Every day or two, I go to the get apps section of the vzw homepage to see if there's anything new. Tonight I noticed thdy added VCast Song ID. I see the question about song id apps everyday, and some people have trouble with Shazam, so this should help some people. Remember to allow permissions. Before I did, it would just get stuck on the listening screen and wouldn't identify the song.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-28-09 12:17 AM
    Awesome! Thanks for the heads up.
    05-28-09 12:36 AM
    Awesome thanks a lot

05-28-09 12:39 AM
    what's the url to that homepage?
    05-28-09 12:42 AM
    i need this.....but i cant seem to find it
    05-28-09 12:43 AM
    V Cast Song Id

05-28-09 12:46 AM
    it friggin sux! i held it next to the speaker for 2 minutes (AFTER install AND reboot!) and no ID. Nada! Not to mention its a whole 1mb vice the 470kb Shazam (which btw has a update that i'm downloading right MEOW!) so it takes up a metric F*** ton of space...NO THANK YOU VZW!
    05-28-09 12:47 AM
    the link isnt working
    05-28-09 12:51 AM
    Thank god, shazam is horrid
    05-28-09 12:52 AM
    the link isnt working
    Using your phone? Cause it worked when I clicked it.

05-28-09 12:54 AM
    it friggin sux! i held it next to the speaker for 2 minutes (AFTER install AND reboot!) and no ID. Nada! Not to mention its a whole 1mb vice the 470kb Shazam (which btw has a update that i'm downloading right MEOW!) so it takes up a metric F*** ton of space...NO THANK YOU VZW!
    agreed. i thought it was just that it couldnt ID the first song i tried, so i tried something more popular and still nothing. it says "listening" indefinitely. essentially useless. shazam isnt perfect but ill stick with it.
    05-28-09 12:56 AM
    Using your phone? Cause it worked when I clicked it.

yah tried with and without my phone
    05-28-09 12:59 AM
    agreed. i thought it was just that it couldnt ID the first song i tried, so i tried something more popular and still nothing. it says "listening" indefinitely. essentially useless. shazam isnt perfect but ill stick with it.
    Did you set permissions to allow? It would just hang on the lirtening screen until I did that. Since I did that, it has id'd every song I've tried.

05-28-09 01:03 AM
    yah tried with and without my phone
    I got your pm. The link above is where I got it from. I don't know why it doesn't work for you.

05-28-09 01:04 AM
    Ha well idk what to tell ya king. You might be able to google vzw homepage.

And mine works. Found Pantera.

05-28-09 01:05 AM
    Yeah you'll get stuck on listening if you don't go into options, advanced options, applications and set all to allow even if you told it to at first. After that the only songs I haven't found were from local bands.
    05-28-09 01:05 AM
    now it says the system was unable to process your request
    05-28-09 01:06 AM
    Don't do the update if you still have time left on your trial since the latest version defaults the app to the limited edition.

I had the same problem but after the 3rd time trying to id the same song it finally picked it up. It gave me the correct artist, song title but it gave me an album not even by the artist. I tried the same song with shazam and it picked up the song on the first try with all the correct details.

05-28-09 01:06 AM
    Works fine

05-28-09 01:12 AM
    getting irritated i cant friggin dl.....anyone running .141 and having the same problem?
    05-28-09 01:15 AM
    Just downloaded this app and it works pretty damn good so far. I've already played a few songs and V Cast Song ID picked up those songs easily after only 10 seconds. Even knew the song with no lyrics, as well.

Gotta say... pretty amazing app. Although I haven't yet used Shazam(been trying to upgrade it to ver. 2.0.7, but App Loader isn't updating it for some reason)... I don't know.. it seems like V Cast Song ID does exactly what Shazam does and it's free. I'm still going to try to get Shazam to work though, as I'm sure that's a really great music ID app, as well.

Haven't found a problem yet with this app. Nice find!
    05-28-09 01:22 AM
    Just downloaded this app and it works pretty damn good so far. I've already played a few songs and V Cast Song ID picked up those songs easily after only 10 seconds. Even knew the song with no lyrics, as well.

Gotta say... pretty amazing app. Although I haven't yet used Shazam(been trying to upgrade it to ver. 2.0.7, but App Loader isn't updating it for some reason)... I don't know.. it seems like V Cast Song ID does exactly what Shazam does and it's free. I'm still going to try to get Shazam to work though, as I'm sure that's a really great music ID app, as well.

Haven't found a problem yet with this app. Nice find!
    Here is the OTA link to the latest version of shazam.

Shazam460 2.0.7 OTA

05-28-09 01:33 AM
    Sweet... thanks ArmaK!

Just downloaded/installed the latest version and BAM... upgraded to vers. 2.0.7. And it works brilliantly.

Thanks again for the help man... appreciate it!
    05-28-09 01:38 AM
    ive given up on trying to dl this app.....i get nothing but a error every time
    05-28-09 01:38 AM
    Is shazam really worth paying for this app id's every song for free?

05-28-09 01:45 AM
117 123 ...
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD