I've tried searching but couldn't really find me an answer. Anyway, my GPS doesn't seem to be working. Yes it's on. I even tried refreshing it. Any ideas?
    06-01-09 10:22 AM
    im having the same issue ...did you upgrade your OS
    06-01-09 10:29 AM
    im having the same issue ...did you upgrade your OS
    No I didn't...
    06-01-09 10:38 AM
    How doi u know whether GPS is on or not??

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:16 PM
    you need a clear view of the sky for GPS to pick up the satellites. Try your GPS outside.

To know if GPS is On or not, go to Options > Advanced Options > GPS > GPS Services = Location On.
    06-01-09 12:31 PM
    Thanx!! I feel kinda dumb lol!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:38 PM
    Actually I just remembered I was on a wifi connection. That must be why?
    06-01-09 12:49 PM
    Actually I just remembered I was on a wifi connection. That must be why?
    WiFi should have nothing to do with it. The GPS is a chip in your phone that detects the satellites. There is Location Adding, that ALSO uses your cell towers to HELP detect your position, but the GPS is a real GPS receiver that needs a clear view of the sky to acquire the satellites.
    06-01-09 01:15 PM
    WiFi should have nothing to do with it. The GPS is a chip in your phone that detects the satellites. There is Location Adding, that ALSO uses your cell towers to HELP detect your position, but the GPS is a real GPS receiver that needs a clear view of the sky to acquire the satellites.
    Where is the GPS sensor located on the 8900? I've noticed that if I am sitting in a room with a lot of windows and the 8900 is pointed in the directions of the windows, it will pick up the GPS. But, if I turn sideways it will lose the GPS. But, I'm not sure exactly where the sensor is.
    06-03-09 09:56 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD