When I upgraded to .266 from .247 a few weeks back, my app memory jumped up a notch to around 44MB or so after a battery pull. I then installed a bunch of new apps and a couple of new themes. My app memory dropped a fair amount, which I expected.

I've since deleted all of those apps except two (WHERE and OntoCalendar) and both of the themes. However, my app memory has never rebounded to anywhere close to 44MB -- it's about 35MB or so after a battery pull (and dribs down into the mid-20s within a day or so). WTF?

I'm pretty sure even if I deleted those two remaining apps and brought myself back to where I was app-wise when I upgraded to .266, I'd still have no more than 37MB. All I can think of is that installing and deleting apps takes a toll on available app memory. Can anyone think of anything else that might have caused this drop?
    05-29-09 06:18 AM
    It's not just apps that affect memory. Browser cache, # of emails and txt msgs, MMS, will all affect the amount of memory you have available at any given time (not to mention any media you may have not stored on a separate memory card).
    05-29-09 07:20 AM
    I would put my money on one of the themes, some are real pigs.
    05-29-09 07:21 AM
    Yeah, but I deleted the two new themes I had installed after the OS upgrade. And old email messages get dumped off automatically after 30 days, so the number remains more or less the same. I'm not a big text messager. The browser cache is cleared religiously. All media, docs, etc. are stored on the memory card -- nothing is stored on device memory.
    05-29-09 07:36 AM
    Hmm, some people gave reported memory leak increases with 266.

And BTW, my memory numbers are about the same and everything works great, so I wouldn't sweat it.
    05-29-09 07:43 AM
    There is an app that is essentially a battery pull
    without pulling the battery
    I have mine set daily in case I forget
    05-29-09 10:57 AM
    There is an app that is essentially a battery pull
    without pulling the battery
    I have mine set daily in case I forget
    Yup, Quickpull.
    05-29-09 11:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD