I negotiated a new plan and want to know how it compares:

*EDIT* - I now got the 6GB for $30 plan(credits remain). See my latest posts in this thread.

Voice - $40
    -750 daytime minutes
    -Unlimited incoming
    -Unlimited network calling (fido, rogers and rogers home phone)
    -nights and weekends free after 9pm
    -all the usual voice mail, caller id etc...

Data - $25
    -basically they gave me the $35 500MB, unlimited text and mms plan for $10 less (same price as the unlimited email plan).

So total is $65 plus the $6.95 and 911 costs would be around $82.

I just called in because I was paying $90 for less so I got a lower price and more.

Let me know if this is good or if I should call back and ***** some more lol.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by oracle107; 06-28-09 at 01:59 PM.
    05-29-09 07:31 PM
    no but tyou convinced me that i should call, I'm paying about 82 as well but getting far less minutes (about 250) and dont have free incoming, hopefully i can save 10 or 20 bucks.

good job btw! sounds like a good plan to me.
    05-29-09 11:39 PM
    its a pretty solid plan considering what is offered for plans these days.
    05-30-09 12:23 AM
    I'd look at paying the extra to get free evenings bumped up in time. Who makes plans after 9pm on a friday night. Its only a few bucks more for earlier evening options but thats just my opinion.
    05-30-09 12:28 AM
    I thought about asking foir nights and weekends after 6 but I wouldn't even pay any more for that. With unlimited incoming and network I am covered with 99% of my family and friends. Its the daytime business calls that will take my minutes and those end before 6.

I wish they had an unlimited data plan though! Or at least bring back the 6gb plan. I asked for it and for a few minutes it looked like they were going to give it to me but then they came back with this offer. The 6gb plan with text would have been about $20 more so I just took this plan for now and waiting for something better to come along.

05-30-09 06:40 AM
    How do you guys negotiate when you call in?
    05-31-09 01:34 PM
    Call retentions and tell them u r not happy with year current plan.

05-31-09 02:37 PM
    So I negotiated another new plan...

I called in a couple days ago and got the 6gb for $30 and they left the $10 credit so I am actually paying $20 for 6gb.

However I had to get a seperate unlimited text and a voice mail plan for $20.

So all my data (6gb) and unlimited texts/mms + caller id, vm etc...costs $40.

So I increased my svc by $15 but now my data is virtually unlimited instead of that crappy 500mb limit.

Good move?

06-28-09 12:24 PM
    How exactly did you pull this off because this could help my bill sooooo much if I got it right
    06-28-09 12:46 PM
    How exactly did you pull this off because this could help my bill sooooo much if I got it right
    Which plan? My original first post? I called retentions and they gave me the 500MB value pack for $25 instead of $35 and gave me a better voice plan.

My last post before yours...the 6GB for $30 promotion is on now for blackberry. Anyone can get it if you call, but because they had already given me a $10 credit for the 500MB value pack, they did not remove it. For me paying an extra $15 for 6GB is worth it over 500MB.
    06-28-09 01:58 PM
    One must not forget though. You may be getting a really good deal through retention, but you probably just signed yourself up for another 2 or 3 year contract.

If you insist on getting that deal, remember there's a price to pay for that deal. And that means keeping you on as a customer.

Also, if you have something that is already a really good discount or pkg on your plan remember, you may lose that deal when you get the retention offer. As well as vice versa. You have found that one of the new plans have something really good to offer, but if you change to that, then you just lost your really good free feature or bonus minutes you had prior to the change.

Don't tear up a customer service rep. just because you didn't get what you expected. They're only doing there job, and I bet you wouldn't be able to handle there job to begin with.
    07-03-09 10:43 PM
    One must not forget though. You may be getting a really good deal through retention, but you probably just signed yourself up for another 2 or 3 year contract.

If you insist on getting that deal, remember there's a price to pay for that deal. And that means keeping you on as a customer.

Also, if you have something that is already a really good discount or pkg on your plan remember, you may lose that deal when you get the retention offer. As well as vice versa. You have found that one of the new plans have something really good to offer, but if you change to that, then you just lost your really good free feature or bonus minutes you had prior to the change.

Don't tear up a customer service rep. just because you didn't get what you expected. They're only doing there job, and I bet you wouldn't be able to handle there job to begin with.

Nope...didn't get into a new contract, didn't lose anything...only got more. I stated everything above.

Who's tearing up the csr's??? Also, never assume...

07-03-09 11:39 PM
    Customer retention is the best and only department that i talk to when i call with any issues! Rogers for some reason can never get my billing right were adjusting it almost every month, they alway screw something up.
    07-04-09 12:57 PM
    That was one of the very reasons I had left Bell for my home phone. And picked up a Rogers cell phone. And managed to get out of the 2 year term that there retention tried to get me with.

Customer retention is the best and only department that i talk to when i call with any issues! Rogers for some reason can never get my billing right were adjusting it almost every month, they alway screw something up.
    07-05-09 02:50 AM
    Yeah, thanks to retentions I have an amazing plan and my bill never gets screwed up anymore. From Feb'08 til Apr'09 I've literally been calling them every month because they always screwed up the bill and overcharged. But ever since I discovered retentions exists and gave them a call, I got a BB 8900 out of it and perfect even bills.
    07-05-09 02:00 PM
    After reading all your post, you guys make me want to call into retentions too.

Any tips on what I should say when I call in?

I don't wanna call in, and screw it up.

Thanks in advance.
    Henry.
    07-05-09 05:05 PM
    Don't call. If there's nothing wrong with your plan and it's working for you. Don't change it, because I bet you'll regret it.

If you must make any changes to your plan, always do it on your bill cycle close date or as close to it as you can so you don't have to deal with any prorated charges which you more than likely won't understand.

After reading all your post, you guys make me want to call into retentions too.

Any tips on what I should say when I call in?

I don't wanna call in, and screw it up.

Thanks in advance.
    Henry.
    07-07-09 11:48 PM
    Don't call. If there's nothing wrong with your plan and it's working for you. Don't change it, because I bet you'll regret it.

If you must make any changes to your plan, always do it on your bill cycle close date or as close to it as you can so you don't have to deal with any prorated charges which you more than likely won't understand.
    I think you should always call if u r not happy. Also, you can tell them to date the changes on your billing date if that's easier for you.

07-08-09 09:01 AM
    Ok, how would you guys negotiate this?

My current plan is a family plan for VZW. My mom and I have BB Storms and are paying a total of 60$ a month for them... My brother is dying for a BB but my mom doesnt want to pay 90$ per/month. Also, Im trying to push my dad towards the Tour

Any negotiation advice?
    07-20-09 12:26 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD