Did i read the change log correct? I thought that was coming in OS 5.0?
    05-29-09 06:56 PM
    Not that I know of, would be sweet though, lol
    05-29-09 07:02 PM
    where can i see the changelog?
    05-29-09 07:21 PM
    Goto the boy genius report.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 07:23 PM
    Goto the boy genius report.

I don't see that anywhere. Please specify.

I looked at the boy genius report changelog. Are you referring to one of the .113 listed enhancements that you are now able to install to the SD card when doing OTA upgrades?

I still don't think it's possible for apps to go straight to SD card.
    Last edited by Optimusv2; 05-29-09 at 07:32 PM.
    05-29-09 07:24 PM
    There is a change log right here in the OS forum. Change Log
    05-29-09 07:44 PM
    Are you talking about this entry:

Enhancements to ensure files, saved on a media card, display correctly in all applications and in all circumstances.

I don't think it implies what you think.
    05-29-09 07:55 PM
    I think this is what hes talkin about. kinda vague, and i dont think you can save to mem card. I havent yet..

Enhancement to provide the option of using either internal memory or a media card for over the air software downloads.
    05-29-09 07:59 PM
    I remember the part he's referring to...it's referring to OTA update of the phone can be saved to the media card. Remember when .75 was originally pushed OTA, people were getting errors that there wasn't sufficient memory to perform the update? This update will apparantly use the media card for the update to eliminate that error.

OK, I stand corrected...it does say OTA software downloads, nothing specifically about the OS OTA...but I still think that's what it means. I mean, we already have 148, and there's no option to save apps to the card.
    Last edited by DeaconBlue; 05-29-09 at 08:19 PM.
    05-29-09 08:13 PM
    "Enhancement to provide the option of using either internal memory or a media card for over the air software downloads" this is what the change log says but unless i am incorrect I have not seen this option in .148, has anybody else
    05-29-09 09:21 PM
    "Enhancement to provide the option of using either internal memory or a media card for over the air software downloads" this is what the change log says but unless i am incorrect I have not seen this option in .148, has anybody else
    Deacon explained it in his post above.
    05-29-09 09:24 PM
    Deacon explained it in his post above.

Not to me, why would I want to save an OS OTA to the media card
    05-29-09 09:33 PM
    The OS won't be saved to the card, it will use the memory space of the card for the temp files as it downloads, when the download is complete it will install to the phone and the temp files will be deleted. This is to prevent the insufficient memory errors many users saw with .75 (myself included on my first try, after I rebooted it worked). This is just my speculation, of course.
    05-29-09 09:42 PM
    The OS won't be saved to the card, it will use the memory space of the card for the temp files as it downloads, when the download is complete it will install to the phone and the temp files will be deleted. This is to prevent the insufficient memory errors many users saw with .75 (myself included on my first try, after I rebooted it worked). This is just my speculation, of course.
    Ahhhh, now it makes sense, sorry I have been on call the last 2 days and have not slept much.
    05-29-09 09:48 PM
    No reason to speculate. This is correct. It's for OTA OS updates, not apps.

05-29-09 11:55 PM
    No reason to speculate. This is correct. It's for OTA OS updates, not apps.

Thanks Civic,

I was 99% sure I had that right, the only doubt was the wording of the changelog entry which said "software updates" not OS or firmware upgrades or something like that. Since I already know .148 does not allow apps to be installed to the card, it was the only thing that made sense.
    05-30-09 12:19 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD