I use my wired headset that came with me Curve for music all the time... It works fine... but today my blutooth died becasue it needs to be charged.... so i decided to use my wired handset while driving... for safety... But when I made a call to my boyfriend the headset kept fading in an out evry 5 seconds... He could hear me fine... but he would go mute... I have no idea what is wrong with it... Has anyone else had this problem...? If so please tell me how to fix it Thanks!
    05-26-09 01:24 PM
    I am interested in a response to this same issue. I just assumed that the headset was only for listening to music since I cannot hear well or at a all when I am making calls. Can anyone help?
    05-26-09 07:08 PM
    I have a question for the OP-are you sure that it was fading out or were you switching back and forth between the headset and the speaker? You may want to try a battery pull. If that doesn't work I would return them to the store where you got them. I got a new set from Verizon.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 07:25 PM
    I use my BB headset all the time for listening to music and when a call comes in the music pauses and the ringtone plays in my headset.

Press the button on the mic (where the earpiece wires come together) and I can answer the call.
    During the call, if i press the button (once quickly) it mutes my mic but allows me to continue to hear the caller.
    Press it again and the mic activates.
    Press and hold the button and the call is terminated and the music continues.
    05-26-09 09:48 PM
    I get the same results I tried the batt pull and then it works for maybe an hour then the same thing happens. Don't know how to fix it
    05-26-09 10:15 PM
    My wife's curve (second one now, waiting on #3 to arrive) is having a similar issue. The sound will switch between ear buds and handset speaker randomly and without any apparent trigger. I've tried isolating the any software problems by doing a wipe and restoring only contacts; tried isolating hardware issues by swapping her headset with mine and using hers in my storm (it works fine, my headset in her curve produces the same cutting out effect). Anyone have any ideas?

Our current strategy is to just ask for a different device if this third Curve presents with the same problem.
    05-27-09 10:56 AM
    I have the same problem as phillip. Except not my wife.. Ha. But when listening to music on my curve with the ear buds that came with it, the music will randomly stop playing from the ear buds and start playing through the speaker on the phone even though the ear buds are new and fully plugged in. I don't remember this ever happening with regular headphones though..
    Also, random side note.. I have battery powered sound blocking headphones and when turned on they produce a strange humming sound if they're plugged into my phone.. But this humming stops if I touch certain spots on my phone.

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-27-09 12:38 PM
    Yeah same problem here, its very annoying. Has anyine found a cure for this?
    06-14-09 01:41 AM
    I just purchased my Blackberry Curve 8330 in April of this year. A great Blackberry!

It came with these great stereo earbuds with a mic... which work pretty good... WHEN THEY WORK CORRECTLY! I noticed that when I would take my phone with me on my walks and listen to music, it would give a crack noise (the same noise that happens when you plug in a speaker connection... only not as annoying) It would intermittently do this, interrupting the music. I also noticed that when I would use my phone, I was surprised at how clear I could hear from both earbuds, however that was short lived when the crack noises would come back.

On my phone I noticed that when I am using the wired headset, when it cracks, an icon comes up as if it is searching for a signal. The person on the phone can hear me fine, but it goes in an out... seemingly switching on its own from wired headset to the handset... intermittently.

Called Sprint.. they want me to take it to their store. The store clerk wants me to leave it for at least 2 hours for them to look at it! NO WAY! If you have not come across this problem... please check it out and reply to this thread. I'm going to the Blackberry website now to see what can be done!
    07-21-09 04:19 PM
    I just got my Curve 8330 last week, the earbuds seem to work good when making a call or listing to music in the media files, but when I try to listen to music from the Sprint Music Store, it plays out the phone speaker instead of the earphones. Weird, not sure what to do about it. I will try a different headset, but I like the mic for answering calls.
    09-26-09 08:32 AM
    Maybe there is some information that will help. Take a look at post number 5 on this thread:
    forums.crackberry.com/f52/help-playing-audio-externally-313656/
    09-26-09 02:42 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD