So I downloaded and started the upgrade to .148 today. Got as far as through the backup and went black and my LED is flashing. I've never backed up info in Desktop Manager and don't use it too much so I'm kind of at a loss. Not even sure if I can re-install the old OS. Anyone have any ideas? When I plug it in USB-style to my PC the LED blinks for longer and it keeps connecting/disconnecting when the LED goes through it's blink. Where should I start?
    06-01-09 10:25 PM
    Hey hubris67,
    Take a big deep breath, we have all been there. Welcome to Crackberry!

First read through this FAQ INFO!!! HELP GUIDE: Upgrade/Downgrade, Backup, BRICKED STORM! Your FULL Resource!
    Then pay good attention to HOW DO I RECOVER A DEAD BLACKBERRY:

You are almost home
    06-01-09 10:40 PM
    Be patient and follow the directions provided by the links posted above. sometimes it takes a few tries to get the PC to recognize the phone. I suggest just loading the new OS when you finally connect.

Good luck, you can do it.
    06-01-09 11:05 PM
    So do i have to wipe the phone before I install the new OS or can I just go for it? Thanks for the help.
    06-01-09 11:18 PM
    If can get DM to recognize the phone and find an OS in AppLoader, then go for it. If you encounter problems again, then wipe and retry.
    06-01-09 11:28 PM
    I had the same problem with mine. I was doing the upgrade OTA though.

In desperation since I left my cable at work, I took the battery out and let it sit for about 10 minutes. When I tried again it started working fine. Just some something to try for those in a tight situation similar to yours, but without a cable.
    06-01-09 11:37 PM
    Did mine with DM on the computer without any problems. It does happen.....
    06-02-09 05:36 AM
    Upgraded mine thru the Wireless Update in the advanced options menu. Had no problems at all, and upgraded in about half an hour.
    06-02-09 05:48 AM
    Hey hubris67,
    Take a big deep breath, we have all been there. Welcome to Crackberry!

First read through this FAQ INFO!!! HELP GUIDE: Upgrade/Downgrade, Backup, BRICKED STORM! Your FULL Resource!
    Then pay good attention to HOW DO I RECOVER A DEAD BLACKBERRY:

You are almost home
    those are the links for the answers your looking for.......just pay GOOOD attention and you should be up and running again in no-time
    06-02-09 06:08 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD