We all need to ask RIM for an upgrade for the new storm. Verizon is not the manufacture of 9530 RIM is. Lets ask them for the upgrade moneys.

05-26-09 03:42 PM
    why would we ask for an upgrade to a phone that isn't even available yet?

to quote my new favorite movie, fanboys...

"what if it sucks?"
    05-26-09 03:54 PM
    I will resist my inclination to respond with " whatchoo talking about willis?"

Instead I will say this: Where did you buy the phone? Who is your contract with? Verizon or RIM? My guess is Verizon or an affiliate. Stay with me now. If you bought a Sony TV from Best Buy, would you expect Sony to give you "moneys" when the next model came out, even if the model you bought had problems? No, you would either (a) take it back to Best Buy during their money back guarantee period (14-30 days), (b) work with Best Buy during the 1 year warranty period to get your TV fixed or replaced, or (c) sell the TV on craigslist and buy another one.

Good luck on your quest to get "moneys" from RIM. I will double any money they send you. I will need proof, of course.
    05-26-09 03:57 PM
    I think he means the original storm... maybe it is just new to him.... he DID say the 9530. lol.

red, there are software releases from RIM already. Verizon is the one that has declined 2 different patches that have been released. If you search the forums for "Storm OS" you will find plenty of links that instruct you how to do this.
    PLEASE read thru all the steps FIRST before starting...
    I can see this one going south.
    05-26-09 04:00 PM

Good luck on your quest to get "moneys" from RIM. I will double any money they send you. I will need proof, of course.
    I think he was actually calling us 'moneys'
    and ... uhhh... not much resistance, you still said it.
    05-26-09 04:03 PM
    I think he was actually calling us 'moneys'

Instead I will say this: Where did you buy the phone? Who is your contract with? Verizon or RIM? My guess is Verizon or an affiliate. Stay with me now. If you bought a Sony TV from Best Buy, would you expect Sony to give you "moneys" when the next model came out, even if the model you bought had problems? No, you would either (a) take it back to Best Buy during their money back guarantee period (14-30 days), (b) work with Best Buy during the 1 year warranty period to get your TV fixed or replaced, or (c) sell the TV on craigslist and buy another one.

Yo c-bone, ya not hip to lingo dawg? Check it out my brutha...you betta buy some paypahs and discova. Homey gotta stay up ta date fo da honeys to be widja. Its all good tho...techie got yo back. But don't let da shadizzle mizzle come down on ya rizzle fizzle. I float thru tha fog and i creep thru tha smog cuz I'm Snoop Doggie...Doggie...Doggie Dog...

Oh yea, on topic....I'll email RIM a nice thank you letter.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    Last edited by unseenme; 05-26-09 at 04:29 PM.
    05-26-09 04:26 PM
    unseeme, your spell check on your phone just went cross eyed...
    05-26-09 04:28 PM
    unseeme, your spell check on your phone just went cross eyed...
    So did i when i went back and read it

05-26-09 04:32 PM
    people pay good money for that kind of experience...
    05-26-09 04:46 PM
    Yo c-bone, ya not hip to lingo dawg? Check it out my brutha...you betta buy some paypahs and discova. Homey gotta stay up ta date fo da honeys to be widja. Its all good tho...techie got yo back. But don't let da shadizzle mizzle come down on ya rizzle fizzle. I float thru tha fog and i creep thru tha smog cuz I'm Snoop Doggie...Doggie...Doggie Dog...

Oh yea, on topic....I'll email RIM a nice thank you letter.

WHAT IN THE WORLD???? what just happened there? r u ok Unseeme?
    05-26-09 05:43 PM
    ^ lmao
    05-26-09 05:55 PM
    WHAT IN THE WORLD???? what just happened there? r u ok Unseeme?
    Had a moment

05-26-09 06:21 PM
    people pay good money for that kind of experience...
    Maybe I'll start a business...Experience the Experience...

Then maybe I'll pay the OP some moneys...

05-26-09 06:28 PM
    I was refering to the fact. With the Verizon network, our phones have not operated "with a released OS" as advertised. I think that we should be compensated. No?

@ Crackberryfan
    If the TV you bought from Best buy did not operate correctly. BUT you were told that they were working to correct the problem. AND they did not. Would you want to be compensated for being duped in to hanging on to the TV?

and by the way I have had my phone since they released. AND I have had only one storm.
    Last edited by Reddragonjh; 05-28-09 at 03:48 PM.
    05-28-09 03:46 PM
    why would we ask for an upgrade to a phone that isn't even available yet?

to quote my new favorite movie, fanboys...

"what if it sucks?"
    That movie was not half bad! A sequel has been talked about, too!
    05-28-09 04:12 PM
    That's what you get for listening to sales people. No offense meant to sales people, because I am one of them. (Speaking generically and at jest, for I do not work in the mobile phone industry!)

They'll say whatever they think they know best at the time, even if they're just only really, really hoping that it's true, despite all warning signs in their heads saying it isn't going to happen that way.

Next time you buy a phone and you aren't happy with it as is, and go into the store and someone tells you that a new OS will be out in a month, tell them to put that in writing, and if they won't, then switch them out. The reality is that tech supports and OS of any nature, in any industry, are always plagued with delays because of the nature of needing to test the network multiple times, fix bugs, etc.

It's not RIM or Verizon you need to be angry at - blame yourself for being too easy to please. Next time, follow common sense.
    05-28-09 04:25 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD