I would like to start a thread to get peoples opinions, informed or not, on which Blackberry, of the unreleased variety, will land at Sprint. I have a contact (Level 3 Blackberry Support Tech) who gave me a very solid answer of the 9630 Tour. He said that RIM informed him that all carriers who have featured the 8830 WE would, by the end of the year, receive the new 9630 Tour.

Thoughts, comments, rumors....
    05-26-09 12:08 PM
    I would like to be a Mod so I could sticky 1 thread that says, "Sprint needs a new Blackberry" and lock every other thread that says the exact same thing.

(I'd do the same with a thread that says, "How do I get MMS on my phone?")
    05-26-09 12:34 PM
    This should be a sticky, until there is actually a new phone released. It would be nice to have a good knowledge group for people to look into concerning a new release.
    05-26-09 01:10 PM
    I would like to be a Mod so I could sticky 1 thread that says, "Sprint needs a new Blackberry" and lock every other thread that says the exact same thing.

(I'd do the same with a thread that says, "How do I get MMS on my phone?")
    LOL. I agree. =)
    05-26-09 01:38 PM
    I have been told twice (by 2 different reps at a corporate store) that the 89xx series Blackberry is coming. One even said it was going to be the new world phone so not sure what they really know/plan...

Also was told to look for 15 new phones by the end of the year.

Would sure like to get something newer in the pipeline.
    05-26-09 02:17 PM
    If all you guys are going to do is reply with rude, useless comments, then don't reply at all...
    huh
    05-26-09 02:18 PM
    yea i need an upgrade
    05-26-09 02:19 PM
    huh
    That was a misreply...sorry to many redbulls!
    05-26-09 02:28 PM
    That was a misreply...sorry to many redbulls!
    lol.........
    05-26-09 03:03 PM
    To **** with the Palm Pre...they are treating us BB owners like step children! We make up 30 something odd % (forget the exact number) of their userbase and we can't get a new damn BB! Keep in mind that the Curve/Pearl/8830 came out almost two years ago...which means we're all pretty much due for an upgrade. So they would sell a Tour to probably ALL of us! But of course...this would make sense. Why put priority on a release that everyone would buy?
    *facepalm*

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    05-26-09 08:54 PM
    To **** with the Palm Pre...they are treating us BB owners like step children! We make up 30 something odd % (forget the exact number) of their userbase and we can't get a new damn BB! Keep in mind that the Curve/Pearl/8830 came out almost two years ago...which means we're all pretty much due for an upgrade. So they would sell a Tour to probably ALL of us! But of course...this would make sense. Why put priority on a release that everyone would buy?
    *facepalm*

Good point. I think its hard to put the blame on sprint. Look at verizon, with exception of the Storm they have the same berries as us. With GSM the more popular format there is more incentive for manufactures to cater to their customers first. We will get our Tours and pearl flips soon enough, patience my friends.
    05-26-09 10:04 PM
    i just wish palm had a videocamera then i would be sold!!!
    05-27-09 07:00 PM
    It does it just cant capture that video.

From what I understand the hardware is there its just not supported by the OS which in theory can be updated OTA.
    05-27-09 08:45 PM
    videocamera isnt the same as a camera..
    05-27-09 08:47 PM
    This is going to turn into an Urban Legend!!!!
    05-27-09 10:05 PM
    This is going to turn into an Urban Legend!!!!
    Indeed. Or just a legend period. The Sasquatch, Loch Ness Monster, Area 51, and the Sprint Tour.

Seriously though, I don't mind these speculative threads. I think we all know that being a CDMA device, the Tour is on its way at some point. I'm also interested in the prospect of the Aries. We've heard great things about the Trackpad from Kev and I'd certainly like to check that out. Timing?

Plus, unless I'm wrong, I haven't heard anything about the exclusivity (sp?) of the "Storm 2". Would Verizon have dibs? I could be wrong, I haven't trolled through all of the Storm and new device forums. That's a CDMA device as well I assume...
    05-28-09 12:35 AM
    Its ok to delay the launch or whatever is going on, but just tell us "hey guys you are not getting a blackberry till the end of the year kick rocks!!!!"By time we get a new blackberry I am going look like this
    05-28-09 11:55 AM
    I've seen in the Tour forum talk of release in 3Q09.. but someone posted today they'd "heard" a pushback till Jan.

Personally I'm doing my very best to be patient. My Pearl is doing ok but the keypad has a few keys beginning to lift/look loose. The price on the Curve 8330 may eventually drop low enough (49 now with a new contract but losing my upgrade for an old phone wouldn't be wise so I'd have to buy full price) that I'll make a move. Not yet though.. I need a firm Sprint lineup announcement.

In the meantime.. I may need to buy some repair parts and fix up my Pearl for extended use.
    05-28-09 01:11 PM
    See I am just like you stuck between a rock and a hard place, I had to kick out $100 to the insurance company because my charger port was loose and the Sprint tech at the store said it was physical damage, that's $100 dollars I could have paid for a new phone unfortunately I am cracked out over Blackberry, and Sprint is acting like a drunk uncle on your wedding day
    05-28-09 01:27 PM
    I do my best to rub it in where I can...
    05-28-09 01:33 PM
    @ papped: Classy.

05-28-09 03:03 PM
    reported!

kidding.. lol.
    05-28-09 03:05 PM
    I am bored of bb already, I need Pre like device .. TOuch Screen + Qwerty
    06-02-09 02:05 AM
    I am bored of bb already, I need Pre like device .. TOuch Screen + Qwerty
    I feel you 100%! I love my Berry but I want something different with the same functions as my Berry!!!
    06-02-09 12:36 PM
    I hope the 8530, or the 9630 comes out in the next 4 months, so that I can watch all these Pre converts come running back.
    06-02-09 12:43 PM
38 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD