View Poll Results: Which is better on the Storm?

Voters
53. You may not vote on this poll
  • VCast Song ID

34 64.15%
  • Shazam

19 35.85%
    Which is better? Lay it on me.
    05-29-09 10:29 PM
    This is not a fair poll since there isn't a version of Shazam yet that is optimized for the Storm. The current version is useless for the most part.
    05-29-09 10:33 PM
    According to the developers (Rocket Mobile) of the VCast Song ID, the app is powered by shazam.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:42 PM
    This is not a fair poll since there isn't a version of Shazam yet that is optimized for the Storm. The current version is useless for the most part.
    Who said polls were fair?!? LOL
    05-29-09 10:43 PM
    According to the developers (Rocket Mobile) of the VCast Song ID, the app is powered by shazam.

Sweet, nice info!

I have to admit, Vcast does look much better. A little laggy but I own a Storm and am used to that. Sorry was that a rant?? LOL
    05-29-09 10:44 PM
    Well considering you have to pay for shazam, Vcast is by far the better choice very slow but better.
    05-29-09 10:48 PM
    I have no tryed Shazaam but I'm loving the VZW Song ID. It is a bit laggy switching menus and all but overall it's great. Just remember to set your app permission for allow for everything
    05-29-09 11:08 PM
    I have to say Vcast song ID. It actually works unlike shazam, which I had no luck with.
    05-29-09 11:21 PM
    Anyone else get an update avail then try to update and browser times out? Its happened to me three time. HHmmm
    05-29-09 11:25 PM
    Anyone else get an update avail then try to update and browser times out? Its happened to me three time. HHmmm
    Yep almost everytime I go into Vcast ?
    05-29-09 11:27 PM
    where did u find vcast song id for the storm?
    05-30-09 01:57 AM
    Go to the mobile vzw website from you BB and you will find it under Get Apps.

05-30-09 02:21 AM
    where did u find vcast song id for the storm?
    Here is the link: V Cast Song Id
    05-30-09 02:40 AM
    I'll throw my hat in the ring for Shazam. It works just fine on the storm. Had all the features I want. Works better than vcast. And I'm not one to knock on an app just because it might cost a few coins.

Edit... Oh and too vcast shouldn't have to weigh in at 1MB for what it has to offer.
    Last edited by rmjones101; 05-30-09 at 04:30 AM.
    05-30-09 04:24 AM
    Don't know how I got lucky, but my first time I got a timeout, and the second time it took. The first time I caught a song, and then it said there was an update. The browser timed out when I tried to retrieve the update. I exitted from Vcast SongID, and when I returned, it said on the first page that there was an update available, and I hit update, and it took...

It is slow (navigating the program... the SongID is the 10 seconds it says it will take), especially for the storm, which is a bit annoying, but... the main selling point for me was the price. and it does work...

Also, annoying is having to manually set the permissions. (Has anyone downloaded and had this app run straight from the barrel without having to manually set permissions?)

Just my $0.0212 (6% sales ta included)

Cheers,
    B.D.
    05-30-09 09:18 AM
    Well considering you have to pay for shazam, Vcast is by far the better choice very slow but better.
    Don't you have to pay $14.99 a month for the Vcast Music service? If not, you can't buy or download the song. Might as well use Shazam.
    05-30-09 11:33 AM
    shazam finds more, i used vcast to see if it would recognize smells like teen spirit by nirvana and feeling this by blink 182 , and it didn't get any of them
    05-30-09 12:25 PM
    I think the big thing people are missing is the you have to have it set to ENABLE COMPATABILITY MODE. Not disable, enable.
    05-30-09 03:03 PM
    I think the big thing people are missing is the you have to have it set to ENABLE COMPATABILITY MODE. Not disable, enable.
    Agreed. If you enable compatibility mode, Shazam is definitely better than SongID. When I need to ID a song, time is of the essence and you can set Shazam to start ID'ing as soon as you open the app. Plus as someone else said it uses WAY less memory.
    05-30-09 03:43 PM
    Don't you have to pay $14.99 a month for the Vcast Music service? If not, you can't buy or download the song. Might as well use Shazam.
    No, you don't have to pay anything. It's pretty slow, but it's free.
    05-30-09 04:01 PM
    No you don't. I use my with it disabled and am able to Tag songs without a problem.
    05-30-09 04:16 PM
    No you don't. I use my with it disabled and am able to Tag songs without a problem.
    I think he means if you want to use all the features you need to have it enabled.

05-30-09 04:48 PM
    No, you don't have to pay anything. It's pretty slow, but it's free.
    It found and identified a song I tested it with but when it gave me the option to buy or download the song it said I needed Vcast Music with Rhapsody in order to purchase. I could have sworn I read that that service was 14.99 per month. Has anybody purchased a song with this that did not have the 14.99 per month plan?
    05-30-09 05:16 PM
    True, but that is all you can do with it disabled. You can use all of the options when it is ENABLED.
    05-30-09 05:27 PM
    I liked Shazam, don't get me wrong, but everytime I tried to instal the update, it closed the program and didn't do anything, 4 times in a row. I love song id since I've used it since like my first or second phone. But I do agree it lags. It is $15 for the rhapsody service, but if you just have vcast on your phone I thought you could use it and browse. Idk

I also forgot about shazam becoming the "complimentary" version and only letting you tag 5 songs a month <.<. At least with song id you can tag as many as you want.
    Last edited by amavit; 05-30-09 at 07:35 PM.
    05-30-09 07:32 PM
30 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD