is there a way to have the clock displayed while in locked screen mode? i'm talking about the large clock. or would this be controlled by the theme?
    Menna.66 and dutt007 like this.
    06-01-09 04:30 AM
    The app below will auto-lock your BB, but you will still need to manually activate your clock...

Keyboard lock utility for BlackBerry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    i dont think there is a way. if you were able to keep it on, it would drain your battery since the screen dims after a set amout of time.... unless you have it set on.
    06-01-09 07:03 AM
    i turn on the clock and leave it that way while in the holster. it does dim after a moment. when i pull it out of the holster, i just hit any key and it lights up big and bright for my old eyes. i really don't notice my battery severely drained at the end of the day, but i'm sure it does have some effect.

sometimes i want the screen locked, that's why i'd like to be able to lock the screen while the clock app is running. ( i assume it's an app)
    06-01-09 09:34 AM
    if you lock the BB it goes to the lock screen. there is no app to change that. it is hard coded into the OS. sorry.
    06-01-09 09:57 AM
    The app below will auto-lock your BB, but you will still need to manually activate your clock...

Keyboard lock utility for BlackBerry - Personal Productivity BlackBerry Apps - Crackberry BlackBerry Software Store
    06-01-09 10:13 AM

just downloaded and installed... where can you set it to show the clock? all it does is what the BB already does. lock the BB after a set time.
    06-01-09 10:28 AM
    My BB didn't lock after a set time. Can someone tell me where that setting is? I had to use the above app.

As for activating your clock, as stated above, you will still have to do that manually.
    06-01-09 11:14 AM
    My BB didn't lock after a set time. Can someone tell me where that setting is? I had to use the above app.
    menu
    options
    password

set your password
    enable it
    timeout... 1, 2 ,5, 10, 15, 20, 30 minutes, 1 hour <~~~~ time it takes to lock when idle

As for activating your clock, as stated above, you will still have to do that manually.
    how do you set the clock to show on the lock screen, with or without the app? that was the OP question.
    06-01-09 11:29 AM
    sometimes i want the screen locked, that's why i'd like to be able to lock the screen while the clock app is running. ( i assume it's an app)
    I was trying to be helpful in regards to the above statement. My apologies for apparently reading it incorrectly.

Using your steps above requires a password (right?). Using the app I linked to simple requires using *+talk (faster unlock).

However, it appears I have gone off subject, so I will stop here.
    06-01-09 12:54 PM
    yes my way does require a PW... and its all good, you did not leave the subject of the OP. no worries.
    06-01-09 12:57 PM
    thanks for the replies. apparently it's not possible. no biggie. just thought i'd ask.
    06-01-09 05:18 PM
    08-21-14 08:11 PM
    I think by now that user is loooong past his Curve 8530i lol

Posted via CB10
    08-21-14 08:54 PM