Hi all, as the title says, I love listening to the Howard Stern Show. Not only for its raw un-filtered humor, but also for his ability to make any "big" celebrity that he interviews human...the guy is amazing. I have Sirius Satellite receivers in both of my cars and in my house. I wish I could get **** on my Storm wait I didn't mean ge ****, I meant get IT....and by "it" of course I mean the Howard Stern Show on Sirius Satellite Radio.
    Any third party apps out there?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 11:46 AM
    whats a mancow? anyway, I love stern too. Looking into a program called orb and one called usirius for your pc.... I've heard that usirius is no longer available though? I have it and it still works... anyway, you would have to keep your home pc on for this to work, it basically acts as a server and resends the content to your phone via a mobile website through orb. Try a search, there are much better instructions than mine....STERN RULES......what the &*()(* is mancow. how embarrassing lol
    05-31-09 12:27 PM
    Jason Ellis @3pm on Factoion 28. That guy cracks me up.

I can stream Sirius on my WM phone, why not BB!
    05-31-09 12:43 PM
    Anyhow, i use to use uSirius/Orb on my PC to stream to phone and it worked pretty well, havent used it for a long while though because if im out and about im usually in car and if im in car well then i have the sirius receiver on, so no need to use it on phone BUT i understand what ya mean and would also like a nice easy app to stream it rather then through the PC.

Lets hope they come out with one, i could bet money it wont be free though, just like them upping the price on sirius.

Oh and Stern is live monday through thursday, obviously the guy who wrote that doesnt listen. Jealousy is what it is.... I to would like fridays off but hey i didnt do what i should of i guess... :P
    05-31-09 02:03 PM
    Please keep this thread on topic. No need to debate morning men. The OP wants to know how to stream Stern on his BlackBerry.
    05-31-09 03:29 PM
    You can use ORB to stream all sirius stations but you will also need usirius

05-31-09 03:47 PM
    I don't know where to get "usirius" from but here are the directions on what to do after you get it.

1. Download/install Orb to your desktop computer.

2. Download/install uSirius to your desktop

3. Configure both to normal settings

4. In uSirius, copy the supplied channel URL (click the URL button then select the channel you want, then copy to clipboard).

5. On your desktop, go to Orb, then go to the �Audio page� and make sure you are in the internet radio area.

6. Paste the URL and channel name you copied from uSirius into �Add Custom� under the �my Favorate internet radio.� Then orb will know where to look for the sirius feed.

Note: You need to repete this step for every sirius channel you want.

7. On your blackberry browser go to mycast.orb.com
    Log in and go to favorate internet radio links and click the feed/channel you want to listen to. Remember, uSirius needs to be running on your desktop.

8. hope this helps
    05-31-09 03:54 PM
    It appears that streaming audio via the wireless service is prohibited by VZW T&C, see the quote here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/faq...5/#post2687895

Taking the constraint of receiving via the OP's mobile satellite receiver that leaves no practical options because Wifi is not supported. AFAIK there is no practical way to Bluetooth or USB the audio stream INTO a BlackBerry direct from receiver, it doesn't support the necessary functions. The only way to implement this would be to capture to audio file and transfer the files on completion - not realtime. Case closed.
    05-31-09 05:22 PM
    I don't know where to get "usirius" from but here are the directions on what to do after you get it.

1. Download/install Orb to your desktop computer.

2. Download/install uSirius to your desktop

3. Configure both to normal settings

4. In uSirius, copy the supplied channel URL (click the URL button then select the channel you want, then copy to clipboard).

5. On your desktop, go to Orb, then go to the �Audio page� and make sure you are in the internet radio area.

6. Paste the URL and channel name you copied from uSirius into �Add Custom� under the �my Favorate internet radio.� Then orb will know where to look for the sirius feed.

Note: You need to repete this step for every sirius channel you want.

7. On your blackberry browser go to mycast.orb.com
    Log in and go to favorate internet radio links and click the feed/channel you want to listen to. Remember, uSirius needs to be running on your desktop.

8. hope this helps
    Awesome! Thanks M!

05-31-09 05:34 PM
    I've used those instructions and they worked for a while. Now they don't work anymore. When my media player opens on my BB I get a message from Orb saying that I don't have the correct codecs. Which doesn't make sense to me. I get the same msg if I try and do it on my home computer. This happening to anyone else?
    07-17-09 07:37 AM
    It appears that streaming audio via the wireless service is prohibited by VZW T&C, see the quote here: http://forums.crackberry.com/f71/faq...5/#post2687895

Taking the constraint of receiving via the OP's mobile satellite receiver that leaves no practical options because Wifi is not supported. AFAIK there is no practical way to Bluetooth or USB the audio stream INTO a BlackBerry direct from receiver, it doesn't support the necessary functions. The only way to implement this would be to capture to audio file and transfer the files on completion - not realtime. Case closed.
    Wow ....... hadn't heard it put that way before. I guess I will continue to read and try to forget it!
    07-17-09 08:00 AM
    I've used those instructions and they worked for a while. Now they don't work anymore. When my media player opens on my BB I get a message from Orb saying that I don't have the correct codecs. Which doesn't make sense to me. I get the same msg if I try and do it on my home computer. This happening to anyone else?
    When is the last time you tried to use it, before this? I ask this because the online service is now a pay service for everyone even those with a subscription. You may need to sign up for online service.
    07-17-09 08:20 AM
    Thanks Bigslam for your response. I am paying for the online service. I still listen online at home before I go to work.
    07-30-09 06:04 AM
    When is the last time you tried to use it, before this? I ask this because the online service is now a pay service for everyone even those with a subscription. You may need to sign up for online service.
    It's not a pay service for lifetime memberships.
    07-30-09 08:13 AM
    For those still interested there is a link for usirius through megaupload somewhere in cb forums.
    Sorry I don't remember where I found it but that together with orb works perfectly.

07-30-09 08:18 AM
    download the free flycast app. I found Howard 101 on that. It limits you to the west coast feed only. If you are in the Eastern time zone, the show starts at 9am.
    07-30-09 08:24 AM
    So I guess this means that VZW is just trying to kick us ALL off their network by pushing out SLACKER links to all our phones...

07-30-09 08:28 AM
    So I guess this means that VZW is just trying to kick us ALL off their network by pushing out SLACKER links to all our phones...

True enough. Sounds like they may need to rewrite their Terms of Service.
    07-30-09 08:53 AM
    download the free flycast app. I found Howard 101 on that. It limits you to the west coast feed only. If you are in the Eastern time zone, the show starts at 9am.
    Where did you download flycast from?
    08-04-09 08:25 PM
    heres an off topic ?? a lil but kinda has somewhat to do with the op's post and reading this thread which is interesting..but my ?? is if a .:: 630 WPRO & 99.7 FM - Rhode Island's Station of Record ::. has a web cam on their site is it possible for me to lisyen to their show on my bb ? cuz ive tried but cant get it to play...is there an app for that lol?
    08-04-09 09:33 PM
    Some guy called the stern show last week and asked about an official app. Stern's response was that there isn't one for contractual reasons. He kept it as simple as that so I don't see it happening.

Baba booey tata toothy mama monkey fafa flunky rara ****** fafa flohigh

08-04-09 10:52 PM
    Howard 101 on Flycast? BS
    08-05-09 12:19 AM

I had this problem too. But when I changed my browser options to "Blackberry" instead of "Internet Explorer" it worked again.
    08-05-09 12:25 AM

Just go to Flycast.com on your blackberry and download Version 2.0 there. You'll find Howard under Guide>Genres>Talk and Howard 101 is first on the list
    08-18-09 08:07 AM
    Howard 101 on Flycast? BS
    I didn't want to believe him either. Just google Flycast, download the latest release (1.34) and then after you launch and login it will prompt you to install the Storm specific beta (2.03). From there it is clear sailing to Stern.

FlyCast - Now your smartphone is complete
    Last edited by Bigslam123; 08-18-09 at 08:53 AM.
    08-18-09 08:48 AM
86 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD