View Poll Results: If 4.7.0.148 Goes Official; Will you choose to go with the OFFICIAL, LEAK, or HYBRID?

Voters
264. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go with the "Official"

133 50.38%
  • Go with a "Hybrid"

88 33.33%
  • Go with a "Leak"

43 16.29%
    Now that 4.7.0.148 is Official; Will you choose to go with the OFFICIAL, LEAK, or HYBRID?

Come and voice your honest opinion by voting for one of the three options on the poll.

Let's just see what the community really wants!

On the lighter side of things...
    Take a look at this detailed report on BBCrackman's V6 Hybrid - "Official V6 Final Report"

"Official V6 Final Report"
    bbcrackman's absolute best release yet! V6 Rocks!

Implementations, New Features, Positive / Negative Findings, Ongoing / Addressed Issues and Improvements will be addressed in Color Coded Format.

Blue Text will = Positives, New Features, & Improvements

Green Text Will = Acutely Noticable Changes

Red Text will = Negatives & Ongoing Issues.

"Device Type(s) tested on"

"Base Software Version & Platform Utilized"

"Reason for chosen base version"
    Polls currently show the majority are in favor the 4.7.0.148 platform

"Hybrid Version Tested (BBCrackman v6 Hybrid vs BBCrackman v6-90"
    Hybrid V6

"Reason for chosen base version"
    V6 was selected as choice for testing purposes over the V6-90 due to the vast number of issues surrounding the .90 radio.
    Some devices did not perform well on 4.7.0.90 I would not recommend loading this unless you absolutely want to. While some may experience no reboots at all. Others may follow an alternate course of undesirable reboots, system lockup's, and occasional VSOD. It still has the same effect on devices as did straight .90.

"Allocated Time Tested"
    Testing from day one of general release on a fully charged original battery till end of the battery cycle.

"Color Saturation"
    Color improvement is definately there and it is noticable. While color banding is still present you cannot see the vast lineage as before between the transitional phases as in previous releases. Color saturation is a Major improvement showing better visibility and better color flow. Images are more Clearer and Brighter. Color depth seems at it's highest that I have seen compared to any other releases yet.

"Color Banding"
    Still Present
    However:
    Colors are more vivid in detail and crisp in texture. Color banding is hardly noticable. Huge improvement over any other release out.

"Battery Life"
    Under typical use; making regular calls, watching a movie, listening to music, web, and sms; Battery life has been DRASTICALLY INCREASED. I don't how it was done but the battery in all three units are still running STRONG. Have not had to charge yet. This would be one of the best noticable changes I have seen to date. Everybody needs battery life improvement, and if so then this looks like the one.

"Lockup's / Freezes / VSOD"
    None! Running strong and smooth

"Application Intergration"
    ALL of my 3rd Party apps work perfectly. Storm Slider, Quickpull, StopTilt, BofA, File Manager Pro, Forward w/Edit, PDF to Go, Forward w/Edit, Shazam, Kenny Powers, BBOS Launcher, Memory Manager, Battery Booster, Premium Doc to Go, Quicklaunch 1.5 and 2, Visual Voice Mail.

"Camera and Video"
    Camera Speed has increased noticably. It is faster and works every time. 50 photos taken and no issues. 10 Videos taken and no issues. No reboots on camera usage or video usage. Playback was smooth and transitional.

"BES"
    I am on BES with my company and it works flawlessly and punctually. Emails come in wuick and decisive as they should. This is how BES should have always been from the begining.

"Using DM 4.7 and 5.0"
    I can do my back-up's with DM 4.7 and 5.0 with no issues. Tested with two seperate units for more accurate testing.

"Music Multimedia"
    Played a variety of mp3's and had no problems at all. Music played back flawlessly!

"Video Multimedia"
    Played several short video clips and 1 movie. Very clear color depth. Color saturation is definately better. Colors are more crisp!

"Phone Speed"
    Phone speed is much improved. Even with several apps running and several emails going at the same time the phone was extremely fast and responsive. This is a HUGE improvement over the prior releases!

"Loading from Card"
    All of my pics and vids loaded and were picked up perfectly from my 16 gb card.

"Typing"
    ABSOLUTELY NO LAG AT ALL!!!!! I sent many SMS and emails and even while browsing the web had no lag on any of the testing phases. This is a MAJOR improvement.

"Radio"
    ABSOLUTELY NOTICABLE IMPROVEMENT. The radio is the best out yet. I did not experience any lost or dropped calls. Not one Kb of data loss. Sound is MUCH clearer and louder. HOLDING STRONG at 4-5 bars all day long. I usually only get 3-4 bars at the same exact locations but not now. Just for this alone I will never change!

"Accelerometer"
    CRAZY FAST! Ok seriously, this is the fastest one out yet. NO Lag! changes when it should and not when you would least expect it to.

"Visual Voice Mail"
    Well if you use it, it does work perfectly.

"Browser Speed"
    Dont even ask... It's LIGHTNING FAST. Don't let others tell you how fast their browsers are. This one will pass it by far. The fastest browser compared to others. Loaeds .096 seconds faster. Now dont say that .096 is not a long time cause when you are sitting at that redlight for only 1 minute waiting for the light to change that one minute seems like 5. YES it is MUCH FASTER!!!!!

"Memory"
    54MB at start up vs 51MB before. Now keep in mind, this is BEFORE I loaded all of my third apps. With all of the apps listed above running I am holding strong at 43MB. No Loss So Far.

"Battery Pulls"
    Do 3 battery pulls on set up of new hybris 60 seconds apart as instructed. how many battery pulls have I had so far now: 0. That's right, 0 battery pulls to date.

"QuickPull"
    Works Perfectly!!!

"The Final Analysis"

This is absolutely the best built hybrid to date. It is not just my opinion but the results show it. Tested on three storms and all three running strong. bbcrackman's V6 needs no improvement as he has passed the bar of our expectations and led by example. While again I would highly remind you not use the .90 radio unless you are just looking for completely getting rid of the color banding. This V6 does not needs too much more in my opinion. Color, Video, Radio, Speed, Browsing.... It's All There.

All I can say is a BIG Thanks to bbcrackman for this build and thanks to the BBOS team for having it here FIRST!!!!!!

The.Perfect.Storm

The.Perfect.Storm
    Last edited by The.Perfect.Storm; 05-30-09 at 12:49 AM. Reason: fixed thread title and body
    05-29-09 05:44 PM
    Will probably try .148 maybe then BBC V6 if need be.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-29-09 05:46 PM
    hybrid for sure. more impressed with my current hybrid than when i tried 148
    05-29-09 05:46 PM
    Monotonous? I find these threads almost as entertaining as the "VZW Rep told me" threads. If you didn't like the thread why the long reply?
    This thread was meant to be informational. But never the less I agree with you.... lol
    05-29-09 05:53 PM
    There a lot of leaks to choose from as well, not just .148.......

05-29-09 05:54 PM
    Maybe they can use the leaked .122 or lets say .132 for examples
    There is no difference between the .148 Leak and the .148 Official
    05-29-09 05:54 PM

Exactly, plus, the poll has the option to choose "A Leak" not the ".148 Leak"
    05-29-09 05:55 PM

Again, there is no difference between the .148 leak and the official .148 release
    05-29-09 05:55 PM
    There is no difference between the .148 Leak and the .148 Official
    i know this, refer to the above post, he never put a number for any of the Leaked, Official, or Hybrids
    05-29-09 05:56 PM
    Verizon is releasing an official? I thought I got it weeks ago!

05-29-09 06:08 PM
    Please show me where it isn't official yet...I'll paypal you $10, seriously
    Well for starters, open DM right now and check for updates....FAIL!!!!!! it says .75. I'm not negating the fact that is going to be the next Official, but releasing Sunday, make it official Sunday, leak right now. If your going to be so damm critical of the OP, then take a dose of your own meds.
    05-29-09 06:09 PM
    Thread title fixed. First sentence of first post fixed.
    Thread cleaned up.
    05-29-09 06:28 PM
    Nevermind.....
    Last edited by moviemogul; 05-29-09 at 06:34 PM.
    05-29-09 06:30 PM
    I'm sticking with my Lyricidal Hybrid. I liked it better than a straight up .148 and don't see any reason to change just because verizon makes it "official." My guess is in a few days to a week we'll have another leak and I'll be installing that as soon as I see it.

Grey
    05-29-09 06:36 PM
    Thread title fixed. First sentence of first post fixed.
    Thread cleaned up.
    Thank you AG, you can delete my last if you want. sorry
    05-29-09 06:38 PM
    At the mods request I will leave this alone. It has been made official by VZW...End of discussion

Last edited by moviemogul; 05-29-09 at 06:48 PM.
    05-29-09 06:41 PM
    I agree with the hybrids. I'm running V6, but Lyrics rocks also. With the Hybrids, you can tweek the OS with the best stuff from all the OS's
    05-29-09 06:42 PM
    i do believe that the .148 will be the same and i already had this os, so im gonna wait for the hybrid and other leaks!!!
    05-29-09 08:30 PM
    Hey guys quick question,

I have .132 WHICH I LOVE btw. I want to try .148 but i was wondering which version should i do? Theres that something in my head saying if it aint broke dont fix it. idk if i should even upgrade, i mean i do but is it worth it?
    05-29-09 08:37 PM
    I will be keeping my hybrid..The plain .148 will never come close to all my 5.0 files.
    05-29-09 08:37 PM
    Hey guys quick question,

I have .132 WHICH I LOVE btw. I want to try .148 but i was wondering which version should i do? Theres that something in my head saying if it aint broke dont fix it. idk if i should even upgrade, i mean i do but is it worth it?
    There is only 1 version of .148

Yes, it is worth the upgrade
    05-29-09 08:42 PM
    There is only 1 version of .148

Yes, it is worth the upgrade
    i mean hybrid, the offical ... thats what i mean
    05-29-09 08:43 PM
    I'm definitely sticking to hybrid creations. Not that an official release isn't good I just prefer builds that contain newer firmware that might result in a more stable phone in the end.

After all Verizon might stop at .148 before they release the Storm 2. The 5.0 hybrids might give you a little preview of how efficient the second generation Storm's might be. Here are to 5.0 leaks to come (hopefully)
    05-29-09 08:52 PM
    lyricidal's hybrid over official os
    05-29-09 08:54 PM
    i think leaked .148 is great got it last night and its awsome besides .75 was too many problems....and .132 was good too but this is a little bit better...(LITTLE) but im waiting for a new leak maybe .149 or something better
    05-29-09 09:01 PM
61 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD