Hi there -

I'm really sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered somewhere else previously... But I searched and searched and I can't find it (but did find a whole lot of unrelated posts)!

How do you become a tester for any of the new phones for Verizon? Do you have to be an employee?

Thanks!!
    05-29-09 05:49 PM
    Hi there -

I'm really sorry if I'm asking a question that's already been answered somewhere else previously... But I searched and searched and I can't find it (but did find a whole lot of unrelated posts)!

How do you become a tester for any of the new phones for Verizon? Do you have to be an employee?

Thanks!!

Its more then likely a current employee with heavy technical knowledge. I would assume the standard tech often gets upped into this position or moved around..

I can't guarantee this

but verizon also has a website for career opportunities there is a possibility that the job would end up on there as well.
    05-29-09 05:52 PM
    You would have to start out at an entry level job, no matter your degrees. Very rarely does Verizon hire externally for advanced positions. They promote from within.
    05-29-09 06:11 PM
    Ah... dammit!! LOL! Oh well.. never hurts to ask!
    05-29-09 06:22 PM
    but verizon also has a website for career opportunities there is a possibility that the job would end up on there as well.
    Where is this website in case I would still be interested? Sometimes I'm crazy enough to consider a part time job!

This link says under construction?

https://careers.verizonwireless.com/...reerhome1.html
    05-29-09 08:24 PM
    Where is this website in case I would still be interested? Sometimes I'm crazy enough to consider a part time job!

This link says under construction?

https://careers.verizonwireless.com/...reerhome1.html
    That's the correct web address. Their web site is just temporarily under construction.
    05-29-09 10:26 PM
    You would have to start out at an entry level job, no matter your degrees. Very rarely does Verizon hire externally for advanced positions. They promote from within.
    hahaha.... sorry need to vent a little... person hired into vzw as a sales rep... not even out of new hire training has been promoted to store manager. how does that happen?!

sorry about off topic...
    05-29-09 10:30 PM
    not in the store channel.
    05-29-09 11:43 PM
    testing is often done by the companies who make the phones...LG, Moto, RIM, Samsung, etc.

They have their own special acounts on which they test. Not sure all the testing is done this way...but at least a portion is.
    05-30-09 01:24 AM
    testing is often done by the companies who make the phones...LG, Moto, RIM, Samsung, etc.

They have their own special acounts on which they test. Not sure all the testing is done this way...but at least a portion is.

yes and no..

The company tests the phones themselves yes but when it gets closer then VZW does in deed do a test on the phone themselves. Just think about the process of there OS testing...

the same kind of go's for the initial phone as well they don't just say ok you made a phone now we sell it..
    05-30-09 03:10 AM
    hahaha.... sorry need to vent a little... person hired into vzw as a sales rep... not even out of new hire training has been promoted to store manager. how does that happen?!

sorry about off topic...
    I don't believe that for one second.
    05-30-09 06:59 AM
    Hi there -

Thanks!!

As long as I have been with the company, I have never seen a position advertised that would have anything to do with testing the products. I believe as a few others have said that the majority of the testing is done at the manufacturers.
    05-30-09 07:19 AM

Higher ups in VZW get to "demo" the phones before they are released.
    05-30-09 09:46 AM
    To be a tester for Verizon Wireless, you DO have to work for the company. Basically, our area QA reps do the testing. They handle managing most of the tech support in-store stuff (thus why they're qualified).

I'm hoping to get that job someday... We had one of our QA guys come in when we were testing the new Boulder and he PITCHED IT ACROSS THE ROOM INTO A WALL. AND STARTED LAUGHING.

It was awesome.

Pure. Awesome.
    05-30-09 02:56 PM
    testing is done at different levels, so there is lab testing, network certification testing and friendly user testing. what aspect did you want to be involved in?

but like posted before, they're all hired from within. my one friend who does some testing worked at VZW for about 6 years before he got to a position to test stuff....
    05-30-09 03:35 PM
    if anyone needs a tester email me at michael_covic@hotmailcom or my bb storm 2 9550 pin is 323c00b7
    02-24-11 10:36 PM
    if anyone needs a tester email me at michael_covic@hotmailcom or my bb storm 2 9550 pin is 323c00b7
    Did you actually read this old thread before your posted in it?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    02-24-11 11:24 PM
    Well so far their posts have been real winners...
    03-03-11 10:04 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD