How long does it take for it to run. I downloaded the app and ran it. It has been 30 minutes and still says "please wait". I tried turning the phone off and it wont. I set it to run daily at midnight. So how long does it run? more than 30 minutes?
    05-27-09 06:00 PM
    It should only take as long as your phone takes to reboot itself- times can vary, but 30 mins is WAY too long.
    Try doing an actual battery pull (take the battery out) & try Quickpull afterwards. If not, delete the app & re-download it, something could've happened on your initial download to corrupt the file.
    Good luck!
    05-27-09 06:04 PM
    I did the battery pull, takes a minute or so. I will try and run the QP again.

Edit: its working, great app. Thanks Bedlam
    Last edited by Va Vince; 05-27-09 at 06:24 PM.
    05-27-09 06:22 PM
    The app itself should be pretty close to instant after it says Please Wait. It has happened to many people before. I think it was because they didn't do a battery pull after installing QuickPull, which you're supposed to do.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 06:27 PM
    Its a great app when your phone works great. But if your phone is running really slow then running the app will be really slow. And then one has to wonder what the purpose of the app is? But it works pretty well.
    05-27-09 06:28 PM
    I installed it on mine, when i run the app it restarts the BB in seconds, then the obvious wait time for the device to turn back on (similar wait times as a battery pull)
    05-27-09 06:31 PM
    Downloaded QuickPull a few weeks ago and it's been working fine every since.

The only real problem with it is... it won't work if there's 0.0kb of free application memory, obviously. Other than that, the app works great!
    05-27-09 10:26 PM
    Best program ever!! Mine is scheduled to do its job every night/morning at 3am while I am hopefully sleeping.
    05-28-09 12:56 AM
    One of the few must have apps.
    05-28-09 08:04 AM
    How do you make it work when a app is hung up.
    05-28-09 10:19 AM
    How do you make it work when a app is hung up.
    If your BB is not responding, you will have to resort to a battery pull, or soft reset (alt + rt shft + del). Often times peoples BB's are acting up, but still function, so you can use QP instead of a battery pull.
    05-28-09 10:47 AM
    Ya im thinking about downloading the quickpull app. but have a question about it. If i set the schedule restart for when im sleeping but I have my phone on charge. will the app short the phone?
    05-28-09 03:39 PM
    Ya im thinking about downloading the quickpull app. but have a question about it. If i set the schedule restart for when im sleeping but I have my phone on charge. will the app short the phone?
    Everything will be fine... It won't short.
    05-28-09 03:59 PM
    It won't short your, what I find is that when quickpull or meterberry ( I am using it right now) encounters a problem, it will not reboot your storm. Rather it will notify you that there was an error. Which I find very useful.
    05-28-09 04:22 PM
    It isn't the 100% solution to battery pulls because if the phone is going real slow then either it won't work or it will take so long you will just pull the battery anyway.

Rather it is a GREAT app to have routine maintenance by saving you time and having to pull the battery everyday. I have it set on mine when I am sleeping. There is also less chance of breaking the backing of the phone constantly taking it off. (An added bonus imo).

After I missed a call because my phone couldn't process "answer" I set it to nightly 'quickpulls' and haven't had any issues since.
    05-29-09 01:12 AM
    I think I'm gonna set it up to do night pulls after reading how so many people do that

05-29-09 01:36 AM
    I think I'm gonna set it up to do night pulls after reading how so many people do that

That's usually the best time to run quick pull while you are sleeping, that way you shouldn't miss a call.
    05-29-09 02:22 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD