Sorry if this has been asked before, but is this application free. Everytime i try and use it, it says try premium, is there a way to use it without being charged?
    05-26-09 07:59 PM
    Are you opening a .docx file (Office 2007), as that is not supported under standard docs to go, otherwise need premium.
    05-26-09 08:06 PM
    If i hit try, am i going to be charged?
    05-26-09 08:13 PM
    Mine doesnt give me an option to try, just shows the site : Documents To Go and Office 2007 Compatibility. Just make sure you know what file extension you are trying to open.
    05-26-09 08:15 PM
    The Premium Edition, which costs money, allows you to create new documents. The standard edition that comes on the phones only allows you to open and edit existing documents. However, there is a work-around for creating new documents in the standard edition, as well.

CC
    05-26-09 08:41 PM
    And how is that done

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:45 PM
    The Premium Edition, which costs money, allows you to create new documents. The standard edition that comes on the phones only allows you to open and edit existing documents. However, there is a work-around for creating new documents in the standard edition, as well.

CC
    Great answer, and thank you
    05-26-09 08:45 PM
    No problems and no charges using MSO 2007 docs for me. Also, if you go into...preferences I think, you can hide anything that isn't included with the standard version. I wonder what would happen if someone were to email themselves blank documents? *whistles nonchalantly*

05-26-09 09:18 PM
    Ha! I never would have thought of that.
    05-26-09 10:40 PM
    If I remember correctly the work-around for creating new documents in the standard edition is to save a blank document to the BB from the computer and then on the BB open that and save as a new name then it will still have the new file and the blank one. Someone correct me if I am wrong, that it is how I remembered doing it but haven't done it for some time as I dont really use those programs anymore.
    05-26-09 10:44 PM
    Lol I feel like a ***** lol I should have been able to figure that out but thanks for the help

05-27-09 05:48 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD