does anyone know of any programs out there to make VOIP calls (similar to skype) on your phone? I would like to be able to call my skype contacts on my phone via VOIP. thx
    03-14-08 01:37 AM
    VOIP for your cell? there are tons! Google it, you'll see what I mean
    03-14-08 03:13 AM
    BB xeeta is such provider which is free of cost
    xeeta dot com is the site address
    03-25-08 01:53 PM
    BB xeeta is such provider which is free of cost
    xeeta dot com is the site address
    this seems to be in development..... by the way, what is gizmo5? I downloaded it on my phone but it seems to be nothing short of another pay program and not a free voip.
    03-25-08 10:53 PM
    Hi i am doing beta testing for xeeta and its launching soon stay connected and keep checking and i will post the updates
    it offers voip with sip and you could use existing sip accounts over that.

Cheers

Daniel
    Beta Tester - Xeeta.com
    Last edited by hackbyte; 03-27-08 at 12:00 PM.
    03-27-08 11:53 AM
    how is this program going to work? Will you be able to call people who are logged onto skype on their computer from your phone? Will you be able to call any local or cell numbers from it? what are the specific details on how this program is going to work. thx.
    03-27-08 12:52 PM
    As the program works on SIP protocol so it would be able to call any other SIP client whether Software or hardware phone.
    I am not sure about the first release but its really exciting piece of software what i have seen till now and plenty of new features to come.
    03-27-08 01:29 PM
    Can the general public get in on the beta test for xeeta?
    03-27-08 01:33 PM
    I am not sure for this first phase of testing but for next round definitely.
    thnx for showing your interest, will definitely ask the xeeta guys about it.
    03-27-08 01:37 PM
    from what I gather from this, you will basically be able to make free calls anywhere while using simply your data? This would seem to make a huge impact on cellphone companies especially if this piece of software is open source or offered free.
    03-27-08 02:23 PM
    Any updates on the xeeta program?
    08-01-08 08:56 PM
    Hi i am doing beta testing for xeeta and its launching soon stay connected and keep checking and i will post the updates
    it offers voip with sip and you could use existing sip accounts over that.

Cheers

Daniel
    Beta Tester - Xeeta.com
    Daniel, thanks for the heads up. As soon as a sip client is available for the Bold, it will be a definite breakthrough. I have been looking into this for the longest time and have found nothing. Now at least there is hope. The BB with wifi and sip would be the ultimate device.

Keep me posted please and if more beta testing is required, i would volunteer.

Bill
    10-30-08 10:32 AM
    Dear Daniel:
    Do you know how can I be a xeeta betatester? Can recomend me to xeeta team or give me a contact to ask by myself it would be much apreciated. Thanks in advance.

Regards,
    Juan Pablo
    05-19-09 03:38 PM
    What ever happened to this project?

Is it still in development? Do we have anything similar in production? I'm definately willing to pay for it.

Thanks!!
    08-04-09 04:56 PM
    Ditto here would love an update ! I see the website is still listed as comming soon.
    11-14-09 10:09 PM
    I ahve emailed xeeta 3 times, aug 12th 2009, nov 14th 2009 and today. No reply from any of them (mind you the today one was just sent)

I fear the project may be dead. Anyone hear of anything as far as SIP for the blackberry smartphone is concerned ? It's not that I don't like my Nokia E71, but I just love my bold 9700 much more !!!!!
    12-19-09 10:44 PM
    This xeeta beta testing talk has been posted almost 2 years, who would believe it.
    01-22-10 10:18 AM
    @TenOfZero: we have a SIP VoIP client at shop.fgmicrotec.com. It's not free but works. And you can try it out for 14 days.
    12-07-10 04:39 AM
    i am using a app called starTalk you can download direct from you blackberry handset

Download free VoIP apps stardextalk.com/mobileapps.html

Register your sip account sip.stardextalk.com/OnlineShop

I need to set the APN setting for my netowrk they can be found on there web site
    01-10-12 08:55 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD