I searched and didnt see this posted yet, but when I sign onto my account its telling me they are allowing open enrollment for TEP all this month............ of course I just now notice it at the end of the month
    05-26-09 06:07 PM
    yup its open enrollment month meaning anyone at anytime can add insurance. however you cant make a lost/stolen water/physical damaged claim for 30 days. but its better to add it now when you can cuz the only time you can add insurance otherwise is at the time of signing a contract be it upgrade or new line, and after doing a repair at a service and repair location. but only after such...lol
    05-26-09 06:40 PM
    Their Probably doing this because a lot of people are dropping TEP because its no longer a deal.

7$ a month then you have to pay 100$ deductable....no thanks, I'll take my chances.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:12 PM
    Depending where you are with your upgrade status the TEP isn't worth adding.

If you don't have the yearly upgrade allowance it just might be worth it depending on how long your have left.
    05-26-09 09:08 PM
    I have TEP on my phone as much for piece of mind. Yeah I would have to pay $100 deductible and I pay the $7 a month, but I do not have an extra $200-$300 just laying around to buy a new phone. Not to mention the $500 it would cost if I wanted to buy a new one through Sprint.
    05-27-09 06:21 AM
    I have TEP on my phone as much for piece of mind. Yeah I would have to pay $100 deductible and I pay the $7 a month, but I do not have an extra $200-$300 just laying around to buy a new phone. Not to mention the $500 it would cost if I wanted to buy a new one through Sprint.
    How about this? Take the $7 a month and put it away. I bet by the time you need a new phone you can afford two of them.

05-27-09 06:56 AM
    How about this? Take the $7 a month and put it away. I bet by the time you need a new phone you can afford two of them.

Well considering that would only equal $168 over a two year contract I don't think I could on just that.

05-27-09 09:01 AM
    I used to only keep the insurance on my son's phone (and it more than paid for itself lol), but since my wife and I got phones that we are now texting with and for me having a BB that we all know....we ever put these down.

I figure we are bound to have a dropped phone or something that I never had before.
    05-27-09 09:37 AM
    I have always had insurance on my device's prob for the past 10yrs.
    It is more for peace of mind for me also.

Not just to replace a phone but to do little things like bringing the device to have them put on a new screen once in awhile or cleaning my trackball for me.

I use it for the little things so I don't have to worry about f'ing something up on the phone myself.

05-27-09 09:46 AM
    Always had it on 4 of my phones used it once over a 6 year period but I cancelled it when the deductible went to $100 bucks
    05-27-09 10:46 AM
    Well I left out that I have 7 lines, so 7 x 7 is 49$ a month with a 100$ deductable. No Thanks.

Sprint/Ashurion needs to have a group rate of say 20$ a month to cover 3 or more lines.

05-27-09 05:38 PM
    i agree that w multiple lines its a lil outrageous. in lennyj17's positions just put half of what it would cost a month ($24.50) aside in some jar or something and anytime someone need a replacement im sure he would have enough to get a nice new phone. lenny i will bring this up to my distrcit asc rep and see what he thinks....who knows....nothin is gonna change unless someone speaks up.
    05-28-09 07:04 PM
    The only time I've had to pay the deductible was for water damage or destruction/loss. I've had devices that partially failed or had minor damage replaced at no cost. I've also used the TEP replace trackballs, rings, and a cracked battery cover. It's worth it to me.

05-28-09 07:29 PM
    $100 beats the **** out of $500 for a new device any day, unless of course your device is 2 weeks to a month away from $150 eligibility when it breaks. Look at it this way, you have a deductible on car ins right, and health, etc. I could go on. Keep in mind these are just my opinions not trying to rile anyone up or anything.
    05-30-09 03:25 PM
    $100 beats the **** out of $500 for a new device any day, unless of course your device is 2 weeks to a month away from $150 eligibility when it breaks. Look at it this way, you have a deductible on car ins right, and health, etc. I could go on. Keep in mind these are just my opinions not trying to rile anyone up or anything.
    Your right but my deductible doesnt go up unless I make changes on my car or have a bad year of driving. ...For someone like myself who have paid 7 years with 4 lines minimum it just isnt worth it to me...**** I could have bought alot of curves....84(12 months over 7 years) x 20 (since aursion just changed to $7 about 1.5 years ago and I have 4 lines x$5 )=$1680 thats about 7 curves off ebay...

Sorry the moire I look at the pricing the more I saw me throwing money away. I had 2 teenage sons over the 7 years who never lost their phones...so piece of mind was a waste of money
    Last edited by MsRandall; 05-30-09 at 08:11 PM.
    05-30-09 08:09 PM
    Your right but my deductible doesnt go up unless I make changes on my car or have a bad year of driving. ...For someone like myself who have paid 7 years with 4 lines minimum it just isnt worth it to me...**** I could have bought alot of curves....84(12 months over 7 years) x 20 (since aursion just changed to $7 about 1.5 years ago and I have 4 lines x$5 )=$1680 thats about 7 curves off ebay...

Sorry the moire I look at the pricing the more I saw me throwing money away. I had 2 teenage sons over the 7 years who never lost their phones...so piece of mind was a waste of money
    I definately understand where you're coming from I too don't like to pay the $7 a month and think of other things I could be doing w/it. I just think of freak accidents and hear stories and just suck it up and pay because if it comes down to it I don't have the money to pay retail if it breaks....But that being said I do understand your side as well.
    05-31-09 11:15 AM

Great post!
    Im dumping insurance...its just not worth it after device has had 4 - 6 months of use.
    Last edited by Slingbox; 05-31-09 at 01:07 PM.
    05-31-09 01:04 PM
    I would never get insurance on a phone with 100 dollar deductible
    Now curves off ebay go for like 250.
    Honestly if my phone broke I would use my old phone until my contract was up or buy off ebay if it was really far away.
    06-01-09 12:56 AM
    i keep TEP on my lines, mainly because the wifes really hard on her phones.. how the pearl has lasted her this long is beyond me.. but her last phones died horrible deaths.. like within 2 weeks of each other lol.

cheers
    06-01-09 03:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD