Can anyone tell me how to turn off all of the message alerts except for SMS/MMS texting? I have turned off my email alerts and etc, but because the storm has that separate message catagory that logs everything including missed calls, emails and messaging, it still alerts me for every email that I get. Is there a way to turn off that specific message catagory? All I want to hear is my phone ringing, and if I get a text. Thanks very much to anyone that can help me.
    05-29-09 09:17 PM
    Click on your sounds icon... then scroll down to Set Ring Tones/Alerts... there is an option in there for just your email addresses.

(That will only silence the alerts for your Normal sound profile. If you end up setting the phone to Loud or Medium, I'm pretty sure the alerts will sound again. You can also create a custom sound profile for Loud/Medium and set the email alert to silent... then use those instead of the stock Loud/Medium profiles, if you wish.)
    Last edited by Morf32; 05-29-09 at 09:23 PM.
    05-29-09 09:20 PM
    Click on your sounds icon... then scroll down to Set Ring Tones/Alerts... there is an option in there for just your email addresses.

(That will only silence the alerts for your Normal sound profile. If you end up setting the phone to Loud or Medium, I'm pretty sure the alerts will sound again. You can also create a custom sound profile for Loud/Medium and set the email alert to silent... then use those instead of the stock Loud/Medium profiles, if you wish.)

Thanks very much Morf 32! It worked and I am happy!
    05-31-09 02:03 PM
    i have a similar question / issue. Since updating to 148 when I change sound profiles from, say, Normal to Silent, I cant make those profiles retain any changes I make to them. For instance, I go into Silent profile and turn ringer vol to silent on the phone option. Then, if I go and change the profile back to Normal, the ringer vol on the phone option has been changed to silent as well. It seems any changes made to any profile are being made to ALL profiles. Any ideas ?
    06-03-09 12:59 AM
    i have a similar question / issue. Since updating to 148 when I change sound profiles from, say, Normal to Silent, I cant make those profiles retain any changes I make to them. For instance, I go into Silent profile and turn ringer vol to silent on the phone option. Then, if I go and change the profile back to Normal, the ringer vol on the phone option has been changed to silent as well. It seems any changes made to any profile are being made to ALL profiles. Any ideas ?
    have you tried a battery pull??
    06-03-09 01:39 AM
    Spider,

In your sound profile options, all changes that you make effect only the "normal" sound profile. So if you change the option to silent for phone option, it will be silent in normal mode. All the other default sound profiles like silent, medium, loud etc. are not editable. If you want more profile options just create a custom profile and set each option (email, phone, sms, mms, etc.) exactly how you want it.
    06-03-09 01:45 AM
    I have a problem with mine with the new update that I'm still trying to work out. It seems even though I have changed my text message sound from the main profile off the main page, I have to go in on every contact and change it there also. Otherwise, it uses the default of BBPro_Sanguine. Unless I missed some master change setting?
    06-03-09 02:58 AM
    Ah-so ! Thnks T24 - good info - I did not know previous that changes made under set ring tones/alerts affected only the Normal sound profile - appreciate your help !
    06-03-09 05:48 PM
    I ended up creating my own ring/tone settings cus it was really annoying getting notified when i got an email. i have another problem... is there any way possible to have my screen light up whenever i receive an sms/mms text?? my other phone used to do it n i just recently upgraded to blackberry 8230 cuerve and really really miss that about my old phone. if anyone can help that would be awesome!!
    06-13-09 05:11 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD