Hi Community!

Below I'd like to share with you my first impressions/review of the Black Bezel w/buttons and Bottom cover from Ebay seller Pmonmon.

I would like to start with pictures of how you receive the product and what you get in the box. All pictured below:
    Included: Bezel, buttons, bottom cover, mesh installed on top speaker port.

Last edited by azboricua; 05-31-09 at 09:13 PM.
    05-31-09 08:54 PM
    Now lets get down to business. This Bezel is a PAINTED OEM Bezel therefore there WILL be imperfections to some level. Let's see what we have:

05-31-09 08:54 PM
    Now that we see the imperfections lets install it and see how many of them are visible once installed:

Now that the Bezel is installed lets talk job quality. Fitment was great, zero difference from installing an OEM Bezel other than the fact that you have to be careful with your screw driver or any other sharp object around this Bezel. Keep in mind, its painted. The paint did not create any wobble or fitment issues with the buttons or other parts. Overall worth the money, Can it be better yes, for $25 is it worth it, YES. With all this said, I will let you admire the pictures and let you be the judge of spending your money or not. I hope everyone enjoys this and finds it helpful in making your decision. Please make sure to read my disclaimer below as it explains A LOT.

DISCLAIMER: I am a VERY picky SOB who likes to review products and picture exactly what my eyes see. That way I can portray to the reader EXACTLY what they will get when they order the product. Some say being picky is bad, I say "your shirt has a stain".
    05-31-09 08:55 PM
    looks nice
    05-31-09 09:33 PM
    How does "Pmonmon"'s bezels compare to CNN.cn's?
    05-31-09 09:50 PM
    Looks good. Excellent review!
    05-31-09 09:54 PM
    How does "Pmonmon"'s bezels compare to CNN.cn's?
    Unfortunately that is a question that will have to be answered by someone who has one from CNN, I don't and therefore cant compare the 2. But i think with my quality of pictures someone who does have one from CNN can do a fair comparison.
    05-31-09 09:58 PM
    Thanks for the nice review.
    05-31-09 10:31 PM
    looks great i want an all black storm
    06-01-09 04:18 AM
    I actually ordered this the other day. Not sure If I like it though. The bezel has more of a matte black look instead of glossy.
    06-01-09 04:20 AM
    how long did it take to ship?
    06-01-09 07:39 AM
    I really appreciate the review I've been debating on ordering everything separate or something like this and I think you have helped the decision. Many thanks bro!
    06-01-09 07:47 AM
    how long did it take to ship?
    It took 3 days to get to me. He ships from NY and i'm in AZ. He ships USPS.
    06-01-09 07:59 AM
    how do you feel about over all quality?
    06-01-09 08:23 AM
    how do you feel about over all quality?
    Well I made this thread as a "first impressions/unboxing" because I just installed it yesterday. Later in the week ill be able to judge a little better, so far so good but who knows what will happen. I'll be reporting back with a usage review. As for overall quality based on initial installation, I'd have to say it is about a 9/10 only because of the imperfections. Honestly they are not an eye sore because the finish is matte and therefore hides them. A polished finish would be a different story.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    06-01-09 10:25 AM
    Well I made this thread as a "first impressions/unboxing" because I just installed it yesterday. Later in the week ill be able to judge a little better, so far so good but who knows what will happen. I'll be reporting back with a usage review. As for overall quality based on initial installation, I'd have to say it is about a 9/10 only because of the imperfections. Honestly they are not an eye sore because the finish is matte and therefore hides them. A polished finish would be a different story.

I got one of these a little while back, looks pretty HOT! but i switched mine out for the silver buttons.

Sicne then i've droped the phone a few times, and its nick and scratched, but its black all the way through rather then painted so it wears a lot better then the "chrome" OEM.

Pretty happy with it, changing the buttons was a pain.
    06-01-09 12:12 PM
    I got one of these a little while back, looks pretty HOT! but i switched mine out for the silver buttons.

Sicne then i've droped the phone a few times, and its nick and scratched, but its black all the way through rather then painted so it wears a lot better then the "chrome" OEM.

Pretty happy with it, changing the buttons was a pain.
    Was your bezel from CNN or from Pmonmon on Ebay? Just make sure I understand.
    06-01-09 12:52 PM
    Just ordered from the same guy. Cant wait to get my bezel!!
    06-01-09 01:57 PM
    Just ordered from the same guy. Cant wait to get my bezel!!
    Make sure to come back and share your thoughts.
    06-01-09 04:08 PM
    do you have any pictures of the imperfections after installation?
    06-03-09 05:38 PM
    Ive ordered 4 black bezels from cnn ad not one has had any imprefections. I understand that the silver bezels that come on the bold are painted silver. the black oem ones from cnn arent painted silver and that is the actual color.
    06-03-09 08:04 PM
    I ordered a bezel from pmonmon and it was perfect. I would have returned mine had it looked like that out of the box. He seems like a guy who stands behind his product so I'd ask for a replacement.

06-03-09 08:25 PM
    do you have any pictures of the imperfections after installation?
    No need, only one is actually visible (top right corner near volume rocker switch). All other are hidden.

I ordered a bezel from pmonmon and it was perfect. I would have returned mine had it looked like that out of the box. He seems like a guy who stands behind his product so I'd ask for a replacement.

I'm going to be getting in touch with him today actually.
    06-03-09 10:37 PM
    just ordered one from him earlier today, thanks
    06-03-09 10:42 PM
    No need, only one is actually visible (top right corner near volume rocker switch). All other are hidden.

I'm going to be getting in touch with him today actually.

Let us know what he says if you don't mind
    06-04-09 05:27 PM
39 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD