Do you guys charge your phones from an electric outlet in the wall? or through USB with your PC?

I dont have many outlets still available, so i'm thinking of just connecting it via USB to my PC. Will this save me any electricity?

What settings is your PC on? Last night i charged via USB and it was charging when i left the room, the next day my battery was dead. My computer must have hibernated or slept or whatever. I dont know, normally i shake the mouse and my computer goes from black screen to my desktop.

Just wondering what you guys do do minimize your electricity use and still have your computer charge your phone at all times...
    05-26-09 01:13 AM
    i use usb with my comp never going off and i power my phone off while its charging
    it charges a lil faster
    05-26-09 01:36 AM
    from the engineering screen

charge rate from wall: 1350 mAh
    charge rate from usb : 500 mAh (which is the max for usb)

wall > usb

these numbers are for the bold though sorryehhh =']

leaving the pc turned on overnight will use wayy more energy than just plugging the cell phone to an outlet, why? because computers use more energy than cell phones thats why XD haha
    Last edited by gbsn; 05-26-09 at 01:43 AM.
    05-26-09 01:40 AM
    Trouble via pc not unusual > wall!
    05-26-09 03:02 AM
    Both work...wall is faster. If you use the PC, set it to Never go to sleep/hybernate in you power scheme settings.

Grey
    05-26-09 07:25 AM
    +1 wall

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com

05-26-09 07:32 AM
    wall. I don't trust the USB and windows with my BB. Never did, never will.
    05-26-09 07:34 AM
    Wall all the way, takes way too long to charge via usb
    05-26-09 07:57 AM
    wall at night, laptop if i have to do a quick charge to last the rest of the day
    05-26-09 07:57 AM
    I charge mine with the wall outlet...

05-26-09 07:58 AM
    Charge mine with PC in the cradle so i can have a clock at work
    05-26-09 07:59 AM
    From my experience, plugging into PC pretty much just keeps it from "uncharging". Use a wall charger if available.

If you really need to get a charge for your battery AND you only have the PC to plug it into, turn the phone off for faster battery recovery.
    05-26-09 08:03 AM
    Then How do you sync/backup/load os?
    05-26-09 08:35 AM
    From my experience, plugging into PC pretty much just keeps it from "uncharging". Use a wall charger if available.

If you really need to get a charge for your battery AND you only have the PC to plug it into, turn the phone off for faster battery recovery.
    I use the usb to charge while I am at work because sometimes I forget to charge it at home the night before. It definitely charges the phone. i ususally leave work with close to a full charge.
    05-26-09 08:37 AM
    I certainly wouldn't leave the PC on *just* to charge your phone but if it's running anyway, the efficiency will be higher to charge via USB than by the wall brick. The brick I got with my storm said 700ma (if I recall) which is higher than the most it could get via USB (500ma) so it should go a fair bit faster connected to the wall. In the limited testing I have done, if you are charging via USB and the clock 'screen saver' is on (keeping the screen lit) it will take a LONG time to charge, compared to the wall (with or without the clock). As a matter of habit, I always disable the clock when i plug it in to charge (so the screen will shut off). I have been tempted to just remove the clock app and save the hassle, it's a pretty lame 'feature' IMO.
    05-26-09 08:43 AM
    The wall is faster than the USB... I heard somewhere it was less stressing too for the battery...
    05-26-09 09:11 AM
    If I am at my office, then it charges of my workstation. When I am home it is the outlet, unless I am loading some apps or changing the OS.

Charging from the wall is faster however.
    05-26-09 09:20 AM
    Whatever I can get my hands on when the battery is about to quit.
    05-26-09 09:20 AM
    Cradle plugged into the wall
    05-26-09 09:29 AM
    I usually charge my phone on the wall. Or in my car. I tried the sb charge once and that mess took too long.
    05-26-09 09:53 AM
    Bill Gates hacks into your BB while you sleep
    05-26-09 11:15 AM
    I use them all! Wall at night to keep the phone near my bed (though the ringer is shut off) computer at least once a day to sync and car charger on work days to be sure I'm at top power when I get to work.
    05-26-09 11:35 AM
    While at home it is plugged into the USB connection to my main pc as it never turns off.
    When travelling I have a I-Go adapter for the many laptops I carry and it has an attachment for the Storm and a normal mini USB for the work 8830.
    I let them charge at night and that charge lasts all day cept when I am stuck in the dungeon office in New Jersey and the batteries go dead searching for connection all day
    05-26-09 11:38 AM
    Wall is way faster.
    05-26-09 01:17 PM
    Wall or Car charger is much faster than USB.

05-26-09 01:22 PM
34 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD