You will need internet access from your blackberry - most important! Without that, you can't have Y!Weather on your BB

Go to this link from your web browser:
    http://bbrtm.org/yweather/4.2/YWeather.jad
    Make sure you use caps in your link or it won't work!

Here are some screen shots of my setup & how it should look after you are done DLing it. FYI!!!! YOUR "LOCATION ID" IS YOUR 5 digit ZIP CODE! Pretty simple to navigate after that. Add it to your home screen so when you scroll over it, it will show you the temperature &/or forecast. You can set all that up after it's DLed

v screwed up Screenshot, ma bad!

05-29-09 10:28 PM
    Works good, thanks!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 10:55 PM
    Not working for me...

I don't have a data plan..does anyone know if this works without a Data Plan? Try this as your location ID : CAXX0531 and lemme know if it works for u..

Thanks
    Last edited by ltima_driver; 05-29-09 at 11:18 PM.
    05-29-09 11:09 PM
    Not working for me...

I don't have a data plan..does anyone know if this works without a Data Plan? Try this as your location ID : CAXX0531 and lemme know if it works for u..

Thanks
    I tried that location ID. Your location ID won't work cause its not a valid zipcode, its just the 5 digits from your address (city). If you don't know your zip code, just google it are you in Canada? if so you'll have to google your location ID for your province or whatever you guys call it there. I hope it works out for you
    05-29-09 11:21 PM
    I tried that location ID. Your location ID won't work cause its not a valid zipcode, its just the 5 digits from your address (city). If you don't know your zip code, just google it are you in Canada? if so you'll have to google your location ID for your province or whatever you guys call it there. I hope it works out for you

I have been trying this for 2 days now..I read somewhere on blackberry forums its either the US ZIP Code or the Location ID from the link: http : // weather.yahoo.com/forecast/ CAXX0531. html where the location ID is the last term before .html

Info on location ID: http : //developer.yahoo.com/weather" <- link confirms it

Maybe there is a bug in the app, not allowing to work with Location IDs. Once i m done univ I can start developing things I like!...cant wait!
    05-29-09 11:31 PM
    What's a "data plan"? lol
    05-29-09 11:32 PM
    What's a "data plan"? lol
    I do not subscribe to internet on my phone through the carrier. I just use wifi (at home or at school) using the routers.

Are you able to surf the web and access ur email when you are on the road? If yes, you have a data plan.
    05-29-09 11:35 PM
    The best app is weather eye.

Weather bug is nice too with the maps...
    05-29-09 11:36 PM
    looks good!
    05-30-09 12:01 AM
    Does it work in the UK ?

05-30-09 01:03 AM
    Yes. Just get I.D. location from Yahoo.

05-30-09 02:00 AM
    Great stuff, thank you
    05-30-09 02:19 AM
    use your zip codes... it worked for me!

Nice little app if you aren't looking for radar and maps and such...
    05-30-09 06:55 AM
    Wow this is really cool, thanks!
    05-30-09 02:19 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD