I was debating whether to get beehive or IM+, because im usually in bed when i text and surf the internet through wifi on my 8320.

So can anyone explain their opinion about these two apps
    which one is better.

btw can you use IM+ with edge?
    05-30-09 12:09 AM
    You can do a free trial of both and see what you like. I did and chose IM+.
    05-30-09 08:24 AM
    I think u can facebook chat with beejive, but I can't figure out how?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-30-09 10:22 AM
    You can Facebook chat thru IM+

I have both. I've had BeeJive for a while but the thing that made me buy IM+ was the email push function. You can sign out of the app but enable IM push and any instant messages that come thru get pushed thru to your email. That alone makes it worth spending for another IM app.
    05-30-09 10:45 AM
    well the thing is

i dont have data

cause its too expensive
    and i know its better with a data plan

but i use it with wifi

so im still debating
    05-30-09 02:26 PM
    try them both and draw your own conclusions is the best advice I can give. I prefer the UI of Beejive so went with that.

05-30-09 02:47 PM
    IM+ is unique also by Twitter and Skype chat support. Now there is a beta testing campaing for IM+ with Twitter, try it for free and share your impressions here!
    05-30-09 05:23 PM
    IM+ is supposedly also coming out with a voice enabled version sometime soon.

05-30-09 06:47 PM
    okay i used beejive for 30 days then i used IM+ for 2 days. and deleted IM + even tho the PUSH IM is nice, i can js use the aim site and put my cell in there and still get that function if i sign off, i dont like IM+ cause it doesnt go wit my profile sounds..it has its own..and the LED light doesnt keep going when u get an IM, though maybe there's a way around that but i feel BEEJIVE is much better and will cave in and buy it once theres a coupon code floating around... But yes try BOTH! and you'll figure out which one you like!
    06-01-09 09:24 PM
    I prefer Beejive to IM+ because it is fast and save gprs.
    06-01-09 10:34 PM
    Beejive won me over. I think im+ is totaly on to something, don't get me wrong. I found it way to cumbersome to use myself. I didn't know too many options was ever possible, and I was confused as heck and by nooo means do I consider myself a newb. Beejive needs to hurry and roll out a final release with FB chat though, but glad to see they're trying to work kinks out! :-)

06-02-09 02:48 AM
    Beejive won me over. I think im+ is totaly on to something, don't get me wrong. I found it way to cumbersome to use myself. I didn't know too many options was ever possible, and I was confused as heck and by nooo means do I consider myself a newb. Beejive needs to hurry and roll out a final release with FB chat though, but glad to see they're trying to work kinks out! :-)

same issue with me. i am NOT really a newb and IM+ confused the heck outta me. so beejive gets my vote (:
    06-02-09 05:29 AM
    beejive:
    +UI
    +Chat screen
    +options

IM+:
    +IM Push

I have both, I haven't used beejive in like 4 or 5 months. It's too big of a battery drain, so I only use IM+ with IM PUSH if I need it. You can leave it up to 3 days connected to PUSH mode, and you get all your IMs to your email.

If you don't have a data connection and only using Wifi, get beejive, it's way nicer.
    06-02-09 05:57 AM
    I loved Beejive, thought the UI and everything was just better. But it ATE my battery. Like 3-5% per half hour. And i was using the 2600MAh super extended battery. With Beejive running i'd be at zero battery life in ten hours. TOTALLY unacceptable.

Tried IM+, found the UI to not be as keen, but the battery life...it barely affects it. Sooooo much nicer.

If beejive had done something with battery consumption i'd have stayed there, but it ate too much juice waaaaay too fast. So IM+ wins for me
    06-02-09 06:51 AM
    i think you could cut the guy some slack, and not caps yell and star cuss, no real reason for that...
    06-02-09 03:14 PM
    I won IM+ in the blogs and I'm a BB noob but hardly I'm client (use trillian on computer) its a bit confusing. I need to search for some threads so I can get it going! Seems like its the favorite and the battery saver and it was free so I will work it!

06-02-09 05:50 PM
    I say go with ebuddy. Its free and supports facebook and myspace chat. Just my 2cents

06-02-09 05:56 PM
    I would suggest you go for IM+. A few reasons here:

1, You only need to pay for it once and can carry on using the same registration code even if you have bought a new phone.
    2, The latest IM+ All-In-One Messenger also has Skype support built-in.
    3, The IM Push function that allows you to chat without IM+ running.
    4, Handango UK is currently selling IM+ All-In-One Messenger for 11 pounds, approximately 17.8 dollars.
    06-04-09 01:05 PM
    THERE IS ALREADY A THREAD ON EXACTLY THIS TOPIC, I KNOW BECAUSE I CREATED IT, THERE IS ALSO A POLL VOTE. OU OBVIOUSLY DID NOT SEARCH THE ****EN FORUM HEY MATE

If so, where is it? When you do a search on Google and on Crackberry Forums for the words "BeeJive vs. IM+".... this forum is the one that comes up. You're previous post is perhaps still available, but one would have to do a lot of digging.
    06-04-09 06:03 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD