I just got my blackberry and I'm still getting used to it. I love it except when I don't have a chance to charge it and it goes to low battery. Which is fine except it no longer allows me to send or receive anything for almost an hour even if I do manage to plug it in. Is there a way to turn that option off, or make my phone work quicker? (I know other than charging it all the time)
    05-26-09 10:46 PM
    Hey LG

Would love to know if there is a secret to your issue, but I dont think there is other than to manage charging it better or get another battery which is what I keep on hand. That way I never end up with my BB not working.

-W

PIN 305C3C2F
    05-26-09 10:51 PM
    Thanks -W
    I'll let you know if I ever figure out a way around it.
    05-26-09 10:54 PM
    There is no fix for this. Once your battery gets to a certain level
    (15% I believe) the radio shuts off to conserve power.

It is also an extremely bad idea to allow the battery to deep
    discharge regularly. This will have a massively deleterious effect
    on the overall life of the battery.

You may want to consider a spare battery or (even better) an
    extended capacity battery.
    05-26-09 11:11 PM
    Great idea, I hadn't thought of the extended battery option. Thanks for the tip.
    05-26-09 11:15 PM
    I just bought a couple extra batteries on ebay, and they are extremely cheap. I just make sue they are fully charged and keep them in my bag.

Plus, I charge my bb when I'm at work by keeping it connected via usb. I'm also considering buying an extra battery charger, so I don't have to charge my battery inside my bb.
    05-27-09 12:09 AM
    an extra battery charger?....thats a great idea
    05-27-09 12:11 AM
    They're really cheap on ebay, found one for the flip for $5.88 shipped. Only problem is it ships from China, so it could take a while.
    05-27-09 12:14 AM
    I just got my blackberry and I'm still getting used to it. I love it except when I don't have a chance to charge it and it goes to low battery. Which is fine except it no longer allows me to send or receive anything for almost an hour even if I do manage to plug it in. Is there a way to turn that option off, or make my phone work quicker? (I know other than charging it all the time)
    Options>Advanced Options>Wireless Update should force your radio back on.
    05-27-09 12:23 AM
    That is exactly what I used to do with my Treo a few spare batteries and a "battery only" charger. It was great. I never plugged the phone in.

I'll probably do the same for the bold here soon. OEM batteries and OEM battery only charger.
    05-27-09 10:15 PM
    @AG... just have to correct you *teeheehee* it goes off about 10-5 percent... o yeah, and the phone runs at 0 percent, but i don't recommend trying this lol.
    05-27-09 10:19 PM
    an extra battery charger?....thats a great idea
    Got this today for $4.00 shipped, and it really is great. It even has a USB port so I can charge my bb while I'm charging my spare batteries.
    06-20-09 08:39 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD