Good morning everyone. I'm a first time poster and Storm newb. I have a (most likely) stupid question.

A couple of weeks ago I downloaded PdaNet onto my Storm and laptop. I am able to connect but when I try to open IE I get the message "The page cannot be displayed" and am unable to open a web page. Junefabrics has not been any help. There email based tech support leaves something to be desired.

Here's the emails between JuneFabrics and myself:

DAVE: I just downloaded pdanet onto my blackberry and onto my laptop. The modem status says that it's connected at 2.4 Mbps but I am unable to open any websites. "The page cannont be displayed" is shown. I assume I have a setting in IE incorrect. Thanks, Dave.

Phone: storm 9530 (verizon) (storm)
    PdaNet Version: 1.20 (xp)

JF: There is some issue withyour phone's data service. Do you happen to have BIS?

DAVE: I have the Verizon Data plan. I don't know if that's BIS or not. What would I have to do to correct it if I did have BIS? Thanks, Dave.

JF: Hi Dave. Acutally could you go to Options->Advancd>Options->Browser and make sure "Internet Browser" has been selected? Thanks, June Fabrics PDA Software Support.

DAVE: The "Default browser configuration" and "Default MDS browser configuration" are both set to "Internet Browser" and I am unable to change them even if I wanted to (meaning I am able to click on both of them and they both highlight but there are no other options to select) Thanks, Dave.

JF: Hi Dave. That looks fine then. If you have data access on the phone without problem, then I doubt it may be a bug in current version and we will try to address the issue in coming updates. Thanks, June Fabrics PDA Software Support

Does this mean PdaNet doesn't work with the Storm? I would find that very hard to believe. I would greatly appreciate any suggestions. Thanks in advance, Dave.
    05-27-09 08:09 AM
    I use PDANet all the time. It works with the Storm.
    05-27-09 08:35 AM
    I would have been surprised if it didn't. What could I be doing wrong? IE settings? Storm settings? Anyone have any idea? Thanks, Dave.
    05-27-09 12:59 PM
    Afternoon, Ultrafied. When you started using PdaNet were you able to connect by just downloading the two programs to your phone and laptop? Did you have to change any settings in IE? I'm dumbfounded because it's able to connect but IE won't display any web pages. Thanks in advance, Dave.
    05-27-09 01:53 PM
    Anyone? Come on...you guys are the knowledge guru's!

p.s. I just installed Firefox and was unable to connect with it also. Dave.
    05-27-09 08:58 PM
    Have you tried shutting the firewall off ? Probably won't help,but I'm just thinking out loud.

Also,you might try uninstalling it,and re-downloading it.
    05-27-09 09:18 PM
    Afternoon, Ultrafied. When you started using PdaNet were you able to connect by just downloading the two programs to your phone and laptop? Did you have to change any settings in IE? I'm dumbfounded because it's able to connect but IE won't display any web pages. Thanks in advance, Dave.
    Nope. Installed PDANet on the laptop, downloaded it to my Storm. All settings are default. Using PDANet was pretty easy from the get go.
    05-27-09 09:56 PM
    did you do this?

1st connect usb cable with laptop
    2nd run the pdanet from BB and click the button of USB conncetion.
    3rd. click right mouse button on the pdanet icon in the systray of your laptop.
    4th. click connect menu.

i forget the steps because i do not use pdanet that often so last time i wrote them down
    06-05-09 10:17 AM
    I have been having issues as well. I have had PDAnet work (on this storm) in the past. but now NO data is downloading. If i click something...I can see the data being sent...but nothing ever downloads.

any help?
    06-05-09 12:19 PM
    I have been having issues as well. I have had PDAnet work (on this storm) in the past. but now NO data is downloading. If i click something...I can see the data being sent...but nothing ever downloads.

any help?
    I'm currently having this problem. It was working yesterday, but not today. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

EDIT: I restarted my phone and computer several times. Reinstalled PDANet once on the BlackBerry, and twice on the computer. After restarting them both at the same time, I got it to work. Don't know what I did, but it's working.
    Last edited by Raditude; 06-13-09 at 02:11 AM.
    06-13-09 01:07 AM
    I am confused as to how to get the software on my laptop from my blackberry storm. I am not getting the PDANet icon in my systray.
    Last edited by rgmrgm; 06-25-09 at 11:18 AM.
    06-25-09 10:38 AM
    I have issues as well with PDAnet where when I try to go to certain sites like msn.com it says completed and it is just a empty white page. Also when I go to google.com and try to do a search I get "content encoding error".

I ended up reloading my laptop due to other things I was attempting and that seemed to correct the issue but only for a short time I am not having the same issues as I had before with PDAnet. I wish I could figure out why the sites won't load completely as well as why I keep getting the "content encoding error" I tried to google the answer but still unsuccessful.
    06-25-09 11:28 AM
    I am getting the same error. Anyone find a fix for this?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    07-13-09 02:50 PM

any help?
    I hate to bump this thread, but I'm experiencing the same issue with my VZW 9530 via USB and BT DUN. No matter what happens, within a minute or 2 of going online, my connections goto 0 and I stop receiving any data despite the fact I can still send.

This seems to be fixed by resetting the phone, but it then occurs again.
    08-30-09 07:15 AM
    ok, I had the same problem when connecting, especially when using vista.

If this happens, go into IE and go tools-->internet options-->>connections and click remove where PdaNet is present under dial up connections.

Be sure to select "dial whenever a connection is not present" and apply and click ok to close all windows.

After you do that close all windows , and open new IE window and it should automatically connect at this time.

Once you connect the error message is gone forever !!!!!!!!

Let me know if this helps..

-richtree
    09-01-09 02:09 PM
    I have successfully installed PDANet on my laptop and on my Storm 2. It connects well but there is no data received; it transmits data only, hence I cannot browse the internet with it. I have BIS from MTN Nigeria, but due to my location sometimes I get the EDGE signal (in bold letters), with which I can still access the internet on my Storm 2. However, I noticed that whenever I connect PDANet the signal changes to edge (in small letters). I have only BIS on my Storm 2, no other data plan. What does this mean and why does the signal change to the small lettered edge when I connect with PDANet?
    Any ideas will be welcome.
    Thank you all.
    11-12-10 12:18 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD