Im currently using the blackberry calendar with Google Sync. Im not big fan of the set up of this program but I dont seem to have much of a choice in the matter. Last I checked there was not an application that was much more fictional like the Palm calendar/organizer. If someone has a suggestion of a better app for the storm it would be greatly appreciated.

Until then the biggest problem i am having for the storm calendar is it keeps deleting my past appointments aprox. one week after they have passed. Is there any way to keep them on my calendar for at least a month after or preferably a whole year? I need to see what i have worked once i get my pay sheets for work to compare.. Anyone else have this problem and a fix? Let me know!

Thanks
    06-01-09 03:05 PM
    No problem here

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 03:08 PM
    No problem here

Your appointments are kept for months after they are over?
    06-01-09 03:09 PM
    From the Calendar application :

BB Button>Options>General Options>Actions: Keep Appointments: (15 Days/30 Days/60 Days/90 Days/Forever)
    06-01-09 03:12 PM
    Google sync options change keep events to 4 weeks. That's the most google sync will let you keep. The events will stay on the desktop calendar forever.

06-01-09 03:15 PM
    From the Calendar application :

BB Button>Options>General Options>Actions: Keep Appointments: (15 Days/30 Days/60 Days/90 Days/Forever)
    I did that.. And its set to it.. still deletes them aprox 7 days after.
    06-01-09 03:19 PM
    See Tifoso's post above, snotrocket; GoogleSync is limited to 4 weeks, check your settings there.
    06-01-09 03:21 PM
    See Tifoso's post above, snotrocket; GoogleSync is limited to 4 weeks, check your settings there.
    Ya i couldnt find anything in the google calender so i just deleted google sync.. see if that works.
    06-01-09 03:31 PM
    The setting would be on your BB under the options for GoogleSync, but deleting it works too

That limitation is one of the many things about GoogleSync that irk me; lack of task synchronization being another.
    06-01-09 04:03 PM
    If you want to, you can sync google calendar with outlook calendar: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    and then use DM to sync outlook to your Storm.
    This way, you can keep appointments forever (I don't see why you want to, though -- eats up app memory).
    06-01-09 04:06 PM
    Google sync options change keep events to 4 weeks. That's the most google sync will let you keep. The events will stay on the desktop calendar forever.

Go to Google Sync options and change it to 4 8 16 or 24 weeks.
    06-01-09 05:13 PM
    i don't like google sync that much. my calendar is basically birthdays...and when i create an event on the calendar i just email invite myself to add to my yahoo calendar...the one thing i like about google sync is backup of contacts. that's all good. wish i didn't need an app for OTA backup/restore contacts and calendar.
    06-08-09 05:07 PM
    If you want to, you can sync google calendar with outlook calendar: Getting started with Google Calendar Sync - Google Calendar Help
    and then use DM to sync outlook to your Storm.
    This way, you can keep appointments forever (I don't see why you want to, though -- eats up app memory).
    Or, if you don't want to pay for Microsoft Outlook, you can download Mozilla Sunbird (calendar app) or Lightning (integrated calendar/email) for free. The Google site tells how to set it up.
    06-08-09 05:57 PM
    Still deletes after aprox 7 days??? is there some sort of memory cleaning issue here?
    07-23-09 07:49 AM
    I have seen a ton of threads on this issue but no one seems to have a fix!?!?!?!?! I even called Rim support and they couldnt help me.. they want to just send me a new phone but im sure its a software issue
    07-23-09 09:01 AM
    Has no one else ever had this issue? I figured this would be an issue someone has had to resolve in the past.. Anyone out there?!??! There has to be some sort of fix. I talked to a friend with the same phone and all appointments that expired one week ago get deleted without warning. They are just gone. Except for the facebook appointments.

I have tried a bunch of operating systems with no such luck. im now running platform 186.

Can anyone shed some light on this ?????
    08-05-09 02:47 PM
    my events go all the way back to as far as i can scroll...so it's either something in your settings, or the storage (databases) created with your calendar.

try backing up your phone, doing a security wipe, then re-sync...you'll have to restore your contacts and stuff, but don't restore everything, just use DM>backup/restore>advanced and select individual modules to restore, but don't restore your calendar or any of the non-essential info. things like contacts, BBM, memopad, browser bookmarks, custom dictionary are okay, but restore as little as you can stand without losing important stuff.

then re-sync your calendar, confirm the info in the calendar and confirm the sync settings to ensure that the calendar info you're syncing with is compatible with the calendar on your phone (meaning that the info translates from one field to another, and isn't lost during they sync or put in the wrong spot or something. it happens with contacts a lot)
    08-05-09 03:27 PM
    The only time I've had issues with Google Sync is when I was using the Facebook application. The FB calendar seems to take over the phone and I would need to uninstall both FB and Google Sync and try again. I would try the suggestion by patches152, get your calendar going with sync and then try FB at your own risk.

(I should note that I've only tried the first two releases of the FB app, but I find that using the browser is good enough for me)

Good luck!
    09-10-09 01:40 PM
    the problem lies in my application memory, or the lack of.. I figured this much out. Any suggestions? please see

http://forums.crackberry.com/f86/fru...memory-321897/

Thanks guys.
    09-24-09 08:53 AM
    http://forums.crackberry.com/f132/re...ml#post3042481

This thread will solve memory issues.

09-24-09 11:57 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD