Ok so i wanted to use google maps with my gps instead of BB maps. So i uninstalled BB maps now my GPS is gone. How do i get it back?
    05-31-09 08:30 PM
    Ok so i wanted to use google maps with my gps instead of BB maps. So i uninstalled BB maps now my GPS is gone. How do i get it back?
    Did you install Google Maps? Have you checked under Options>Advanced Options>GPS and refresh from the menu?
    05-31-09 08:34 PM
    I think I read somewhere that you have to keep the BB maps installed for GPS to function, not sure though

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 09:08 PM

Use Desktop Manager. It should be on the options list. Check it, and through DM let it install and reboot your device.
    05-31-09 09:17 PM
    I think I read somewhere that you have to keep the BB maps installed for GPS to function, not sure though

Nope, BB Maps is not required.
    05-31-09 09:30 PM
    05-31-09 09:31 PM
    Options > advanced options > maps > blackberry maps NA

I think he deleted the blackberry maps NA. I maybe wrong though.

Go to DM and go to app loader and I believe there should be an option to reinstall whatever you deleted.

05-31-09 11:28 PM
    go to options...select>advanced options...select>gps...top item in menu list is GPS Data Source>select Device GPS...second item in menu list is GPS Services>select Location On
    give it a few minutes to ping and it should come back?
    05-31-09 11:34 PM
    i used the DM and reinstalled BBmaps now its back but i dunno how to change it to use google maps with my gps
    05-31-09 11:41 PM
    Just start up google maps and go to "My location". No need to change any options in the options menu of the phone.

Make sure you are outside when the app is getting a gps fix from the satelites.

05-31-09 11:48 PM
    thanks alot
    06-01-09 12:16 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD