Just "upgraded" from my 8120 Pearl, to the 8220 Pearl Flip... and the internet moves at a crawl. I mean, honestly- this little timer comes up and the phone kind of locks up until the site is completely done loading. Is there ANYTHING that can be done about this? I don't expect lightening speed, but this thing is painfully slow, and I can't deal with it.

Was I better off with the 8120? Or is there an update I'm missing? I have v4.6.0.180 (Platform 4.1.0.61)- whatever that means. Is there something I should do? Is there anything I *can* do?

Any help is appreciated. I have T-Mobile, by the way. Thank you.
    05-31-09 04:51 PM
    Welcome to CrackBerry!

I believe the sticky at the top of the 8220/8230 thread has the latest OS update for your phone, and I also believe it is better than the .180.

Here it is -> http://forums.crackberry.com/f85/new...nguage-224421/

I have the 8230 (CDMA) so I really can't help you on that. See if anyone else had had better luck witht the new update.

Read the posts that are in it and see if anyone has had the same issues as you have.

Sorry I cannot be of better assistance to you.

msblueline
    Last edited by msbluelline; 05-31-09 at 05:14 PM.
    05-31-09 05:11 PM
    You NEED to upgrade your firmware, no question. Mine was the same pre-upgrade(s).

Go to here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f3/prop...ocedure-53359/

It'll tell you how to upgrade your firmware.
    05-31-09 08:17 PM
    Ok aside of updating the Os you can try other browsers like bolt and or opera mini since the default browser is slow compared to the once mentioned. I tend to favor opera but been using bolt more lately forcompatibility with a few scripts where opera mini falls short. Hope this helps a bit with the speed issue

DK
    05-31-09 08:24 PM
    I agree with DemonKnight here - the default browser is the issue.

Terrible, absolutely glacial behaviour (as you have noted) with this browser and a recent OS upgrade (.267 from .179) did nothing for me there.
    I use Opera - tried Bolt and wasn't overly thrilled - though the drawback to both is that neither recognise SureType in the Address bar and that's a pain.
    06-01-09 06:43 AM
    Actually if you press ALT SYM in the address bar it takes you to a popup where you can use sure type
    06-01-09 09:25 AM
    This advice has worked wonders!! Thank you all.
    06-12-09 07:14 AM
    This advice has worked wonders!! Thank you all.
    glad to help
    06-12-09 10:38 AM
    I have the 8230 (CDMA) so I really can't help you on that. See if anyone else had had better luck witht the new update.
    Does your GPS work with Google Maps?
    06-12-09 08:15 PM
    Just "upgraded" from my 8120 Pearl, to the 8220 Pearl Flip... and the internet moves at a crawl. I mean, honestly- this little timer comes up and the phone kind of locks up until the site is completely done loading. Is there ANYTHING that can be done about this? I don't expect lightening speed, but this thing is painfully slow, and I can't deal with it.

Was I better off with the 8120? Or is there an update I'm missing? I have v4.6.0.180 (Platform 4.1.0.61)- whatever that means. Is there something I should do? Is there anything I *can* do?

Any help is appreciated. I have T-Mobile, by the way. Thank you.
    I'm loving the new Beta 4.6.0.278 East Asia OS. Just remember to delete the my fav 5 .cod file prior to install or else your BB will lock up when receiving SMS texts, also don't forget to delete vendor.xml. There are a bunch of posts on the subject. I also have Tmobile....don't worry, your fav 5 calls will still be free, just the icon will be deleted.

This should help you a bunch Almighty.... Good luck!!
    06-12-09 08:45 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD