After doing the upgrade and doing the enterprise activation, I lost all 3rd party apps and blackberry messenger. I am unable to find these applications in the DM. I uninstalled and reinstalled the DM from the Verizon website and still do not see the bb messenger. I cannot find any site to download either. Would appreciate any help.
    05-31-09 10:53 PM
    try using the app loader via:

c:\program files\common files\research in motion\apploader\loader.exe
    05-31-09 10:56 PM
    Try resending your service books. Does it reappear?

Also, from the main screen, try hitting the blackberry button and looking for "show all" to see if it is hidden.

It *is* possible the enterprise activation is set to only allow certain programs and services through, so you may wanna check with your IT department as well.
    05-31-09 10:56 PM
    I tried resending the service books with no luck. I also went to the apploader and do not see any of the previous apps listed. The only ones I see are the ones I just reloaded myself after the upgrade. Tried the show all option also.

I did not have problems when I went from .75 to .113 with enterprise activation.

Is there a way to download the BB messenger separately? Cannot seem to find a way to do that.

Should I downgrade to .75 again?
    05-31-09 11:09 PM
    And I had backed everything up. Most stuff is back, except for some basic apps like BB Maps, Messenger, Password Keeper, etc... I am frustrated with this update as I really use these RIM Apps!

Anyone can help?
    05-31-09 11:35 PM
    go to application loader and check the box beside bb messenger, and then hit next and it will load it, i had the same problem.
    05-31-09 11:38 PM
    I have my BB Messenger, BUT....im not receiving any messages. I keep getting phone calls from people asking why im not responding to messages. When I go to the messenger, i cant see anyones status message either
    05-31-09 11:41 PM
    go to application loader and check the box beside bb messenger, and then hit next and it will load it, i had the same problem.
    It is not showing on App Loader
    05-31-09 11:41 PM
    Yep.. i'm most definitely waiting to upgrade my OS. I'll just have to stick with Bell's .122 for now
    05-31-09 11:44 PM
    try downloading desktop manager again then try
    05-31-09 11:47 PM
    glad im not the only one having BBM issues on this damn thing
    05-31-09 11:48 PM
    I have my BB Messenger, BUT....im not receiving any messages. I keep getting phone calls from people asking why im not responding to messages. When I go to the messenger, i cant see anyones status message either
    you have to redo all your contacts and put all their pins in and send them request again, I also had to do this because I forgot to back-up my phone. But if you backed it up you can go to restore and you should get them back.
    05-31-09 11:49 PM
    It finally showed up again when I updated my app loader. Installing now - hopefully it will work!
    05-31-09 11:52 PM
    you have to redo all your contacts and put all their pins in and send them request again, I also had to do this because I forgot to back-up my phone. But if you backed it up you can go to restore and you should get them back.
    I've been using BB's since the BB 7520 dropped years ago, on Nextel, and I've NEVER restored anything! How do I go about restoring JUST the BBM?
    06-01-09 12:01 AM
    I had initially used the DM to upgrade. This is when all this happened. I could not see a lot of my applications in the loader. Tried upgrading the DM with no luck.

Finally, I downloaded the .148 again and reinstalled it from scratch using the loader. That worked. I have the BB messenger and my other apps back!!

I can finally go to bed.
    06-01-09 12:06 AM
    You'll have to un install then reinstall .148 again. Or if its in dm just load that and click the box for bb messenger.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 12:13 AM
    I've been using BB's since the BB 7520 dropped years ago, on Nextel, and I've NEVER restored anything! How do I go about restoring JUST the BBM?
    did you lose all your bb messenger contacts or are they still there but they just arent getting any of your messages and you arent receiving theirs?
    06-01-09 12:13 AM
    did you lose all your bb messenger contacts or are they still there but they just arent getting any of your messages and you arent receiving theirs?
    I still have all my contacts. Im just not getting any messages, nor are they receiving mine....and no status messages are showing up
    Last edited by Jordyn828; 06-01-09 at 12:25 AM. Reason: typo
    06-01-09 12:20 AM
    I still have all my contacts. Im just not getting any messages, not are they receiving mine
    Ohhh sorry I thought you lost your contacts. I dk what to do about that but maybe try a batt pull or resend your service books or something.
    06-01-09 12:24 AM
    Yeah, ive done like 5 battery pulls lol and still nothing. I appreciate the help though people, for real.
    06-01-09 12:31 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD