06-01-09 12:23 AM
    Downloaded and installing right now. Ah!
    06-01-09 12:28 AM
    Is it any good? Thoughts/comparisons to .206?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:32 AM
    Anyone who installs it please post a screenshot of your "About" screen for me please. If one gets posted, then of course others don't need to
    06-01-09 12:37 AM
    Anyone who installs it please post a screenshot of your "About" screen for me please. If one gets posted, then of course others don't need to
    Here ya go.
    06-01-09 12:48 AM
    Here ya go.
    Much love, thanks!
    06-01-09 12:58 AM
    I see this is the East Asia version.... no greek characters or proper greek pages display in browser... damn this is not for me (I had tried .231 EastAsian , and I think this would be no different)
    06-01-09 01:27 AM
    woo hoo! im going for it!! =]
    06-01-09 01:29 AM
    I see this is the East Asia version.... no greek characters or proper greek pages display in browser... damn this is not for me (I had tried .231 EastAsian , and I think this would be no different)
    And so no other European language?
    06-01-09 01:39 AM
    Thanks Garz.......my 8900 is running as flawless as ever i don't even feel the need to upgrade....that's saying lot because i'm an upgrade junkie.
    06-01-09 01:41 AM
    Ah.. a new one, eh? Wohoo! Downloading
    06-01-09 01:41 AM
    I'm on it....We shall see what this one is like. OS .239 has been pretty sweet except for the UMA to EDGE handoff. When I leave the house in the morning, halfway drive down the street it goes from UMA to sos....then to EDGE. If I was on a call, it would've dropped my call. So, we'll see....
    06-01-09 01:55 AM
    Whoever has this downloaded if they would let us know if there are any new features.
    06-01-09 02:05 AM
    Whoever has this downloaded if they would let us know if there are any new features.
    NEW features? Mmm... I don't think that'll appear that high in the OS Builds. Plus it's a phone! Call, Message, play music sometimes, etc.... hehe
    06-01-09 02:24 AM
    Finally, another OS! Awful big jump between versions, though. Curious to see how stable it is and what improvements have been made.

06-01-09 02:25 AM
    well I got it installed no errors so far so good .. more news later on tomorrow
    seems clean and zippy all my apps work, and the memory free seems the same as 231 ...

track ball seems faster or more intuitive as if it works better or something
    weird.
    06-01-09 02:35 AM
    Im bout to download right now...
    06-01-09 02:37 AM
    Might be a coincidence but my edge is gone. I've been on gsm since the phone rebooted. Did a battery pull and still on gsm. I guess I'll let it sort itself out.

06-01-09 03:25 AM
    Perhaps it's a combination of some of the apps I have installed on this, but with this build I get an error when I try to refresh (or re-add) the MyFaves interface.

Uncaught exception: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException

Only one of four icons even shows up and it just says "Loading MyFaves" underneath. Just plain doesn't work.
    06-01-09 03:26 AM
    Back in business. EDGE is working. Haven't noticed anything new though. Will post findings tomorrow.

06-01-09 03:40 AM
    Back in business. EDGE is working. Haven't noticed anything new though. Will post findings tomorrow.

Yep, sometimes you just have to wait for couple of minutes before its back ol after the update, or you may want to check your date and time in your bb. It happens to me all the time after the updating process.

Now, just updating to .250. It tooks 40 minutes for the backup, installation and restoring all the data. Just caught one notification that doc to go pref can't be restored and when running setup, there is message for uncaught exception for pointer null bla..bla..bla..

I don't see any much difference from .239:
    The browser speed is more faster but it's hard to notice coz by second only,
    free memory remains the same as previous..after one batt pull, it only raise by 5mb only.
    Loading time improving, tooks 2m30s compare to the previous over than 3m
    Battery - not know yet, will update tommorow.
    2nd uncaught exception again with minimoni apps.

Probably, more stable to use .239 or .231.. but i will keep this version for few days, let see how it goes along...
    Last edited by bonafp; 06-01-09 at 06:34 AM. Reason: Update status
    06-01-09 04:14 AM
    downloading now
    06-01-09 05:34 AM
    Installed no problem, all apps working (the ones I checked so far), viigo, berry weather, berrybuzz, etc. Battery strength too early to tell. Overall, very snappy and fast.
    06-01-09 05:55 AM
    well I got it installed no errors so far so good .. more news later on tomorrow
    seems clean and zippy all my apps work, and the memory free seems the same as 231 ...

track ball seems faster or more intuitive as if it works better or something
    weird.
    Yep, im getting that trackball feel as well. Seems like a really fast OS overall, all applications are opening up super fast.
    06-01-09 05:59 AM
    Can someone pleeeeeease upload to megaupload!! i can never get a download from Rapid Share to work
    06-01-09 06:01 AM
191 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD