it gives me a lot of hope for them rolling out something great with 7 when it comes out.

I'm sticking with my Berry, but 6.5 really had me thinking when I saw the new Today screen.

if this is the case thats great. It won't make me switch to windows mobile but I definitely want to see other competitors in the same ballpark..

When the omnia came out around the same time as the storm people were talking about trading there storm for a omnia low and behold almost everyone that mentioned it returned the omnia within the first day..

keep in mind the storm os was not plush and there wasn't leaks...

it was .65 and shortly after .75

many many people complained about those os on the storm but if the omnia didn't beat those os' it go's to show just how bad it was
    06-02-09 05:26 PM
    Im with the OP that touch pro 2 is one sick looking device. Plus there are browsers that support flash! Hulu anyone?
    06-02-09 05:29 PM
    Im with the OP that touch pro 2 is one sick looking device. Plus there are browsers that support flash! Hulu anyone?

& it has Opera 9.5
    06-06-09 01:59 PM
    I had a Touch Diamond for awhile...Really liked the phone a lot...I have had a ton of WinMo dissapointments. The Touch Diamond was the first one that I really enjoyed using.
    06-06-09 02:18 PM
    I had a Touch Diamond for awhile...Really liked the phone a lot...I have had a ton of WinMo dissapointments. The Touch Diamond was the first one that I really enjoyed using.
    Touch Diamond 2 is already in the process of being made. but I don't see it releasing anytime soon being that the first one just released a few months ago. But the Touch Pro 2 is better IMO, the screen is so huge.
    06-06-09 02:21 PM
    Touch Diamond 2 is already in the process of being made. but I don't see it releasing anytime soon being that the first one just released a few months ago. But the Touch Pro 2 is better IMO, the screen is so huge.
    The first one was released nearly a year ago....The TD2 will be out by the end of 2009 I would guess

I liked my Diamond over the Pro for the size...The Diamond felt so nice in my hand/pocket

If someone offered me a Diamond for my Curve right now i'd probably trade...but I would take a Tour over any WinMo phone anyday so I'm holding out for that lol

All in all though I always end up coming back to BB
    06-06-09 02:23 PM
    The first one was released nearly a year ago....The TD2 will be out by the end of 2009 I would guess

I liked my Diamond over the Pro for the size...The Diamond felt so nice in my hand/pocket

If someone offered me a Diamond for my Curve right now i'd probably trade...but I would take a Tour over any WinMo phone anyday so I'm holding out for that lol

All in all though I always end up coming back to BB

I was referring to the VZW Diamond. I should've been more specific.

Yes, I would definetely take a Diamond over a Curve. The Tour seems to be a slightly less version of a Bold. If you get a Tour, you will still be behind AT&T users. A Tour seems to be great, but just not enough for me. I can't see myself buying a phone that is basically a lesser version of a phone that has been out for about a year(Bold). And the Pro 2 hs wifi, so that's definetely a plus over the Tour. In the future, I do look forward to buying a BB. But as of right now, Pro 2 is the best choice for me. I'm hoping it holds me off until LTE hits nationwide.
    06-06-09 02:29 PM
42 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD