I'm running Outlook 2007, BB Desktop Manager 4.6 (also have tried 4.7) with a Storm.
    When I try to set up DM to sync my calendar or address book, Outlook is not an option when I try to configure my address book or calendar sync. I only see Outlook Express, ASCII and Yahoo. After some research I found that this is sometimes related to a problem with the "msoutlookconnector.fil" that is installed with DM. So I've done the cmd line fix listed here, that I found somewhere, that is suppose to fix this but it didn't.

1. Unregister the old Microsoft Outlook connector ilxolkCompanion.fil.
    1. Open the command prompt.
    2. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
    3. Type in the command regsvr32 -u ilxolkCompanion.fil.
    4. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will no longer be listed as an available desktop application.
    2. Register the most current Microsoft Outlook connector.
    1. Navigate to C:\Program Files\Research In Motion\BlackBerry\IS71 Connectors\MS Outlook Connector.
    2. Type in the command regsvr32 msoutlookconnector.fil.
    3. In Desktop Manager, Microsoft Outlook will now be registered as an available desktop application.

Once these steps have been completed, configure synchronization again.

and although it said success, I still have no Outlook in my list of choices.
    I've uninstalled and reinstalled DM a few times and tried both 4.6 and 4.7 with no luck.
    I've also reset the configuration in DM a few times. Any other advice?
    I'm thinking this has to be something going on with Outlook causing this but I don't know what it might be.
    05-27-09 05:33 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD