I am trying to figure out the best application that integrates all IM services since I am sick and tired of logging into MSN, Yahoo and Gtalk separately.

I would appreciate if you can share your opinion.

thanks!
    05-28-09 04:13 PM
    I try all of them and right now I'm happiest with the latest version of IM+.
    05-28-09 05:57 PM
    check out instango.
    05-28-09 06:21 PM
    instango raped my battery, raped it HARD!

i only use AIM so i just got the rim AIM app instead.
    05-28-09 09:11 PM
    I think that Beejive - instant messaging anywhere is the best one. Give the free trial a shot!
    05-28-09 09:14 PM
    You can try for free IM+ by SHAPE Services
    Beta with Skype chat and Twitter support is available now.
    05-31-09 07:50 AM
    I vote IM+ as well!

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-31-09 07:53 AM
    I vote for BeeJive because it saves gprs data, reasonable price and has fewest disconnection times
    05-31-09 11:39 AM
    I'm trying both BeeJive and IM+ out as a trial. I'll probably end up getting BeeJive because it costs less than IM+.
    BeeJive recently found a way to incorporate Facebook chat after Facebook stopped allowing logins due to phishing attacks. BeeJive also does a much better job of rendering user profile pictures from Facebook and IM user accounts.

05-31-09 11:56 AM
    I also use Beejive & love it..Then again i didnt try any other combo IM service
    05-31-09 11:59 AM
    i tried beejive and IM+ and i love beejive. it's perfect for me. though the price isnt..heh
    06-01-09 09:25 PM
    The AIM app from RIM is good, but you cannot see peoples away messages or profiles! That kinda, sorta, really, sucks. I am not gonna pay for an app, though.
    06-01-09 09:42 PM
    Beejiveee

06-01-09 10:35 PM
    The AIM app from RIM is good, but you cannot see peoples away messages or profiles! That kinda, sorta, really, sucks. I am not gonna pay for an app, though.
    Totally agree. You would think RIM could get this app working correctly. I use RIM's gtalk app and it works very well. Come on RIM, get it in gear!
    06-02-09 07:33 AM
    I use RIM's AIM, Gtalk, and yahoo and set it up to loging automatically. These apps need to be upgraded but the do a good job as is. I just can't see myself paying for a IM app.

06-02-09 01:27 PM
    LOL, I'm a hypocrite. I just bought BeeJive. :/
    06-05-09 10:28 AM
    I use BeeJive. I ended up liking it a little better than IM+.

I tried Palringo with good success. I like its location-aware capabilities, along with being able to send direct voice meaages to other Palringo users. I didn't keep it for a few reasons: No way to sort buddies (all online buddies show up in one uncategorized list), no emoticons, and no ability to send/receive files.

I also tried NimBuzz. It has the most versitile number of IM systems, including Skype Chat. The main reason I didn't keep that one was the text window was not on the same screen as the conversation - you had to press the menu button, select it, then press the menu button again to send the text. It had a tendancy to slow me down too much and my thumb kept getting tired of pressing the trackball so often.

I haven't tried eBuddy or Instango. eBuddy is unsigned, so you have to give it permission to accesss the internet each time you start the app. The last time I looked at Instango, it didn't support Facebook Chat, although that may have changed.
    06-05-09 10:49 AM
    I think that Beejive - instant messaging anywhere is the best one. Give the free trial a shot!
    YES!!
    BeeJive is the best multi-client IM HANDS DOWN
    06-08-09 03:05 PM
    I have 9 days left for BeeJive. I'll most likely end up purchasing it.

IM+ was good. One area of improvement could be in how they allow you to use the menu screen. If you want to make a selection from the menu screen, you have to scroll to your selection. BeeJive allows you to type the first letter of your choice to quickly jump throughout the menu screen.
    I ended up deleting the app.

eBuddy was pretty good. I didn't like how they only have 2 audible selections for incoming messages. It's either an audible tone or vibrate. I tried setting my BlackBerry profile to Quiet, and I still received an audible tone when someone would reply to my message. Not good if you're trying to use the app in a quiet location. Until recently I've been unable to get the Facebook app to pull up my contacts. I ended up deleting the app.

Palringo connects using their servers. I had quite a few sessions where I got disconnected. I ended up deleting the app.

BeeJive has the best Facebook interface. It sorts buddies based on who's active (green light), and who's idle (yellow light). IM+ notifies you by a little clock next to those that are idle, but it doesn't sort them like BeeJive does.
    06-08-09 03:20 PM
    Tried both Beejive and IM+

Beejive has a simple UI.I ended up getting confused with IM+ cluttered UI
    06-08-09 03:43 PM
    I've tried Instango, IM+ and BeeJive and at the end of it all, I bought BeeJive. Works the best for me.
    I use Instango as a backup tho.

06-09-09 12:12 AM
    no issues with palringo here with my carrier
    06-09-09 02:03 AM
    I only need 1. My BB I. M. Is the only one I use. I introduced most my friends and fam to BB so I could Ping them whenever. Lol. I'm joking. I use Gtalk once in a while.

06-09-09 04:21 AM
    BeeJive is the best impo. It is the most user friendly, and it looks like it could have been from RIM directly. It also looks the most authentic.

WCM
    06-15-09 01:40 PM
    As much as I loved the interface of beejive I couldn't purchase it... It MURDERED my battery with only aim usage...

06-15-09 01:50 PM
46 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD