I have bought several car chargers both from Seidio and Verizon, both don�t work in my Range Rover. Anyone have a British car that their charger works?

Thanks
    05-26-09 01:54 PM
    Easy fix. Buy American.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 02:17 PM
    What happens when you plug in the charger?

and have you tested any other car chargers in your RR?
    05-26-09 02:32 PM
    Easy fix. Buy American.

ha ha. funny.

have you tried any other charging devices? its possible the fuse for the one port is blown... at least thats what i would assume if you have multiple chargers not working.
    05-26-09 02:32 PM
    What happens when you plug in the charger?

and have you tested any other car chargers in your RR?
    Red light blinks on only when I twist the charger. doesn't stay on.

Good question.... no haven't tried either one in any other car...
    05-26-09 02:39 PM
    I was hoping someone would post from England that has a 9500, but I don�t know if the plug into the phone is the same???
    05-26-09 02:44 PM
    the light on the charger has to stay on that is how you know it is on. sounds like there may be a short in the plug or in the RR. twist the plug and try and get the light to stay on then if you can plug the phone in and see if it charges
    05-26-09 11:34 PM
    owning a range rover you should know better then to assume the car is working properly. I love them but man it seems something is always falling apart/not working properly.
    05-26-09 11:40 PM
    catalina ******* wine mixer...

i wanna drive a range rover! i wanna make bank, bro!
    05-27-09 01:25 AM
    the light on the charger has to stay on that is how you know it is on. sounds like there may be a short in the plug or in the RR. twist the plug and try and get the light to stay on then if you can plug the phone in and see if it charges
    tried that and it only works part of the time. then the light goes out.

owning a range rover you should know better then to assume the car is working properly. I love them but man it seems something is always falling apart/not working properly.
    tried two diffrent plugs and both are the same.
    thats what makes me think RR might have a slightly diffrent plug than American cars....

Any brits on here????
    05-27-09 07:53 PM
    so you are sure its not the fuse?
    05-27-09 08:07 PM
    Try bending the contacts a little...
    05-27-09 08:14 PM
    so you are sure its not the fuse?
    methinks if it's the fuse the red light wouldn't come on at all.

Try bending the contacts a little...
    that's an idea....

I just wonder if the british use a slightly different plug???
    05-27-09 08:44 PM
    If you have decent electrical knowledge you could hardwire it. I'm 17 and have my gps radar detector and phone charger all hardwired if you need help I would be more then willing to

05-27-09 09:06 PM
    that's an idea....

I just wonder if the british use a slightly different plug???
    No, they don't. They are standard all over the world. The cig lighter contacts just loose tension and don't make contact with the plug. I bet if you put the charger in and jiggle it around a bit it will work until you let go...
    05-27-09 09:41 PM
    If you have decent electrical knowledge you could hardwire it. I'm 17 and have my gps radar detector and phone charger all hardwired if you need help I would be more then willing to

It is people like you that cry warranty when your wiring harness goes up in smoke too.
    05-27-09 10:13 PM
    Red light blinks on only when I twist the charger. doesn't stay on.

Good question.... no haven't tried either one in any other car...
    Sounds like you have a faulty power point.(they are no longer referred to as cig lighters as most of them will melt or short out if you try to plug a lighter element in) If you are still under your 3/36 take it in to the dealer as it sounds like a legitimate complaint that they probably already know about.
    05-27-09 10:16 PM
    It is people like you that cry warranty when your wiring harness goes up in smoke too.
    I have never had a problem with my wiring harness I use OEM parts and fuse taps there is pretty much not risk and it allows for a very clean instillation so I don't know what the **** your talking about.

05-27-09 10:17 PM
    or, its people like him that know what they're doing..hard wiring is nothing different than plugging something in..its just more reliable and easier if you know what you are doing
    05-27-09 10:18 PM
    yeah, you need to get rid of your nancy suv and get a real rig like my 1988 toyota fj62 landcruiser
    05-27-09 10:46 PM
    try charging a different phone. this used to happen with a phone i had and it was a short in the phone itself.
    05-27-09 11:05 PM
    Easy fix. Buy American.

Hellllllllllllllllllll no! Buy german! BMWFTW!!!!!!!!!!!!
    05-28-09 09:25 AM
    It might be something going a little haywire. Cars sold in america typically have to go buy certain rules and guidelines to conform to our way of life ie road rules, device regulations, etc etc. I would think that the socket type is standard across the board no matter where you car is made, it is sold in america, know what i mean? I would take it to the dealership and have em take a look at it. Youve already tried various chargers and all failed to work, i would try them in another car first, then go to the dealership.
    05-28-09 09:29 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD