Is it positive that .148 will be available ota. I need it to be because I lost my cable. And also currently I am running .113. Will the people at verizon check my about screen? If they do and see I am running a leak will they do anything?
    05-31-09 01:03 PM
    Is it positive that .148 will be available ota. I need it to be because I lost my cable. And also currently I am running .113. Will the people at verizon check my about screen? If they do and see I am running a leak will they do anything?
    Do some reading in the OS section of the forum here. The OTA for the upgrade will be available at 10pm EST time tonight.
    05-31-09 01:04 PM
    Technically you're not supposed to install leaked OS on your phone, but I've never heard of VZW actually checking and refusing to help someone because they're running a leaked OS. It won't matter after tonight because once .148 releases, you'll be running the official anyway.
    05-31-09 01:08 PM
    Micro-USB cables are rather inexpensive.
    You can easily find some on eBay:

Micro-USB, Cell Phones PDAs, Computers Networking items on eBay.com

Even if they are listed for other devices, a micro-usb cable is a micro-usb cable.
    05-31-09 01:08 PM
    if your running non verizon os currently I would recommend that you get a data cable (as stated they are rather cheap on ebay) and do it manually. The vzw rep would not check the about screen but the server that verify's the app currently on the device may have an issue with a missing vendor file to id you as a customer. Course it should work but just preparing you for the worst.
    05-31-09 01:19 PM
    Do some reading in the OS section of the forum here. The OTA for the upgrade will be available at 10pm EST time tonight.
    the only person to really answer his questions

Yes, at 10pm tonight, you will be able to OTA upgrade
    05-31-09 01:48 PM
    hey guys . what will happen if i dont back up my storm before installing the new update? will i loss all my numbers, pics, tones, etc. please help fast
    05-31-09 09:21 PM
    the only person to really answer his questions

Yes, at 10pm tonight, you will be able to OTA upgrade
    then why is it that so many of us have not had the OTA available and it's 1046 EST???
    05-31-09 09:46 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD