Courtesty of Reuters.
    05-28-09 11:28 AM
    A link perhaps?
    05-28-09 11:30 AM
    05-28-09 11:30 AM
    Here is the text:

*Verizon to sell Palm Pre, new BlackBerry storm

*Palm shares rise 11 pct, Sprint shares fall 3 pct

NEW YORK, May 28 (Reuters) - Verizon Wireless plans to start selling Palm Inc's (PALM.O) Pre and a new version of the touchscreen BlackBerry Storm in about six months, the top executive for the venture of Verizon Communications Inc (VZ.N) and Vodafone Group Plc (VOD.L) said on Thursday.

Shares in Sprint Nextel Corp (S.N), the exclusive launch provider for Pre, fell 3 percent after the comments from Lowell McAdam during a webcast as the highly anticipated Pre is seen as key to helping Sprint stem subscriber losses.

Shares in Palm were up more than 11 percent after the announcement of a second U.S. carrier for the device on which Palm is depending heavily to revamp its own business and regain market share from rivals such as Apple Inc's (AAPL.O) iPhone.

"Over the next six months or so you will see devices like Palm Pre and a second generation Storm," on the Verizon Wireless networks McAdam said.

Verizon Wireless is the exclusive carrier for the first BlackBerry Storm launched by Research In Motion (RIM.TO) late last year. RIM had said it would develop a new Storm but had not announced a timeframe.

Sprint shares were down 18 cents at $4.89 in late morning trade on the New York Stock Exchange while Palm shares were up $1.15 at $11.68 on Nasdaq. (Reporting by Sinead Carew and Franklin Paul; Editing by Tim Dobbyn)
    05-28-09 11:31 AM
    Boo to those of us who got Storms already
    05-28-09 11:37 AM
    Engadget Post
    Verizon Wireless to carry Palm Pre, Storm 2 "in about six months"

Guess we'll see who truly is faithful to the Strom now...
    Sorry bout that...should have proof read better----
    Well, there goes a June release. Dang it, now do I want to get the Storm now or hold out 6+ months... GAH!!!

I'm gonna pull out my hair
    05-28-09 12:14 PM
    I wonder how many different times and how many subforums this will get posted in.
    05-28-09 12:20 PM
    I'm happy with my storm one and have no plans to think about the storm two.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 12:22 PM
    I wonder how many different times and how many subforums this will get posted in.
    I'll say at least 5 times right here in the Storm forums...
    05-28-09 12:23 PM
    I hope to god I can get a trade in value or something.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 12:31 PM
    I don't think I'd jump for the Storm 2, unless there are just some mind-boggling differences.

However, a Verizon Pre is a horse of a different color. That one just might send me packing (Prior Palm guy here...4 times over)
    05-28-09 12:35 PM
    Mwahhaahhaa to all the people who thought it was coming out in JUNE. Tour for me, baby. Then who knows? Ill take a look at the Pre and the Storm 2. All I know is that RIM better step up their game. They will not be the only smartphone on VZW worth buying come 6 months. The Pre and iPhone will be storming (intended) onto the scene at Verizon stores before RIM can look twice. Hopefully this means better Blackberrys for us!
    05-28-09 12:35 PM
    Verizon also announced they are going to be getting Android devices too.

I really love my Berry, but as the tech geek I am love to try out different phones. Between the Tour, Storm 2, Pre, and Android phones all coming soon, and LTE coming in a couple-few years I am in heaven right now.
    05-28-09 12:36 PM
    well we still have some time before this comes true, and don't expect trade in credit. you signed a contract, you're held to the terms you agreed to. you will be eligible to upgrade after 12 months (for most of us anyway) so just hold tight until you can upgrade again...
    05-28-09 12:49 PM
    Engadget Post
    Verizon Wireless to carry Palm Pre, Storm 2 "in about six months"

Guess we'll see who truly is faithful to the Strom now...
    I love my storm but im not faithful to anything but my wife
    05-28-09 12:50 PM
    Verizon also announced they are going to be getting Android devices too.

I really love my Berry, but as the tech geek I am love to try out different phones. Between the Tour, Storm 2, Pre, and Android phones all coming soon, and LTE coming in a couple-few years I am in heaven right now.
    couple few years. i was told this October! of course that was back in Jan. what do ya know....
    05-28-09 12:50 PM
    couple few years. i was told this October! of course that was back in Jan. what do ya know....
    Well they are starting real soon. 2010 will be like 200 or so markets, and 2012 will be almost nationwide from what I hear.
    05-28-09 12:51 PM
    I'm really interested in their Android phones. I hope they get more than just Motorola's handsets.
    05-28-09 01:00 PM
    Six months often turns into a lot more, maybe 9 months to a year.
    05-28-09 01:10 PM
    Well, there goes a June release. Dang it, now do I want to get the Storm now or hold out 6+ months... GAH!!!

I'm gonna pull out my hair
    cdaiscool... wait a few months! Dont get the current Storm it sucks! I bought the storm last Christmas and do I regret it! Im sure the next storm they are coming out with will be better..
    05-28-09 01:12 PM
    Here is the text:
    "Over the next six months or so you will see devices like Palm Pre and a second generation Storm," on the Verizon Wireless networks McAdam said.

Verizon Wireless is the exclusive carrier for the first BlackBerry Storm launched by Research In Motion (RIM.TO) late last year. RIM had said it would develop a new Storm but had not announced a timeframe.
    McAdams says that over the next 6 months or so, which I take to mean that there still could be new devices beforeNovember. To me, over the next six months means that new devices could appear any time between now and the end of the year, meaning a June release of the Storm 2 is still possible.

Inkdesigner
    05-28-09 01:16 PM
    I don't think I'd jump for the Storm 2, unless there are just some mind-boggling differences.

However, a Verizon Pre is a horse of a different color. That one just might send me packing (Prior Palm guy here...4 times over)
    I may have that same dilema unless I jump on the Tour. However, there isn't much that I miss about the Palm other than true threaded text messaging.
    05-28-09 01:17 PM
    cdaiscool... wait a few months! Dont get the current Storm it sucks! I bought the storm last Christmas and do I regret it! Im sure the next storm they are coming out with will be better..
    user name reported
    05-28-09 01:22 PM
66 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD