For what seems like the 100th time I'm yet again having email problems. I cannot send or receive emails using BIS. The problem I always have is getting support from the provider without access to another phone.

I have

-Resent the Service Books
    -Removing battery
    -Logged into the BIS website and removed\added email account again.

Anyone have other suggestions? I get the Email Activation message from the BIS website but I get nothing after that.
    06-01-09 03:57 PM
    For what seems like the 100th time I'm yet again having email problems. I cannot send or receive emails using BIS. The problem I always have is getting support from the provider without access to another phone.

I have

-Resent the Service Books
    -Removing battery
    -Logged into the BIS website and removed\added email account again.

Anyone have other suggestions? I get the Email Activation message from the BIS website but I get nothing after that.

what email provider are you using? ie gmail, yahoo?

Also what kind of service is your device showing, IE data or just voice
    06-01-09 04:39 PM
    I am not getting mail via BIS and Gmail right now either.
    06-01-09 04:47 PM
    I thought it was just me. Perhaps they are working on the issue.
    06-01-09 05:06 PM
    There is currently a BlackBerry BIS outage. See @dataoutages on Twitter (Dataoutages.com (dataoutages) on Twitter) for info.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 05:15 PM
    yep, there's a thread about this on here as well... I was wondering what the deal was... also, I'm not able to view any sites on the browser, so it looks like pretty much all data is down...
    Last edited by elvin1983; 06-01-09 at 05:22 PM.
    06-01-09 05:18 PM
    I'm using Gmail via BIS as well which hasn't worked since Saturday. The rest of my data plan is working. My Gmail Application is working fine.
    06-01-09 05:27 PM
    Nothing for me... No web or email.
    06-01-09 05:30 PM
    Seems like my whole net on the phone is out too, resent service books, and did bat pull, so I'll just be waiting till it starts working again! :P is all good! :P
    06-01-09 05:30 PM
    Same here. Nothing is working now
    06-01-09 05:40 PM
    My default browser, which connects through RIM servers, is not working. No problems using Opera Mini.

06-01-09 05:41 PM
    My browser is now working but still no luck on the BIS.
    06-01-09 06:42 PM
    I closed all services and when reatored, it apparently forced a reconnection and now it's all good for me here in Virginia USA.

06-01-09 07:36 PM
    Been fine for me all day.
    06-01-09 08:01 PM
    I'm not on my company's BES because I use my personal BB and it's on BIS. I have our Exchange server FWDing e-mails to my @att.blackberry.net addy. Normally it's uber fast... like faster than Exchange delivery to my desktop... but this morning it was R E A L L Y S L O W. Around... 10:30 AM PST all the e-mails I hadn't yet received showed up in one big batch and since then it's been fine. I figured something was amiss, but the impact to me was minimal.
    06-01-09 08:08 PM
    I have two email accounts. one through sbcglobal and my work email which is webmail based. I can receive from both and send via my sbc, but my work email I can neither reply nor send a new email out. I've done a battery pull, sent new service books and even deleted the account at BIS with no luck. any ideas?
    06-01-09 08:52 PM
    I was having issues today as well...got this when I got home and checked email.

Some BlackBerry BIS users are experiencing data issues this afternoon.

Valued Customer,

This e-mail is to inform you of a network problem that MAY affect your Mobile Service.

Trouble Ticket Number: TT000010689570
    Severity: 2-Medium
    Description of Issue: Degradation of RIM Blackberry BIS service.
    Location of Issue: All Regions; All Markets and surrounding areas
    Start Time: Jun 01 2009 12:20 PM PDT
    Symptoms you MAY experience: RIM BlackBerry BIS customers may be unable to send/receive messages.
    Estimated time of repair: Unknown
    06-01-09 09:38 PM
    I'm back up and running, St. Louis area
    06-01-09 10:40 PM
    back up and running here to for a while now..
    06-01-09 11:10 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD