Hi I have a question, when I first got my 8900 Curve I was afraid to use
    Wi-Fi to roam the internet even though I discovered a Wi-Fi connectivity in my apartment. So I decided to ask here on the forum if I would get charge to use the internet. And people reply back by saying no i would not get charge as long as I'm using it on Wi-FI. So I've been doing my internet roaming everyday ever since and I check on My T-Mobile regularly and see that no charges was being made for my data usage since the MB result thing was at 0. So I've checked today and see somehow there a result of 1MB data usage on my on my account, I have a question why? The only thing that is brand new on my phone is UberTwitter
    05-27-09 07:58 PM
    If you don't have the BIS added to your account then you will be considered as pay as you go. To avoid the charges use the WiFi, it's free as long as its accessible where you go. I believe they still charge $19.95/month for unlimited web and email for BIS. By the way...�berTwitter access the web to keep you up to date. I suggest either remove the app or go in option to change the network to Use WiFi if available only and update to NEVER.
    Last edited by mflava; 05-27-09 at 09:03 PM.
    05-27-09 08:58 PM
    I have TMobile and use my WiFi. I called to make sure I wouldn't be charged and they said no.

I don't pay anything to have it and I'm able to do everything I was doing before with the data package I was paying $39.99.
    05-27-09 11:16 PM
    Yes I know there is an option to buy the blackberry internet deal but I do not have that or want that because I thought WIFI was a free service. And no I don't think my account is pay as go since I get 1000 minutes each month. I am still wondering is UbrerTwitter is causing the problem because if you saying that it runs on its own without my knowledge then no because I only use it when I am at home where there is a WIFI connection and the program does not runs or update without WIFI

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 11:32 PM
    The data is pay as you go if you don't sign up for a data plan. When you use UberTwitter even though you are connected to wifi it uses BIS to update and whatnot...Get the data plan or delete the app..
    05-28-09 12:21 AM
    Alrighty thanks for you help, that is all I wanted to know
    05-28-09 12:52 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD