While I was about to get into my car I dropped something on the ground that rolled under my car. When lying on the ground to retrieve it my curve, unknowingly, fell out of my pocket, which I then ran over when backing the car out of the driveway. After retrieving it and turning it on, the tie-dyed screen (all white with a black striek) appeared. It then went black, with the flashing red light. Amazingly there are no cracks in the lens or the case, as I had it in a protective case.

I am pretty sure I can replace the lcd myself. I am curious if there may be something else broken in addition to the lcd. I would really appreciate feedback. Thanks.
    05-30-09 04:29 AM
    oh my.... good luck...
    05-30-09 04:42 AM
    hi

With the Curve powered up, have you tried calling it? if it rings at least you can assume that side of things works. I wouldn't leave it powered up for too long though, just in case there's any internal short circuits, this would most likely cause rapid battery drain.

Does the battery get hot when powered up, again this would be an indication of internal shorts.

Good luck in any case
    05-30-09 05:15 AM
    Before the plethora of "sorry for your loss" (never understood
    those) or good luck comments start pouring in, you are basically
    screwed. You drove at least one ton GVW over a phone. No matter
    what you replace you are on borrowed time.

If you have insurance, use it. If not, start looking around for
    an affordable replacement.
    05-30-09 05:30 AM
    is the SIM inside still good ? if so take it out and go buy another phone

like amazing said your are on borrowed time, it's a matter of time that your curve will die
    05-30-09 06:40 AM
    I am curious if there may be something else broken in addition to the lcd. I would really appreciate feedback. Thanks.
    The only way for us to know that, is if you know that first. We don't have access to the 8900. We also don't know how bad it was smashed. You're gonna have to take it apart to replace the lcd, so just take it apart now before ordering the lcd. Then look for other broken parts.

BTW: Did you have the 8900 in your shirt pocket or something?
    05-30-09 07:08 AM
    If you have insurance, I suggest you go that route. The deductible would most likely end up being cheaper than the cost of the replacement parts. I know on AT&T, the insurance deductible is $50, but if you're on another carrier (I'm on wap, so I can't tell) it may vary. Otherwise, I'd suggest doing what amazinglygraceless says and start hunting for a decently priced one online.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 07:11 AM
    that is unfortunate
    05-30-09 07:59 AM
    I never understand how this happens.

Hope you had insurance...if not eBay and Craigslist are going to be your new best friends.
    05-30-09 12:38 PM
    You mentioned that the phone still turns on. If I were you the first thing I'd be doing is a backup on DM. When you get a new phone (trust me, you'll need a new phone) just restore your info.
    05-30-09 01:07 PM
    Wow!! i hope things work out for ur BB!
    05-30-09 03:20 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD